View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 29th, 2014, 8:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 David Terrell and Pats agree to terms 
RIP Killer

Post David Terrell and Pats agree to terms
Patriots: Terrell agrees to terms
The News

David Terrell is reuniting with his college quarterback. ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli is reporting that the free agent wide receiver has agreed in principle to a one year contract with the Patriots. Terrell, who was Chicago's first round draft pick in 2001, was released by the Bears at the end of February, and his former University of Michigan teammate Tom Brady had urged the team to sign him.
Our View
Brady can make anyone look good so we wouldn't be surprised if he squeezed out whatever talent Terrell possesses. This is a golden opportunity for David to salvage his career as the third receiver on a championship team. Of course, if there's one thing we've learned the past few years it's never to trust Terrell's potential. That and Patriots wideouts are too unreliable to be counted on as fantasy starters.

April 4th, 2005, 8:41 am
Site Admin

If he does well I will say "I told you so". tongue3.gif

If he sucks I will probably remain silent :lol:

April 4th, 2005, 9:24 am
Profile WWW
Div 1 - Starter

New England has done it again. They've let another solid starter go (David Givens) and upgraded him for less than it would have cost to keep him. I'm willing to bet Terrell has his best season of his career, despite the fact that NE always has 4-5 dependable WRs.

My favorite day ever as a Lions fan.

Somehow landing the Ndamo-nator would be the second best day ever.

April 4th, 2005, 10:30 am
Varsity Benchwarmer

New England has done it again. They've let another solid starter go (David Givens) and upgraded him for less than it would have cost to keep him. I'm willing to bet Terrell has his best season of his career, despite the fact that NE always has 4-5 dependable WRs.

I dunno, I think Givens is a talented WR that stepped up when Branch was MIA. Terrell has been mostly inconsistent. I haven't seen a salary numbers so I'm not sure Terrell is cheaper that Givens. He may be cheaper than Brown, but I doubt he's cheaper than Givens.

April 4th, 2005, 11:18 am
Profile YIM WWW
RIP Killer

Terrell's got WAY more potential than Givens does though...or so some think. I don't know. You could blame his inconsistancy on the fact he was a BEAR or the leftovers throwing him the ball every year. Either way, he was a stud in college (which means little in the NFL) and has a lot of potential.

April 4th, 2005, 11:21 am
Varsity Benchwarmer

Terrell's got WAY more potential than Givens does though...or so some think. I don't know. You could blame his inconsistancy on the fact he was a BEAR or the leftovers throwing him the ball every year. Either way, he was a stud in college (which means little in the NFL) and has a lot of potential.

I'm still backing Givens. He has better hands, he's better coached, he's bulkier, he's more consistent and he's used to winning. Terrell on the other hand hasn't showed many signs of being a decent WR in the NFL. A good WR can make something happen and Terrell hasn't. I don't think you can blame the QB, look at Jeff Blake and Anquan Boldin 2 years ago.

April 4th, 2005, 11:54 am
Profile YIM WWW
RIP Killer

I'm still backing Givens. He has better hands, he's better coached, he's bulkier, he's more consistent and he's used to winning. Terrell on the other hand hasn't showed many signs of being a decent WR in the NFL. A good WR can make something happen and Terrell hasn't. I don't think you can blame the QB, look at Jeff Blake and Anquan Boldin 2 years ago.

I couldn't agree more with all of that. I only said potential, he hasn't proved anything to anyone in the NFL.

April 4th, 2005, 11:56 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I'm glad that New England signed him because we were going after him and I didnt want him...

Michael Huff for DROY

April 4th, 2005, 6:15 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]