View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2014, 4:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 A few fantasy football questions 
Butkus Award Winner

Post A few fantasy football questions
I'm playing fantasy football for the first time, and in a league where you pay $20, and the prizes are 1st place: $100, 2nd place: 60, 3rd place: $20, so I'm at least trying to get my money back if I don't win it all, lol.

I just wanted to know how you thought my team looked. I tried picking with Mayhew's BPA strategy, as well as factoring in injuries and for WRs/TEs/RBs I picked by going over if they would produce less because of another good receiver on the team (picked Graham over Gronkowski since the Pats also have Hernandez, Shancho, Jake Ballard and a bunch of WRs, Gronk will be targeted a bit less) and another example is picking AJ Green over Roddy White since AJ is the only good receiver on the Bengals and Roddy has to split with Julio.

QB: Matthew Stafford
TE: Jimmy Graham
TE: Brandon Pettigrew
WR: AJ Green
WR: Kenny Britt
RB: Steven Jackson
RB: Shonn Greene
K: Robbie Gould
D/ST: Buffalo

Bench

QB: Joe Flacco
WR: Sidney Rice
WR: Nate Burleson
RB: Mikel Leshoure
RB: Felix Jones
TE: Greg Olson
D/ST: Jacksonville

Second question is, does Lionbacker have any leagues that will be started soon? If so, are they paid? I'd definitely like to do one with my fellow Lions fans.

August 23rd, 2012, 1:50 am
Team MVP

Post Re: A few fantasy football questions
Obviously, Stafford should be a good pick. I LOVE aj green this year and think he could be a top 5 guy at his position. Jimmy Graham is good and Britt CAN be good. I think if Shonn Green is gonna have a good year it will be this year, considering the Jets are going backt to their ground and pound offense. Steven Jackson should be good like always, as long as he stays healthy. Plus Jeff Fisher loves to run the ball.

For your first time playing especially, I'd give your team a solid B.

We actually JUST drafted for the Lionbacker League. Maybe another one comes up?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

August 23rd, 2012, 5:16 am
Heisman Winner

I like you QB, WR and TE positions, but you RBs lack and by a great deal. That said, you're season will really depend on how your scoring system is setup. Typically you have to have RBs to do well in FF...typcially.

August 23rd, 2012, 8:41 am
Butkus Award Winner

aManNamedSuh wrote:
I like you QB, WR and TE positions, but you RBs lack and by a great deal. That said, you're season will really depend on how your scoring system is setup. Typically you have to have RBs to do well in FF...typcially.

Fred Jackson was on the board, but I remembered he was coming off an injury and CJ Spiller will get lots of carries. Regretting it now after all this talk of needing RBs! There's a guy in the league with Arian Foster and Adrian Peterson... is he basically a lock?

August 23rd, 2012, 12:00 pm
Butkus Award Winner

kdsberman wrote:
Obviously, Stafford should be a good pick. I LOVE aj green this year and think he could be a top 5 guy at his position. Jimmy Graham is good and Britt CAN be good. I think if Shonn Green is gonna have a good year it will be this year, considering the Jets are going backt to their ground and pound offense. Steven Jackson should be good like always, as long as he stays healthy. Plus Jeff Fisher loves to run the ball.

For your first time playing especially, I'd give your team a solid B.

We actually JUST drafted for the Lionbacker League. Maybe another one comes up?

Thanks. I'll be looking out for it.

August 23rd, 2012, 12:02 pm
League MVP

Shotty wrote:
QB: Matthew Stafford
TE: Jimmy Graham
TE: Brandon Pettigrew
WR: AJ Green
WR: Kenny Britt
RB: Steven Jackson
RB: Shonn Greene
K: Robbie Gould
D/ST: Buffalo
Bench
QB: Joe Flacco
WR: Sidney Rice
WR: Nate Burleson
RB: Mikel Leshoure
RB: Felix Jones
TE: Greg Olson
D/ST: Jacksonville

u have a great base with Stafford/Graham/Pettigrew and Green. i think you need to find someone better than Kenny Britt and need to get a better runner than Shonn Greene. Usually good WR will emerge and can be found off waivers so you will need to be active. As for the RB situation usually some of the top runners go down and backups thrusted into bigger roles bc of injury can be valuable additions. If I were you I would shop AJ Green around and see if he could net you a top runner. If not hang on to him and be aggressive with waiver wire additions. The only player on your bench that is intriguing is LeShoure the others are probably equal to what is available on FA in your league so dont be afraid to make moves.

Basically you are 1 WR and 1 RB away from a great team so I think you did pretty well.

August 23rd, 2012, 6:01 pm
Heisman Winner

Not that it really matters all that much but I feel slightly different than Legend, I hate the Green pick, the Jets seem to be setting up for a let down season and I feel like Kenny Britt will end up being your number 1 WR when it's all send and done (if he can stay healthy this year.)

