View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 19th, 2014, 10:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 1st pick in a keeper league 
QB Coach

Post 1st pick in a keeper league
I took over a team in a keeper league. The guy had a weak roster and finished last giving me the 1st overall pick in the 3 round rookies only draft as well as the regular draft.

We keep 6 player (1 has to have been a rookie from the previous season) and add our 3 new rookies to that before drafting the remaining players.

Start: 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1WR/RB flex, 1TE, 1K and 5IDPs with a 7 man bench.

So from what he had I kept TO, Roddy White, Tedd Ginn(rookie keeper rule) Thomas Jones(the only starting RB on the guys roster), Tony Gonzalez and Big Ben.

In the rookie only draft I know Ill get McFadden 1st overall but in the regular draft who do I take first: Lendale White, Rudi, Julius Jones, Earnest Graham, Reggie Bush or Turner?

There are some good WRs available like Housh, Roy Williams and Burress but if I take one I will be super thin at RB. Who would you take?

May 29th, 2008, 4:13 pm
QB Coach

Post Re: 1st pick in a keeper league
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
I took over a team in a keeper league. The guy had a weak roster and finished last giving me the 1st overall pick in the 3 round rookies only draft as well as the regular draft.

We keep 6 player (1 has to have been a rookie from the previous season) and add our 3 new rookies to that before drafting the remaining players.

So from what he had I kept TO, Roddy White, Tedd Ginn(rookie keeper rule) Thomas Jones(the only starting RB on the guys roster), Tony Gonzalez and Big Ben.

In the rookie only draft I know Ill get McFadden 1st overall but in the regular draft who do I take first: Lendale White, Rudi, Julius Jones, Earnest Graham, Reggie Bush or Turner?

There are some good WRs available like Housh, Roy Williams and Burress but if I take one I will be super thin at RB. Who would you take?

From that list, I think I'd take Rudi. Proven starter who puts up solid numbers every year. He's not spectacular, but he's solid.

May 29th, 2008, 5:19 pm
Heisman Winner

Post Re: 1st pick in a keeper league
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:

From that list, I think I'd take Rudi. Proven starter who puts up solid numbers every year. He's not spectacular, but he's solid.

Except for last year my opinion I would take Jones. Going to a new team with a good line and his back up if TJ Duckett. On the other hand if it's a points per reception league I might take Bush.

May 30th, 2008, 10:10 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Rudi Johnson may be the safe choice, but I'm thinking that Michael Turner could have a big year, but that might be too early to select him. The other possibility would be Julius Jones.

May 31st, 2008, 8:34 am
Pro Bowl Player

May 31st, 2008, 8:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]