View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 5:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Calvin Johnson 
Team MVP

Post Calvin Johnson
We were kinda discussing Calvin on the "Jungle" board, but thought this board was more appropriate from a fantasy football standpoint. Whats everyones thoughts on him this year? I have the #7 pick on a 10 team league this year and am in perfect position to take Andre, but am scared as heck to miss out on Calvin in RD2. I understand that at 7 there could be a top RB, but between AJ and CJ, whats your thoughts. I just have a feeling Calvin is gonna top him in fantasy numbers this year (again).

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

August 5th, 2011, 4:55 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Calvin Johnson
kdsberman wrote:
We were kinda discussing Calvin on the "Jungle" board, but thought this board was more appropriate from a fantasy football standpoint. Whats everyones thoughts on him this year? I have the #7 pick on a 10 team league this year and am in perfect position to take Andre, but am scared as heck to miss out on Calvin in RD2. I understand that at 7 there could be a top RB, but between AJ and CJ, whats your thoughts. I just have a feeling Calvin is gonna top him in fantasy numbers this year (again).

Why scared? I view FF just like the real NFL draft - it is all about value. AJ at 7 is about right, while CJ would be a the right value for you at pick 14 in round 2. I wouldn't take Calvin personally at pick #7, that would be a homer pick for sure as he isn't a FF first round talent as of yet.

I actually try to devalue Lions players on my boards since in most of the league I play there are a lot of fans. It is pretty rare that I have a Lion on my team. Works out, cause I'm going to want them to do well anyways.

August 5th, 2011, 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

how many teams in the league? if there are 10 then in rd 2 you probabaly COULD pick CJ up with the 3rd pick of rd 2 BUUT thats going to leave you really short on top notch RBs. yer gonna hafta get lucky to land a good one outside of the 3rd round. if yer not in a PPR league I would advise against that road. if the league is PPR..shoot...go for it and pray you hit on a a sleeper or rookie! I load up of great WR's in PPR as they can be a much higher point total than 75% of yer average RB's.

EDIT: I stand by what I said in the Jungle though..AJ before CJ EVERY TIME! the guy just catches more balls! In a ppr thats huge.

August 5th, 2011, 5:36 pm
Team MVP

So if its ok to take AJ at 7, why isnt it ok to take CJ at 7 if I feel he will have better numbers, and he DID last year. I understand your points though, not trying to argue.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

August 5th, 2011, 5:39 pm
RIP Killer

kdsberman wrote:
So if its ok to take AJ at 7, why isnt it ok to take CJ at 7 if I feel he will have better numbers, and he DID last year. I understand your points though, not trying to argue.

Because part of the reason he feels this way is because he is a Lions homer. It also comes down to value, the value of CJ isn't there at pick #7.

August 5th, 2011, 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Its perceived value, you don't a draft a guy where you think he lines deserves... you draft him the latest you can get him based on others value.

August 5th, 2011, 5:49 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

and dont forget AJ was hurt ast year...didnt play in like 3 games give or take...so add those games in and what would the numbers looks like? And while i agree that CJ's #'s might be better this year. do you REALLY wanna gamble on yer first round pick?? I dont.

August 5th, 2011, 5:51 pm
RIP Killer

Think of it this way, you could take CJ in the first round - then you are looking at having CJ and say Darren McFadden.

I'd rather have CJ paired with Ray Rice, Michael Turner or MJD (or even AJ) than a #2 RB you would get in round 2.

August 5th, 2011, 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
Team MVP

Pablo wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

Because part of the reason he feels this way is because he is a Lions homer. It also comes down to value, the value of CJ isn't there at pick #7.

I'm a football fan first, lions fan second..Thanks

August 5th, 2011, 6:33 pm
Team MVP

...I took Andre by the way. (I knew it I should have taken CJ!)

October 4th, 2011, 10:06 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

I'm in a PPR league with only 8 teams. I took Calvin at No. 7. . . lol. Then I got Roddy White in my 2nd round. I'mn't too upset about that turnout so far.

October 4th, 2011, 11:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]