View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 21st, 2014, 6:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Advice Needed 
Varsity Captain

Post Advice Needed
First of all, it has been a long time since I last posted. It is good to see this forum is still going strong.

Now on to the advice, I am in the championship game of my twelve team league later today and am having trouble deciding on my flex spot and last rb spot, here are the players I have to choose from.
Brandon Jackson GB, Jon Stewart Car, M. Morris Det, Steve Johnson Buf, Anquan Boldin Bal, and Johny Knox Chi. I am leaning towards Stewart in the rb slot and Johnson in flex, any advice would be appreciated.

Oh also I am undecided on my def. Baltimore or our detroit lions?

January 2nd, 2011, 1:03 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post Re: Advice Needed
Welcome back. I'd go with Johnson in the flex spot for sure. But I've got a better idea for you at RB. Pick up Joe McKnight right now. The Jets are sitting LT and Greene, so McKnight will get all the carries against the worst run defense in the league. I just did that myself and sat Forte since I think the Bears will rest most of their starters. As for your defense, I'd go with the Ravens. Good luck.

January 2nd, 2011, 1:47 pm
Varsity Captain

Thanks for the tips Sly. Mcknight helped me win my league for the second straight year, he didnt score but my league awards bonus points for 100 yard games. Hope he helped you out and thanks again for the tip.

January 4th, 2011, 6:28 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

instead of startin a new thread I figured I'd revive this one. Now I know many of us are in leagues that have yet to draft so I undersatnd anyones reluctance to answer but I was curious on everyones take on a specific Qb this year. Last year Vick was a points MONSTER. If he can match that there is no doubt that he is worth a first round pick. but...how early in the first round would YOU take him. A friend of mine who's not all that bad in FF thinks he might even be worth a number one. I can certainly see his argument but a QB going #1?

I was curious ablout what other were thinking. Personally if I end up going #1 Ill stick to the old routine of a monster RB...but im curious about others thoughts.

August 11th, 2011, 7:09 pm
Veteran General Manager

regularjoe12 wrote:
instead of startin a new thread I figured I'd revive this one. Now I know many of us are in leagues that have yet to draft so I undersatnd anyones reluctance to answer but I was curious on everyones take on a specific Qb this year. Last year Vick was a points MONSTER. If he can match that there is no doubt that he is worth a first round pick. but...how early in the first round would YOU take him. A friend of mine who's not all that bad in FF thinks he might even be worth a number one. I can certainly see his argument but a QB going #1?

I was curious ablout what other were thinking. Personally if I end up going #1 Ill stick to the old routine of a monster RB...but im curious about others thoughts.

I would not pick him over P.Manning or T. Brady. But, I would pick him ahead of any RB.

August 11th, 2011, 10:20 pm
QB Coach

BillySims wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

I would not pick him over P.Manning or T. Brady. But, I would pick him ahead of any RB.

Really? Vick was better than either Manning or Brady last year. Using ESPN's standard scoring, the QB point totals for last year were:

1. Vick: 300
2. Rodgers: 292
3. Brady: 289
4. Manning: 279
5. Rivers: 274

Every projection I've seen for this year has Manning going down a bit this year with his injuries, and Brady staying about the same or possibly a bit better.

Personally, I wouldn't take Vick in the first round because there are lots of fantasy QBs who are similar to his point totals. But there are not that many RBs or WRs with point totals equal to the top guys. As always though, it depends on the scoring setup. If it really favors QBs, it might be worth it. The other issue is that Vick is always an injury concern. He didn't play every game last year and I'm not very confident that he'll be able to this year either.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

August 13th, 2011, 2:28 pm
Veteran General Manager

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
BillySims wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

Really? Vick was better than either Manning or Brady last year. Using ESPN's standard scoring, the QB point totals for last year were:

1. Vick: 300
2. Rodgers: 292
3. Brady: 289
4. Manning: 279
5. Rivers: 274

Every projection I've seen for this year has Manning going down a bit this year with his injuries, and Brady staying about the same or possibly a bit better.

