View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 21st, 2014, 4:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 I need help with this trade option! 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Lets not forget FF is one of the biggest crap shoots out there. All it takes is one bad game or injury to a RB or QB in a big game and the season is over. Not to mention that mysterious career game from Joe Benchwarmer to take your team down. I didn't remember I had a team last year, didn't draft a single player, and never touched my roster and won four games.

August 23rd, 2008, 10:06 am
RIP Killer

It is a crap shoot, so any little bit helps. Might as well plan ahead and make changes if you need to.

August 23rd, 2008, 12:29 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

steensn, I'm just messing with you man. I used to know someone who did the same thing that you do and I would laugh at him every time that he didn't reach the playoffs. There's just so many factors that go into it (matchups, weather, injuries, sitting players already in the playoffs, etc.) that it ends up being a complete crapshoot. I just attempt to assemble the best team possible and worry about that other stuff when the time comes.

What's funny is that I had four teams last year and the one I was most confident about was the only one that didn't get into the playoffs. That's what happens when you go through four QBs because they keep getting injured. I also had a few other key injuries like Andre Johnson as well. In addition, the team I was least confident about was the one to get me a championship. Go figure.

August 23rd, 2008, 1:12 pm
RIP Killer

Hey, I just say you might as well go in with a plan to give you the best odds. Maybe the dice fall in your favor and weather/wind don't kill you, then you look like a genious. But when things go bad, doesn't matter what strategy you did, you are going to have to adapt. Just because things might not work out doesn't mean you shouldn't attempt to have the best gameplan possible.

I just had my family draft tonight and they drafted so jacked up I got Steven Jackson, Lynch, Johnson(KC), and Parker. I didn't only wanted Johnsons and Lynch with my gameplan, but Steven Jackson slipped to me at number 8 and Parker was sitting there in a middle round. Things change and I wold never take someone who has a better possible matchup in the later weeks if Steven Jackson is staring me in the face. It is only to help rustle through the trades and hard decisions.

August 23rd, 2008, 10:05 pm
Team MVP

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

August 25th, 2008, 10:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2