Re: ESPN Fantasy Football 2014.
The Legend wrote:
auctions are the way to go...takes a try or two to get used to but you have a lot more say in your team than in a snake
I agree. The secret is, when it's your turn to nominate a player, nominate one you don't want, but other people do. Then set back and maybe drive the bid up and then watch as everyone else uses insane money early in the draft. That takes them out of the bidding later.
Using that strategy, I drafted the following players in a Yahoo Auction draft:
1. (2) EJ Manuel (Buf - QB) $1 I was hoping a couple of autodraft bots would bid against each other for him but, it didn't happen. I figured he would be a good backup. Later I realized he has the by week as the Lions.
2. (3) Calvin Johnson (Det - WR) $61 The only player I spent insane money on.
3. (33) Larry Fitzgerald (Ari - WR) $22
4. (41) Matthew Stafford (Det - QB) $26
5. (43) Julius Thomas (Den - TE) $18
6. (48) Stevan Ridley (NE - RB) $2
7. (50) Reggie Bush (Det - RB) $24
8. (62) Russell Wilson (Sea - QB) $5
9. (65) Andre Johnson (Hou - WR) $13
10. (77) Jason Witten (Dal - TE) $6
11. (99) Steven Hauschka (Sea - K) $2
12. (101) Pierre Thomas (NO - RB) $1
13. (106) Houston (Hou - DEF) $2
14. (108) Adam Vinatieri (Ind - K) $2
15. (110) Sammy Watkins (Buf - WR) $1
Unused $14 I had the most money left over after I was done drafting.