View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 5:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 A few fantasy football questions 
Team MVP

Post Re: A few fantasy football questions
aManNamedSuh wrote:
The Legend wrote:
aManNamedSuh wrote:
Not that it really matters all that much but I feel slightly different than Legend, I hate the Green pick, the Jets seem to be setting up for a let down season and I feel like Kenny Britt will end up being your number 1 WR when it's all send and done (if he can stay healthy this year.)

Shotty, your buddy that has both AP and Foster looks good, but AP has so many question marks around him after his major injury last year. One thing I've learned from playing fantasy football, nothing is a lock no matter how you feel about your picks coming out of the draft. I'd start looking the waiver wire early in the season for any player that looks like he might emerge. I usually find 1 or 2 players on waivers that I end up starting the remainder of the season.

Shonn Greene = RB NY Jets
AJ Green = WR Cincinnatti Bengals

You dont like the AJ Green pick?

Doh, Didn't even occur to me you were talking about AJ until right now. Right on.

I am VERY high on AJ Green this year and think he might end up being a top 5 WR if not higher.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

August 24th, 2012, 7:31 pm
Varsity Captain

kdsberman wrote:
I am VERY high on AJ Green this year and think he might end up being a top 5 WR if not higher.

Interesting. I'm going to guess top 5 WRs now so that I can look back on it and laugh at myself:

Calvin Johnson
Victor Cruz
Wes Welker
Jordy Nelson
Marques Colston

Then I see players likw Bowe, Julio Jones, Mike Wallace (if he wants to), Roddy White, Steve Smith, Brandon Marshall, that have the ability to do better than AJ Green.

But looking at all these guys, it's not far-fetched for AJ to make top 5. How about that.

August 25th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Butkus Award Winner

Guys, when drafting, I had no idea that you needed only 1 TE every week, and I got 3. The worst part is that one of them was Jimmy Graham. I have no idea how to trade any of them. I was thinking Pettigrew and Steven Jackson paired for a top 5-7 RB? If not this, please let me know what you think I should try doing.

Also trying to improve my bench and POSSIBLY get a huge steal. Someone said he wanted Kenny Britt, so I offered him this:

Kenny Britt, Shonn Greene, and Nate Burleson for Dwayne Bowe, Ray Rice, and Danny Amendola.

The reason why is because it says Amendola had a very weak season, but in reality he looked pretty good before his injury that put him on IR and he will start this year since Brandon Lloyd left. Also, it shows that Nate is going to put up some good numbers this year even though he will likely lose his #2 spot to Titus by Week 3, if not when the season starts.

If he accepts this I'm in business.

August 25th, 2012, 12:31 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Shotty wrote:
Guys, when drafting, I had no idea that you needed only 1 TE every week, and I got 3. The worst part is that one of them was Jimmy Graham. I have no idea how to trade any of them. I was thinking Pettigrew and Steven Jackson paired for a top 5-7 RB? If not this, please let me know what you think I should try doing.

Also trying to improve my bench and POSSIBLY get a huge steal. Someone said he wanted Kenny Britt, so I offered him this:

Kenny Britt, Shonn Greene, and Nate Burleson for Dwayne Bowe, Ray Rice, and Danny Amendola.

The reason why is because it says Amendola had a very weak season, but in reality he looked pretty good before his injury that put him on IR and he will start this year since Brandon Lloyd left. Also, it shows that Nate is going to put up some good numbers this year even though he will likely lose his #2 spot to Titus by Week 3, if not when the season starts.

If he accepts this I'm in business.

thorw a comment ion your league board that you have TE's for trade. see what people offer you. COUNTER offer whatever they offer! lol

You better get somethign good for pett and Jackson. if you bundle them

August 25th, 2012, 12:43 pm
Team MVP

49ers wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

Interesting. I'm going to guess top 5 WRs now so that I can look back on it and laugh at myself:

Calvin Johnson
Victor Cruz
Wes Welker
Jordy Nelson
Marques Colston

Then I see players likw Bowe, Julio Jones, Mike Wallace (if he wants to), Roddy White, Steve Smith, Brandon Marshall, that have the ability to do better than AJ Green.

But looking at all these guys, it's not far-fetched for AJ to make top 5. How about that.

I cant tell with your post if you are "snickering" at my projection, or not. But if not, I can see where your projections could turn to reality.

However, I dont see Cruz as a Top 5. He should be good, but seeing as how a lot of his yards and TDs came from unprobable tackle breaking and acrobatic catches, I have a hard time seeing that be repeated. Maybe im wrong.

I do see Jordy Nelson having another solid year though, maybe not 15TD solid, but solid. I believe he scored a TD in every home game last year. With or without Jennings, he is still targeted frequently and is a solid deep threat. Oh, and the Packers kinda like to throw the ball too.

But again, I can really see Green being a Top 5 WR at the end of the year. As long as Gresham can stay healthy and the running game can keep defenses honest.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

August 25th, 2012, 1:22 pm
Varsity Captain

Shotty wrote:

I'd keep Pettigrew, and trade Graham. Graham is a first-round talent, and you need a better RB asap. Greene and Jackson? I wouldn't be shocked if one was injured, and the other lost his starting job after some time. Shop around for a first or second round RB, or a 1st-3rd round WR. I don't love Britt at all, he's suspended some, and experts are predicting that Nate Washington will have a better year. The rest of your WRs are weak. People usually have extra WRs to spare, and they will gladly trade a top WR for a top TE like Graham, and move their extra WR off their bench and into their own lineup, thus making both teams better. You'd be lucky to get a top RB imo.

Everyone's first few fantasy teams are crap, so don't sweat it.

