View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 21st, 2014, 2:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Losing dirty to improve matchups in playoffs... 
RIP Killer

Post Losing dirty to improve matchups in playoffs...
OK, so what does everyone think of this. I'm first and locked for the playoffs in my fam league. The battle for forth and final spot is a one game difference between my dad and my uncle. My uncle has IND guys stacked for week 15 (not on purpose) against Detroit, which we all know is a fantasy football gold mine. I face my dad this week and have no need to win. So my options are:

1) Play my worst players knowing I will lose to get a better matchup with the current 2-3 teams
2) Play my worst players hoping my uncle loses and my dad make it, ensuring everyone that week in playoffs has bad matchups.

Is that dirty? Anyone think it would be a bad idea?

November 25th, 2008, 10:24 am
Hall of Fame Player

November 25th, 2008, 11:46 am
Team MVP

I'm currently the #1 seed but would have a better matchup as the #3. However, I feel like losing on purpose would come back to get me in the playoffs, so I am going to do my best to win my last two games and hope my strong team holds up.

November 25th, 2008, 6:08 pm

Regardless as to whether you go with your gut or play by the numbers, just pick one thing and rock it till the end. Go strong and go with confidence. If you think you have a better shot tanking a game and re-seeding yourself, do it up, if you think it might come back and bite you in the azz, don't do it. Make sure you think it through from all angels before you pull the trigger, but screw any talk of "dirty" play. That's for losers to complain about after you win!

November 25th, 2008, 7:34 pm
RIP Killer

I'm gonna do it to it. I think my best bet is to take advantage of the fact that the other two teams shouldn't have big weeks. Accept for my team, things are pretty even so 2-5 place is pretty even team wise. I'll play my bad match ups and possible no starts this week(injury) and hope for the worst.

I just can't see going up against Manning, Harrison, and Gonzalez against Det with Cooley against Cin. Even is the rest of his team have just ok match ups, Det is going to get burned for big points.

I'm gonna hedge my bets against the other 3 possible teams. Besides, it would be nice to let my dad possibly make the playoffs.

November 25th, 2008, 9:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]