Personally, I wouldn't take Vick in the first round because there are lots of fantasy QBs who are similar to his point totals. But there are not that many RBs or WRs with point totals equal to the top guys. As always though, it depends on the scoring setup. If it really favors QBs, it might be worth it. The other issue is that Vick is always an injury concern. He didn't play every game last year and I'm not very confident that he'll be able to this year either.

Every analyst can predict all they want. track record is pretty darned important also.

August 13th, 2011, 5:58 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I'm not a fan of taking a QB in the 1st round, but you should always try to get one no later than the 3rd IMO. I suppose if you were picking 11th or 12th, you could snag a QB, then get a good RB or elite WR with your early 2nd rounder, but I wouldn't pick one before that.

August 15th, 2011, 2:10 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

slybri19 wrote:
I'm not a fan of taking a QB in the 1st round, but you should always try to get one no later than the 3rd IMO. I suppose if you were picking 11th or 12th, you could snag a QB, then get a good RB or elite WR with your early 2nd rounder, but I wouldn't pick one before that.

thats me right there. there is always a romo calibur guy in the 3rd...taking him in the first???? rumor even has it he'll go #1 in my other league.....CRAZY!

August 16th, 2011, 1:05 pm
Heisman Winner

Didn't want to start a new thread for a FF question so I'll just add to this thread.

Who should I start in my flex position Choice, Pettigrew or Pierre Thomas? 1/2 a point per reception league 1 point per 10 yards receiving or rushing 6 for all TDs.

October 23rd, 2011, 12:11 pm
Veteran General Manager

In my NFL.com league, I have Matt Hasselbeck and Andy Dalton as my QB's.

They play each other this weekend. Who do I start. I am fairly confident that Cinci will win the game. But, I'm not certain that Dalton will have more fantasy points than Hasselbeck.

November 4th, 2011, 9:07 pm
QB Coach

Ok, try this one on for size:

In one of my fantasy leagues, I have been offered Vincent Jackson and Andy Dalton for CJ. The league starting lineups are QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, D, K, and a flex QB/WR/RB/TE/K (any offensive player). Currently, I only have 1 QB on my roster, so Dalton would be a huge upgrade for my flex position. But, Jackson is definitely a downgrade from CJ. I'm thinking about accepting the deal. I think overall it is probably an upgrade for me team. Thoughts?

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

November 8th, 2011, 2:34 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Touchdown Jesus wrote:

In one of my fantasy leagues, I have been offered Vincent Jackson and Andy Dalton for CJ. The league starting lineups are QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, D, K, and a flex QB/WR/RB/TE/K (any offensive player). Currently, I only have 1 QB on my roster, so Dalton would be a huge upgrade for my flex position. But, Jackson is definitely a downgrade from CJ. I'm thinking about accepting the deal. I think overall it is probably an upgrade for me team. Thoughts?

I'd say no. CJ is a scoring machine and he's been getting good yardage. Also lots of receptions if you're PPR.

November 9th, 2011, 9:10 pm
QB Coach

Footsoldier32 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:

I'd say no. CJ is a scoring machine and he's been getting good yardage. Also lots of receptions if you're PPR.

I ended up turning it down. CJ is so consistent and puts up good numbers. Plus I was able to make a different trade for Cutler. So now I have 2 QBs and I'm all good. Now I'm hoping that Cutler puts up huge numbers but the Lions still beat the Bears this weekend. Funny how fantasy skews our view of the game....

November 9th, 2011, 9:45 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Footsoldier32 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:

I ended up turning it down. CJ is so consistent and puts up good numbers. Plus I was able to make a different trade for Cutler. So now I have 2 QBs and I'm all good. Now I'm hoping that Cutler puts up huge numbers but the Lions still beat the Bears this weekend. Funny how fantasy skews our view of the game....

Yeah, for sure lol. I'd take a Lions win over a fantasy win any and every day though. God help your fantasy team but I hope our Lions beat Cutler to death's door this sunday.

November 10th, 2011, 1:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next