View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 1st, 2014, 9:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Defense! 
Post Defense!
I need a backup DST (the Bears are my primary, but have their bye in week 5). My choices are:

Colts, Packers, Panthers, Jaguars

Other notables:
Redskins, Cards, Chargers, and Broncos

Scoring is Defense starts out with 25 pnts and loses points from there for giving up points and yards. Gets 2 points for every sack, 3 points for every turnover, and I get 1 point for every 10 special team yard.

September 1st, 2009, 10:55 am
RIP Killer

To be honest, I never keep 2 D's... I just wait till the week before and pick the defense playing the suckiest offense up for a week. I don't a magic matchup from the list... but IND plays Seattle which IMO has the greatest chance of being as bad as they were last year, not that they couldn't break out.

FYI, Packers and Chargers both have that week off also.

September 1st, 2009, 11:09 am
To be honest, I never keep 2 D's... I just wait till the week before and pick the defense playing the suckiest offense up for a week. I don't a magic matchup from the list... but IND plays Seattle which IMO has the greatest chance of being as bad as they were last year, not that they couldn't break out.

FYI, Packers and Chargers both have that week off also.

I don't usually pick up my back up D (or back up kicker) until the week before either, but my bench has some really week players. I would be giving up Nate Washington, Ricky Williams or Tony Scheffler. My only good bench player is Eli Manning, but his brother is my starter...

September 1st, 2009, 11:12 am
RIP Killer

You do have a weak bench. How big is your league? I you just get the best D maybe you can ad some depth via a trade after week 5 to someone who didn't get such a good D and is in need.

September 1st, 2009, 11:14 am
You do have a weak bench. How big is your league? I you just get the best D maybe you can ad some depth via a trade after week 5 to someone who didn't get such a good D and is in need.

That's what I was thinking. It is a 12 team league.

I have:
Payton Manning
Larry Johnson
Willie Parker/Ricky Wiliams
Andre Johnson
T.O.
Nate Washington/Donnie Avery
Todd Heap/Tony Scheffler
Chicago DST
Rob Bironas K

September 1st, 2009, 11:24 am
RIP Killer

I'd drop Sheffler for the best D you think you can get that plays week 5. Scheffler won't get used much with Orton, he didn't use his TE much in CHI, IMO, I would drop Scheffler for IND.

September 1st, 2009, 12:13 pm
I'd drop Sheffler for the best D you think you can get that plays week 5. Scheffler won't get used much with Orton, he didn't use his TE much in CHI, IMO, I would drop Scheffler for IND.

I agree 100%. I had planned on Scheff being the odd man out. I kind of wanted the Packer's D (even though everyone says that their D is going to suck this year because they're switching schemes they still scored a poop of TD's last year, their ST is pretty good too, and they play this sucky team... the Lions... twice a year), but like you said, they're off week 5 too.

September 1st, 2009, 12:22 pm
RIP Killer

Yeah, bummer situation. But you did get the Bears D, so you should be happy.

September 1st, 2009, 12:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]