View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 1:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Matching FF Players to Opponents QB/WR/RB 
RIP Killer

Post Matching FF Players to Opponents QB/WR/RB
What does everyone think about this technique. I have used it a couple of times to my advantage and it worked out great. My thoughts go like this, real life example:

My opponent for week 1 playoffs has Brees as the starting QB. I have a list of WRs that I can start:

CJ
T Owens
Lee Evans
Antonio Bryant*
Davone Bess*
M Colston*

With match ups I would was to start the (*) players I think. But with Colston's on/off performance I wasn't sure. CJ won't have a QB and Owens has a BAD match up as well as Evans.

So it came down to NO having a fantastic match up and the possibility that I could benefit from the fact that Brees would be throwing hopefully some of his TD's and yards to Colston. Basically my thought process is that a 70 yard TD pass for a WR in my league gets me 13 points for a WR and only 8 points for a QB due to the yards. If Brees does bad, Colston does bad. But since the QB position is a huge position points wise it helps me out to have Brees fail. If Brees does well, then the hope is that I can take part in that celebration by having his #1 WR getting a lot of yards and TD's.

The bad part could be that Brees doesn't get the ball to Colston but does well anyways which is more unlikely than likely with the match ups in SF.

December 10th, 2008, 7:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]