View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 26th, 2014, 7:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 WTF - ESPN SUCKS 
RIP Killer

Post WTF - ESPN SUCKS
This is complete horsecrap!!!

I've got the Bears D
6 PA
2 INTs
3 FRs
1 INT RETURN FOR TD
1 BLK XP

Opponent's Bills D
31 PA
2 INTs
1 FR

Yet...I get 89 points, the opponent gets 108 points. WTF IS THAT CRAP??? ESPN SUCKS

November 2nd, 2009, 10:53 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I understand what you're saying, but it comes down to total tackles. The funny thing is that a solo tackle counts as one point, while a solo with an assist counts as two. A bad defense that stays out on the field most of the day ends up accumulating a ton of points because of it.

I looked into your situation and found that the Bills had 96 total tackles, while the Bears only had 45. I also went through all the other categories I could find and came up with a score of Bills 88, Bears 74. That doesn't include passes defensed (which I couldn't find), but I doubt that would account for 20 extra points for the Bills and 15 extra points for the Bears. Something looks screwed up, but not as badly as you originally thought.

Keep in mind that ESPN adjusts the scores again later in the week (Thursday night I think), so things could change. I hope this helped to explain it.

November 2nd, 2009, 11:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]