August 25th, 2012, 3:54 pm
Varsity Captain

kdsberman wrote:
I cant tell with your post if you are "snickering" at my projection, or not. But if not, I can see where your projections could turn to reality.

However, I dont see Cruz as a Top 5. He should be good, but seeing as how a lot of his yards and TDs came from unprobable tackle breaking and acrobatic catches, I have a hard time seeing that be repeated. Maybe im wrong.

I do see Jordy Nelson having another solid year though, maybe not 15TD solid, but solid. I believe he scored a TD in every home game last year. With or without Jennings, he is still targeted frequently and is a solid deep threat. Oh, and the Packers kinda like to throw the ball too.

But again, I can really see Green being a Top 5 WR at the end of the year. As long as Gresham can stay healthy and the running game can keep defenses honest.

Bro I'm not snickering. At first I didn't see top 5 potential, but then I looked at it and now I see it. I don't think it's likely, but it's definitely possible.

I agree 100% with Nelson. I'm totally guessing based on what the Packers coaches said.

I love Cruz. I've always loved him, even from his pre-season explosion 2-3 years ago. He runs his routes crisper than any WR in the game imo. The dude has great hands, and explosive speed. If I can draft him in the 2nd round, I will be ecstatic. We'll have to agree to disagree there, but I think Cruz could rival the stats of Calvin by the end of the year (*ducks for cover*). I think Calvin #1, and Cruz #2 by 150 yards or so.

August 25th, 2012, 3:57 pm
Varsity Captain

Sleeper WR Jordon Shipley!

August 26th, 2012, 4:48 pm
Butkus Award Winner

49ers wrote:
Shotty wrote:

I'd keep Pettigrew, and trade Graham. Graham is a first-round talent, and you need a better RB asap. Greene and Jackson? I wouldn't be shocked if one was injured, and the other lost his starting job after some time. Shop around for a first or second round RB, or a 1st-3rd round WR. I don't love Britt at all, he's suspended some, and experts are predicting that Nate Washington will have a better year. The rest of your WRs are weak. People usually have extra WRs to spare, and they will gladly trade a top WR for a top TE like Graham, and move their extra WR off their bench and into their own lineup, thus making both teams better. You'd be lucky to get a top RB imo.

Everyone's first few fantasy teams are crap, so don't sweat it.

I mean damn. I could've got Fred Jackson instead of BP and would've done it in a heartbeat if I knew you only put in 1 TE...

I just offered a trade that is very likable for both of us. How good would this team be if he accepted?

QB: Matthew Stafford
TE: Brandon Pettigrew/Greg Olson
WR: AJ Green
WR: Roddy White
WR: Malcom Floyd
RB: Steven Jackson
RB: Fred Jackson
K: Robbie Gould
D/ST: Buffalo

Bench

QB: Joe Flacco
WR: Sidney Rice
WR: Nate Burleson
RB: Mikel Leshoure
RB: Felix Jones
TE: Brandon Pettigrew/Greg Olson
D/ST: Jacksonville

August 26th, 2012, 5:51 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Who will be better this year? WR Greg Little, Cleveland or WR Miles Austin, Dallas?

August 27th, 2012, 12:08 pm

BillySims wrote:
Who will be better this year? WR Greg Little, Cleveland or WR Miles Austin, Dallas?

not sure what I can do is,

I can PROMISE you M. Vick will be better than T. Young

I have no idea how you see that as a good trade...no idea whatsoever lol

August 27th, 2012, 12:09 pm
Hall of Fame Player

regularjoe12 wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Michael Vick doesn't play all 16. His style leads to him getting injured.
Ben Roethlisberger, on the other hand, is bound to get less passing yards this year because his OC is determined to run the ball more.

I already picked up Bradford because I expect him have a bounce back year. But, he didn't look very good this week. LOL. He gets to go against our secondary next.

And there are a few other QB's that are still available as FA's that I am interested in.

I needed to strengthen my RB and WR situation. Mission Accomplished.

If anyone wants Ben Roethlisberger, he is still available for a better RB than Roy Helu.

August 27th, 2012, 12:34 pm

BillySims wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Michael Vick doesn't play all 16. His style leads to him getting injured.
Ben Roethlisberger, on the other hand, is bound to get less passing yards this year because his OC is determined to run the ball more.

I already picked up Bradford because I expect him have a bounce back year. But, he didn't look very good this week. LOL. He gets to go against our secondary next.

And there are a few other QB's that are still available as FA's that I am interested in.

I needed to strengthen my RB and WR situation. Mission Accomplished.

If anyone wants Ben Roethlisberger, he is still available for a better RB than Roy Helu.

Il agree tha Vick will probably get hurt and miss some games...but his potential is 45 points a game he DOES play when healthy...Young will NEVER get you that....

don't get me wrong i see why you want to make a trade, and have no intentions on blocking it...I just dont have a clue why you didnt try to get more for Vick.....Young is a question mark and Greene is garbage IMO

August 27th, 2012, 12:37 pm
Varsity 1st Team

Shotty wrote:

Second question is, does Lionbacker have any leagues that will be started soon? If so, are they paid? I'd definitely like to do one with my fellow Lions fans.

See graphic violence II thread on ESPN. We need 3 more teams and it free, PM me if you want in.

August 27th, 2012, 2:38 pm
Butkus Award Winner

K-Mart wrote:
Shotty wrote:

Second question is, does Lionbacker have any leagues that will be started soon? If so, are they paid? I'd definitely like to do one with my fellow Lions fans.

See graphic violence II thread on ESPN. We need 3 more teams and it free, PM me if you want in.

PMed

August 27th, 2012, 3:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next