View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 15th, 2014, 8:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 2011 Lionbacker Yahoo Fantasy Football League 
RIP Killer

Post Re: 2011 Lionbacker Yahoo Fantasy Football League
The end game is always the most points for your team, not individual roster spots. That is what most people forget. A combination of RB/QB total tells me the vaule of the trade in question, that is the real tell of a trade. Will Ryan and his next RB replacement net more than CJ and McNabb? If yes then the trade is positive for him. In this case the case can be made that he will add a RB/WR with the combination of a wolid QB and see his team total score increase.

That is all that really matters.

September 8th, 2011, 3:28 pm
RIP Killer

Now that Manning has officially had surgery... I'm hoping the sillyness that he is out a few weeks only goes away...

September 8th, 2011, 4:14 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

The surgery means nothing. Like I said, Peyton healthy isn't worth CJ in a straight up trade. He's definitely worth more than Ryan.

September 8th, 2011, 5:57 pm
QB Coach

njroar wrote:
The surgery means nothing. Like I said, Peyton healthy isn't worth CJ in a straight up trade. He's definitely worth more than Ryan.

I have no skin in this game, but I don't understand how you can say the surgery means nothing. If he's out for the year, or most of it, it has to make a difference. Now one team has no starting QB and needs one. That's a desperate situation, and that's how deals get done.

If you really want to make a more fair trade, why don't you propose a more fair trade yourself? I bet he's got some players you'd like. Try to trade for them with you backup QB.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

September 8th, 2011, 6:14 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

I just don't get the comments about "two owners agreed" bs. In that case, I don't want to see any bitching when someone's out of it for the season and then agrees with someone else to dump all his best players. CJ is a top 2 pick. Ryan is a 5th round pick. 1 for 1 can't happen. Add to it, that's all I'm saying.

September 8th, 2011, 6:26 pm
RIP Killer

But the point is he accepted mine and there is no glaring issue with the trade. Voting down a trade so that you have a shot at getting the player is foul play in FF. I honestly liked it better when Sly just killed the clear player trading trade and left the good/bad trade decisions to the two team owners.

Again, if we wanted to coddle everyone make everything fair we should just all run all teams as a consensus and agree to everything. He is deficient at QB, he needs one, and the trade is for a good QB for a really good RB. That is neither way off base or crazy to intervene. I've been part of trades that dwarf anything you guys claim here about this trade in the Lionbacker league.

This is NOT someone dumping a player njroar, that is what the check is for. Not whether or not you would make the trade or not. For me to give him more means he has to dumb or get rid of someone. I could throw in someone just to make it "fair" but what is the point if he doesn't want that person anyways? Not every trade is perfect 1 for 1, sometimes need increases the worth of the other player which is EXACTLY the case now. Happens everyday in the NFL and that level should be reflected in FF. The NFL isn't dropping CJ to help another team, they are getting players if there is a need and overpaying sometimes to make the TEAM better. Why wouldn't we use the smae logic here?

Is it fair when the Lions trade a 5th round pick and a practice squad guy for a starting OG? Did the other NFL teams whine about it? Trades are not to be evaluated player for player, they need to be evaluated as situation vs situation because context matters to determine whether someone is dumping or not.

September 8th, 2011, 6:43 pm
Modmin Dude

All of this over fantasy football??? :confused:
/carryon

September 8th, 2011, 7:40 pm
RIP Killer

I'm doing training... I have to put my mind on something else...

September 8th, 2011, 7:41 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Training? You mean being force fed deceitful propaganda bullshit about the awesomeness of wind power? I guess I would have to put my mind on something else too. :lol:

As for the trade, I think most people (including myself) have an issue with it due to the timing. Clearly, a 1st round pick is not worth a 5th round pick straight up before the regular season even begins. However, if this trade was made in week 10 when Ryan had 180 points and Johnson had 150 points, I don't think anyone would say a word.

With that said, I'm waiting for the opening kickoff in less than 30 minutes so I can do to steensn in our matchup what his beloved wind turbines do to the harmless golden eagles. There's gonna be blood and guts everywhere and it ain't gonna be pretty! :twisted:

September 8th, 2011, 8:10 pm

To possibly resolve this conflict, I just sent LionFan4Life a "fair" trade offer - Joe Flacco and Sydney Rice for Jeremy Maclin. Let's see if he accepts it.

September 9th, 2011, 1:13 am
RIP Killer

That is resolving... that is poaching.

September 9th, 2011, 10:14 am

Obviously, the trade went through. In spite of the complaints in this thread, I only received 1 "official" protest, so I let it take place after the two day waiting period. Oh well. It still didn't help steensn since I beat him by 31 points anyways. :D

September 13th, 2011, 11:35 am
RIP Killer

HAHA, he got me less points than the guy I would have started ;)

Long term, I think it is a fine move.

September 13th, 2011, 12:04 pm

I know he will, but try that stunt again when I use points as a basis for what's fair or not, and see how quickly I veto it. :D

September 13th, 2011, 5:45 pm
RIP Killer

Use points... Ryan gets more points than him any season. Fair trade...

September 14th, 2011, 9:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next