View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 17th, 2014, 3:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Opinions on my family fantasy team. 
RIP Killer

Post Opinions on my family fantasy team.
Well... I didn't come out the way I wanted. They let so many people slide I had to take guys I didn't really want. Then some turd that we brought in this year started grabbing all the players I wanted in the later rounds a couple picks before me.

Our draft system sucks. We draft reverse order from last year for the first two rounds then pick random envelopes fo the rest of the rounds. I think I averaged the 8th pick in each round...

Anyways:

QB Carson Palmer
RB Steven Jackson
WR TJ Hous
WR Torry Holt
TE Dallas Clark
W/T Lee Evans
W/R Marshawn Lynch
K Neil Rackers
Def Seattle

BN Larry Johnson - RB
BN Willie Parker - RB
BN Bobby Engrahm - WR
BN Kevin Curtis - WR
BN Matt Schaub - QB

August 24th, 2008, 8:17 am
Veteran General Manager

Post Re: Opinions on my family fantasy team.
steensn wrote:
Well... I didn't come out the way I wanted. They let so many people slide I had to take guys I didn't really want. Then some turd that we brought in this year started grabbing all the players I wanted in the later rounds a couple picks before me.

Our draft system sucks. We draft reverse order from last year for the first two rounds then pick random envelopes fo the rest of the rounds. I think I averaged the 8th pick in each round...

Anyways:

QB Carson Palmer
RB Steven Jackson
WR TJ Hous
WR Torry Holt
TE Dallas Clark
W/T Lee Evans
W/R Marshawn Lynch
K Neil Rackers
Def Seattle

BN Larry Johnson - RB
BN Willie Parker - RB
BN Bobby Engrahm - WR
BN Kevin Curtis - WR
BN Matt Schaub - QB

ROFLMAO

I thought you were drafting a fantasy family from the thread title.

HMMMM. for my fantasy wife..... I'll pick Selma Hyack. =P~ downtown.gif

August 24th, 2008, 11:10 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

How about a Family Fantasy Team of the three Jessicas (Alba, Simpson, and Biel)? :D

Seriously, I like steensn's team except for one thing: He has three groups of two players that play on the same team (Palmer and Housh, Jackson and Holt, Lynch and Evans). If one of those teams have a bye and another one just has a bad game or match-up, he could be in trouble.

August 24th, 2008, 12:04 pm
RIP Killer

How about a Family Fantasy Team of the three Jessicas (Alba, Simpson, and Biel)? :D

Seriously, I like steensn's team except for one thing: He has three groups of two players that play on the same team (Palmer and Housh, Jackson and Holt, Lynch and Evans). If one of those teams have a bye and another one just has a bad game or match-up, he could be in trouble.

My main problem is that I couldn't pass up on some of these guys. I passed up Chad Johnson who was available in the friggn eighth round because I had TJ and Palmer.

I am working on some trades though, I just couldn't pass on some of these guys that fell so far. I figured I could at least trade them early on when they have a lot of value to diversify my team more. I want to get an upgrade on Palmer and somehow pawn of Evans hoping he has a great start to the season.

August 24th, 2008, 12:43 pm
QB Coach

You are really solid at RB but I'd be a little worried about WR. Curtis and Engram are both hurt. I forget how long Curtis is out but for Engram I think it's like 2 months.

August 24th, 2008, 2:36 pm
RIP Killer

You are really solid at RB but I'd be a little worried about WR. Curtis and Engram are both hurt. I forget how long Curtis is out but for Engram I think it's like 2 months.

I wasn't aware of either's injury, not sure how I missed that. I am already in the works to try and solidify WR. I would have looked great with who they let slide but I couldn't come to grabbing Johnson when I had TJ and Palmer. I shoulda then tried to trade him, hindsight is 20/20, everyone has a little mistake.

August 24th, 2008, 5:27 pm
RIP Killer

Done some trading and moving around.. Now all I have to do is try and get a more solid QB through trade.

QB Carson Palmer
WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh
WR Lee Evans
RB Ryan Grant
TE Anthony Fasano
WR/TE Calvin Johnson
WR/RB Willie Parker
K Neil Rackers
Def Seattle

BN Marshawn Lynch
BN Torry Holt
BN Larry Johnson