View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 21st, 2014, 2:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Early offseason decisions for a keeper league 
QB Coach

Post Early offseason decisions for a keeper league
Since I was knocked out of the playoffs in a keeper league I wanted to get the ball rolling early on keeper selections. It's a 10-team league and we keep 6 players. The only rule with keepers is that one must be a rookie from the previous season that has been on your roster all year. That leaves me with one selection, Louis Delmas. I want advice on filling the other 5 slots.

We start 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1WR/RB flex, 1K, 2DL 2DB and one any D player slot with a 7 player bench. We have a 3 round rookie only draft every year so we end up with 9 slots filled before the regular draft, and I'll be drafting 6th in both drafts.

My team:
QBS: Joe Flacco, Big Ben, Cutler

RBS: Turner, DeAngelo Williams, Ronnie Brown, Darren Sproles, Snelling, Michael Bush

WRs: Calvin Johnson, Roddy White, Driver, Ward

TE: Boss

D players aren't really kept so I won't get into that. Since we start 2 QBs I'm leaning toward keeping two of them, 2 RBs and a WR along with Delmas. Thoughts?

January 1st, 2010, 5:19 pm
Afghan Allstar

For the QB's I'd definitely keep Flacco and Big Ben. Cutler has never been able to keep his Int's down.

RB's: You have to keep Turner. Sproles would be a good 2nd option. He's going to get a lot of carries behind LT and is a very good receiving threat. And he plays in a high powered offense.

WR's: You have to keep CJ. Stafford is going into his second year so he should be much more comfortable. White and Ward are also good options, but I'd give the edge to CJ.

January 2nd, 2010, 12:19 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I'd have to know your settings before I could make an informed decision. Do you get PPR? 4 pts or 6 pts for TD passes? How many yards passing per 1 point? Those would all factor into it.

Out of your QBs, I only really like Roethlisberger, so he's a keeper. Depending upon your settings, Flacco, Cutler, or an equal QB could be available with your 1st round pick. I just don't know.

As for the others, Turner and CJ are no-brainers. I'd also be tempted to keep two of Williams, Brown, and White. I have no idea where Sproles will be playing next year, while Driver and Ward are getting up there in age and could begin their decline next year. You just never know when it will happen with the older players, so I consider them a risk.

January 2nd, 2010, 1:45 pm
QB Coach

Ah, I knew I'd forgotten something. We do get PPR and all TDs are 6 points. We get a point for every 50 yards passing and for every 20 yards rushing/receiving. An odd stat thing we get a half point per completion and lose a half point for an incompletion. INTs are minus 2 but we don't lose points for sacks.

Last year I kept White, CJ, Big Ben, Turner and DWill. (Darren McFadden was my rookie keeper)

QBs go off the board quickly which is why I'm leaning toward keeping Flacco along with Big Ben. Then along with those two I would keep Turner, CJ and either Brown or Williams.

January 2nd, 2010, 3:22 pm

Damn. Because of the completion thing, I guess you have to keep another QB, so I'd go with Flacco. That means Big Ben, Flacco, CJ, and Turner are definites, but it's a tossup between Williams, Brown, and White for me.

January 2nd, 2010, 6:33 pm
QB Coach

Revisiting this now because I have to submit keepers now. Because of the Big Ben fiasco should I keep him off my keeper list?

April 1st, 2010, 6:18 pm

I'd keep him since this thing could drag out in court for atleast a year, if there isn't a settlement before then.

April 1st, 2010, 6:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]