View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 27th, 2014, 4:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Graphic Violence Keeper League 2009. Official Thread. 
Modmin Dude

Yep, I saw that this morning. During the game, I thought that they forgot to deduct the 2 points for McKelvin's fumble, so that's where my points went. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait until next week to score 400 points when I destroy BillySims yet again.

Am I the only one that hates this new waiver BS? On Tuesday morning, all available players should be free agents, but now, they are on waivers until Friday! I put in four claims, but have no idea whether I'm gonna get those guys or not. Besides, what's going to happen once the Thursday night games begin? You can't add replacement players if one of yours get injured? If we keep this waiver system, it has to be reduced to one or two days maximum. Personally, I hate it.

Aren't you an admin? Change it :wink:

September 15th, 2009, 11:39 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Wags, I seriously thought about doing that, but Billy started the league and made that change, so I'll defer to him. Unless he does it first, I'll definitely cut the waiver time down before the Thursday games begin though.

September 15th, 2009, 12:00 pm
Modmin Dude

Wags, I seriously thought about doing that, but Billy started the league and made that change, so I'll defer to him. Unless he does it first, I'll definitely cut the waiver time down before the Thursday games begin though.

Yeah, I know, I didn't think that you would without his input. I don't remember what it was like last year, but I didn't think it was this long. We'll see if he agrees with decreasing it.

Jsut thought of this, but can we put up a poll on the ESPN site seeing how everyone would feel about reducing the time???

September 15th, 2009, 12:04 pm

I started a poll, but Billy just logged on and deleted waivers. First one there gets to pick up all the good players. Don't say I didn't tell you.

September 15th, 2009, 12:58 pm
Modmin Dude

September 15th, 2009, 1:12 pm

Just start adding guys. That pending crap will go away at some point. Billy has been going hog wild with free agents, but I only added three since he got one of the guys I wanted.

September 15th, 2009, 1:17 pm
Veteran General Manager

Yep, I saw that this morning. During the game, I thought that they forgot to deduct the 2 points for McKelvin's fumble, so that's where my points went. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait until next week to score 400 points when I destroy BillySims yet again.

Am I the only one that hates this new waiver BS? On Tuesday morning, all available players should be free agents, but now, they are on waivers until Friday! I put in four claims, but have no idea whether I'm gonna get those guys or not. Besides, what's going to happen once the Thursday night games begin? You can't add replacement players if one of yours get injured? If we keep this waiver system, it has to be reduced to one or two days maximum. Personally, I hate it.

I also noticed another problem. I couldn't put in any waiver claims because I had an ineligible player on IR. Will Blackmon didn't play this week and there's no guarantee that he will play in week 2 since he is still questionable. I had to remove him from IR to complete any transactions. I agree with this in theory, but a player shouldn't become ineligible for IR until it's absolutely certain that he will play. If he's inactive again next week, I'll have to put him back on IR and pick up another CB an hour before kickoff. That's BS.

I have eliminated the Waivers. Something screwed up. Waivers were intended for dropped players and post draft players. NOT every player every week.

I hope I didn't grab any players you put in a claim for. :lol:

Sorry about the waiver mess everyone.

September 15th, 2009, 1:21 pm
Veteran General Manager

Just start adding guys. That pending crap will go away at some point. Billy has been going hog wild with free agents, but I only added three since he got one of the guys I wanted.

Sorry Sly. And I didn't go near as wild as I wanted. And I even took players that weren't top scorers in several pick ups. I didn't want to take advantage.

September 15th, 2009, 1:23 pm
Modmin Dude

I have eliminated the Waivers. Something screwed up. Waivers were intended for dropped players and post draft players. NOT every player every week.

I hope I didn't grab any players you put in a claim for. :lol:

Sorry about the waiver mess everyone.

No, but Sly did :evil:

:wink:

September 15th, 2009, 1:44 pm

No, but Sly did :evil:

:wink:

:lol:

September 17th, 2009, 9:16 am
Mr. Irrelevant

Well, once again I took out my revenge on Chazmaster for eliminating me from the playoffs a couple of years ago by beating him 401-267! I hit that magical 400 number once again and that just proves that my team is as strong as ever. All hail Tom Brady since I'm going to roll through this league yet again. :D

Not so fast my friend... I got a whopping 19 pts out of my WRs last week and still put up 352 pts... What do you think is going to happen when Johnson and Boldin start putting up their regular numbers and Breaston is returning punts again?

You're not running away with this one...

:arrow:

September 17th, 2009, 7:01 pm

Well, it's not as if all of my players did great either on my way to 399 points (got screwed out of 2 points overnight). Forte had 6, A. Bryant had 4, and CJ had 12. All three of them will get better numbers in the weeks ahead. Looking forward to our matchup in week 5.

September 18th, 2009, 10:24 am
Mr. Irrelevant

Well, it's not as if all of my players did great either on my way to 399 points (got screwed out of 2 points overnight). Forte had 6, A. Bryant had 4, and CJ had 12. All three of them will get better numbers in the weeks ahead. Looking forward to our matchup in week 5.

Unfortunately that week, almost my whole team is on bye including Brees... Not sure I could beat an average team let alone a strong team like the sluts... We'll save it for the playoffs...

September 18th, 2009, 11:34 am

I can't believe I'm about to lose to BillySims! This is sad and embarrassing at the same time. How does anyone lose to BillySims? I guess, as Tom Brady goes, so does the sluts. :cry:

September 20th, 2009, 6:51 pm

I may have overcome the odds and beat Billy 233-213. But, the overnight idiots have yet to come into play, so who knows? Regardless, I sucked this week and deserved to lose. Unfortunately for Billy, he sucked worse! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

September 21st, 2009, 12:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next