View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2014, 3:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Yahoo League Smack Talk 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I've got an interesting match-up with TNLionsFanatic this week. I'm up 158-133, but he has Michael Turner, Stephen Cooper, and Matt Prater yet to play, while I have Vincent Jackson. It's gonna be close, but I wouldn't be in this mess if New England didn't run up the score with Brady throwing 6 TDs. That was bullshit.

October 18th, 2009, 8:22 pm
RIP Killer

I don't know if you can call it running up the score... he scored 5 freaking TDs in the second quarter... not exactly the quarter you want to start throttling back and taking it easy. He got his 6th on the first drive in the 3rd quarter then was replaced by Hoyer.

It was a good ole fashioned BUTT WHOOPING... coulda easily been over 100 points had they kept going.

October 18th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Heisman Winner

I don't know if you can call it running up the score... he scored 5 freaking TDs in the second quarter... not exactly the quarter you want to start throttling back and taking it easy. He got his 6th on the first drive in the 3rd quarter then was replaced by Hoyer.

It was a good ole fashioned BUTT WHOOPING... coulda easily been over 100 points had they kept going.

When you are up by 52 and still playing your starters in any quarter you are running up the score. I don't normally do this but I was hoping for Brady to get hurt on that drive in the 3rd quarter.

October 19th, 2009, 8:04 am
RIP Killer

I think it is totally legit to go halfway into the third. What you did in 2 quarters can be replicated in the next two by the other team... record or not. They only played the starters 2.25 quarters, that is totally legit.

October 19th, 2009, 10:06 am

Good game, TNLionsFanatic. I pulled out a 171-165 win, but I was sweating in the 2nd half. Now, I'm all alone in first place with a 5-1 record. It feels good! :D

October 20th, 2009, 1:47 pm
RIP Killer

October 20th, 2009, 1:49 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

I got Sly this week, so time to make the Ho's purr.

Actually a good matchup too. Mcnabb vs Washington or Big Ben vs Minnesota. You probably have me with Moss against TB, but Deangelo Williams vs that weak Buffalo run defense might even it out. I think Vernon Davis vs Houston is a better matchup than Cooley vs NYG.

I honestly think it might be pretty close unless there's an injury or someone just has a huge game.

Either way, its time to continue the winning streak. Having 2 losses by less than 5pts combined sucks.

October 20th, 2009, 2:35 pm

Well Cooley has to have 37 with Mcnabb throwing up a blank or negative for Sly to pull it out. I told ya your ho's would purr to my meow ;)

October 26th, 2009, 9:59 am

Then again, they are a bunch of Hos, so what did you expect? :(

October 26th, 2009, 11:45 am

Your team hardly sucks. I had a huge game from Vernon Davis (gotta love Alex Smith). Moss basically was out of the game as soon as they were beating the bucs early. Maroney is a disappointment. Breaston did nothing last night. And Carolina is one of those teams this year that you have no idea what they're going to do.

Ok, enough trying to cheer ya up, you're right, you do suck :P

October 26th, 2009, 11:50 am

I'm gonna be sweating it out tonight. I've got a 23 point lead over LionsFan4Life, but he has Jeremy Shockey and Michael Jenkins yet to play. Once again, one of my players got injured early in the game (Eric Barton - 2 points) and I was an idiot to play Shonn Greene (-1 point) over Reggie Bush. Oh well. I hope it doesn't come back to bite me.

November 2nd, 2009, 10:15 am

I'm in the same boat. I'm up by 41, and he's got Roddy White, Tony Gonzalez and Pierre Thomas, to make up the difference, while i've got Curtis Lofton who usually ends up with a Solid 15-20. So as long as none of his go overboard with a huge night I should be ok, but I'll be sweating.

November 2nd, 2009, 11:10 am

I've never seen anything like this in all of my years playing fantasy football. I had a one point lead on the last play of the game. Ryan throws an interception to Sharper who is tackled by White. Somehow, they awarded the tackle to Jenkins, thus giving LionsFan4Life a one point victory. Since then, NFL.com changed the tackle to White, but will Yahoo fix it? I guess I'll find out in the morning, but I want Justice! :lol:

November 3rd, 2009, 1:49 am

Yeah i didn't have stat tracker on last night, but I thought the first down catch after the onsides is what had him up by 1, not the tackle. LOL they fixed it and you squeeked one out sly.

November 3rd, 2009, 10:40 am

Yea, I saw that this morning. The entire end of that game was bullshit though. Brees should have taken a knee, but they ran it and their center got hurt on the play. That kept Atlanta from using their final timeout. Now, the Saints can't take a knee, so they run the next play and they fumble. Atlanta recovered and gave themselves a chance. The game should have been over long before it was.

As for the final play, I clearly saw that Roddy White hit Sharper after he intercepted the ball and he went down. Jenkins didn't hit him until after he was already on the ground. I was like, "WTF?" when they awarded him the tackle. Thankfully, it has been fixed. That was too close for comfort. :D

November 3rd, 2009, 11:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next