View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 30th, 2014, 4:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Mike Williams 

Should Mike Williams have been allowed to play at USC this year?
Poll ended at September 26th, 2004, 2:58 pm
Yes 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Mike Williams 
RIP Killer

Post Mike Williams
I guess given the history of NCAA decisions against players that I should not have been surprised by the ruling to NOT allow Mike Williams to play for USC this season. Guess he is just a regular student like everyone else.

What do you think of the ruling?

How do you think this will impact his draft value next year?

August 27th, 2004, 2:58 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

There are a two things that stand out about Mike Williams

1) Despite what many people think, this IS going to affect his draft status, if he can't play organized football for a year. He isn't going to Canada. If you were a GM, would you waste a #1 pick overall on a guy that hasn't played football for 8 months? I don't think I would, especially with his workout times as slow as they were. The positives for this situation are that he gets to improve upon his slow 40 time and get the rest of his numbers to impress scouts. But his 40 time wasn't the only problem with his game, he still didn't run great routes, and doesn't have much experience at the position. He is a great prospect, but not as good as many people think now that he won't have a season of college football under his belt.

2) I think that Mike should have seen this coming when he declared himself eligible for the draft. Clarett and him were the only two people that actually declared for the draft, and both knew that once they declared that they may noy be able to play college football. Look. Mike Williams has done everything he possibly could have done to get back into football, and isn't a bad guy. But he should have known once he signed with that agent that he wasn't going to be able to get back into college football next year. He rolled the dice on a decision in court that was likely to be overturned and lost.

August 27th, 2004, 10:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]