Shotty, your buddy that has both AP and Foster looks good, but AP has so many question marks around him after his major injury last year. One thing I've learned from playing fantasy football, nothing is a lock no matter how you feel about your picks coming out of the draft. I'd start looking the waiver wire early in the season for any player that looks like he might emerge. I usually find 1 or 2 players on waivers that I end up starting the remainder of the season.

August 23rd, 2012, 8:14 pm
Butkus Award Winner

aManNamedSuh wrote:
Not that it really matters all that much but I feel slightly different than Legend, I hate the Green pick, the Jets seem to be setting up for a let down season and I feel like Kenny Britt will end up being your number 1 WR when it's all send and done (if he can stay healthy this year.)

Shotty, your buddy that has both AP and Foster looks good, but AP has so many question marks around him after his major injury last year. One thing I've learned from playing fantasy football, nothing is a lock no matter how you feel about your picks coming out of the draft. I'd start looking the waiver wire early in the season for any player that looks like he might emerge. I usually find 1 or 2 players on waivers that I end up starting the remainder of the season.

Should I propose this trade?

AJ Green and Shonn Green for Torrie Smith and Matt Forte/Chris Johnson?

If so, should I get Forte/Johnson? I'm thinking Johnson since he has a better offensive line and Forte will be losing some carries to Bush.

August 23rd, 2012, 8:55 pm
Varsity Captain

Shotty wrote:

If so, should I get Forte/Johnson? I'm thinking Johnson since he has a better offensive line and Forte will be losing some carries to Bush.

rofl! I would never accept that trade in a million years. If you had Matt Forte and Torrey Smith, would you accept that trade?

You need RBs, badly. See if Rashard Jennings is available, he might start. Dwyer is also planned to start for the Steelers, and a lot of people don't know that. Cedric Benson looks REALLY good with the Packers already, is he available?

My advice is to acquire people when injuries occur. I had garbage for RBs, and I got Lynch last year from a junk trade just before he started to rock, and got Murray from free agency after he had his big game (but I was #1 on the waiver wire). I rolled into the playoffs with that. I didn't freak out when Jamaal Charles went down, and Beanie Wells didn't play like I thought he would, I just waited. I suggest the same for you.

August 23rd, 2012, 9:11 pm
Butkus Award Winner

49ers wrote:
Shotty wrote:

rofl! I would never accept that trade in a million years. If you had Matt Forte and Torrey Smith, would you accept that trade?

You need RBs, badly. See if Rashard Jennings is available, he might start. Dwyer is also planned to start for the Steelers, and a lot of people don't know that. Cedric Benson looks REALLY good with the Packers already, is he available?

My advice is to acquire people when injuries occur. I had garbage for RBs, and I got Lynch last year from a junk trade just before he started to rock, and got Murray from free agency after he had his big game (but I was #1 on the waiver wire). I rolled into the playoffs with that. I didn't freak out when Jamaal Charles went down, and Beanie Wells didn't play like I thought he would, I just waited. I suggest the same for you.

I'm in a Yahoo FF league, so don't have any idea about getting players after you draft. What do you mean check if they're available? I always hear about the waiver wire, can you let me know about what that is?

August 23rd, 2012, 9:19 pm
Varsity Captain

Shotty wrote:
I'm in a Yahoo FF league, so don't have any idea about getting players after you draft. What do you mean check if they're available? I always hear about the waiver wire, can you let me know about what that is?

Click some of those links, man. There are free agents if you hit "players". You can use that to see who's taken and who's available, etc.

The waiver wire = the order in which teams are allowed to sign players that are waiting to process through waivers. Just like in the NFL, if a player gets released, each team has the option of signing that player, the worst teams get a chance to go first, then the next worst, etc. If you want the player, you put in a waiver. If you are the earliest team on the wire to select him, you get him, but then you get put in the BACK of the line, aka that's the price you pay for claiming a player off of waivers.

You should read yahoo help more if you want more clarity. Or just mess around with the options.

August 23rd, 2012, 10:20 pm
League MVP

aManNamedSuh wrote:

Shonn Greene = RB NY Jets
AJ Green = WR Cincinnatti Bengals

You dont like the AJ Green pick?

August 23rd, 2012, 11:31 pm
League MVP

I have to do a little bragging and ddint want to start a new thread. somehow in my draftv last night I ended up with McCoy, AP, and Forte as my RB core with K Smith and C Benson as bench RB's. My WR's are solid but not great and Eli is my QB it Pettigrew as my T.E.

if nothing else I got RB tradebait. Im excited about that team!.

August 24th, 2012, 8:26 am
League MVP

thats a pretty good team, if i were you id roll with forte and mccoy. smith i think will be a good flex play for you especially if its ppr. work on shopping AP for the WR you need or if u think u need to upgrade from Eli

August 24th, 2012, 9:01 am
Heisman Winner

The Legend wrote:
aManNamedSuh wrote:

Shonn Greene = RB NY Jets
AJ Green = WR Cincinnatti Bengals

You dont like the AJ Green pick?

Doh, Didn't even occur to me you were talking about AJ until right now. Right on.

August 24th, 2012, 9:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next