View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 23rd, 2019, 2:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 ESPN Keeper League. Lionbacker vs. Other Lions Fan Sites 
Veteran NFL Head Coach

Post Re: ESPN Keeper League. Lionbacker vs. DLions.com
i generally prefer auctions but i think with 30 man rosters and defensive players the auction will take forever. I vote snake

September 5th, 2015, 9:30 am
Rookie Player of the Year

I voted for snake on the league page poll. I agree with Legend. this league has way too many players per team, I dont want to have to auction.

Also are we going to change the draft order from manual before the draft, if not how are we deciding pick order?

September 5th, 2015, 11:29 am
Martha Firestone Ford

I have updated the draft settings to randomize the picks 1 hour before the draft. It is still set as a snake draft.

September 5th, 2015, 11:43 am
RIP Killer

Keeper league so I went young early, doesn't look like many fellow drafters took that approach...

September 6th, 2015, 12:15 pm
Profile WWW
Martha Firestone Ford

Pablo wrote:
Keeper league so I went young early, doesn't look like many fellow drafters took that approach...

That was my plan with the RB's. I was going to draft Abdullah with my next pick in the round that someone else beat me to him. I was going to nab him and then take Tevin Colman 6 picks later with my next pick. So, I had to take Coleman with the pick I was going to use on AA. I then had to scramble for a plan B on the pick I was going to use on TC.

September 6th, 2015, 11:24 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

Post Re: ESPN Keeper League. Lionbacker vs. Other Lions Fan Sites
Question:
Just wondering why we have to make the keeper selections before the end of the season, most other leagues I'm in wait until a few weeks before FF draft.

Answer:
Because it will give me an early heads up for what teams I need to find a new owner for. A few weeks before the draft is not enough time to try to find 4 or 6 new owners.

I like keeper leagues. But, being the commissioner blows a few weeks before the draft.

It is always near impossible to get everyone to set their keepers just before the draft because some have no intention of returning. Because of that, I can't get the draft set and keep it set. This is just 1 step I hope to not have to deal with. I figure the teams that I end up setting the keepers for, will need a new owner. And I will be able to give a potential new owner the list of keepers for each team and let them pick the one they want.

Also, once keepers are set, and the season is over, I can empty rosters of all non-Keepers. If there is a player that wasn't kept on another team that is better than a keeper on a team that needs a new owner, I can swap them out to make the abandoned team more attractive to a new owner.

I promise, I will only do this for abandoned teams. I will also make every attempt to make sure the team is being abandoned first.

December 23rd, 2015, 6:24 pm
Megatron

BillySims wrote:
Question:
Just wondering why we have to make the keeper selections before the end of the season, most other leagues I'm in wait until a few weeks before FF draft.

Answer:
Because it will give me an early heads up for what teams I need to find a new owner for. A few weeks before the draft is not enough time to try to find 4 or 6 new owners.

I like keeper leagues. But, being the commissioner blows a few weeks before the draft.

It is always near impossible to get everyone to set their keepers just before the draft because some have no intention of returning. Because of that, I can't get the draft set and keep it set. This is just 1 step I hope to not have to deal with. I figure the teams that I end up setting the keepers for, will need a new owner. And I will be able to give a potential new owner the list of keepers for each team and let them pick the one they want.

Also, once keepers are set, and the season is over, I can empty rosters of all non-Keepers. If there is a player that wasn't kept on another team that is better than a keeper on a team that needs a new owner, I can swap them out to make the abandoned team more attractive to a new owner.

I promise, I will only do this for abandoned teams. I will also make every attempt to make sure the team is being abandoned first.
what happens when/if a keeper retires, gets injured or suspended? Will the owner be able to pick up a different player? Are the rosters going to be locked or will we be able to swap players?

As for owners that abandon their teams, just look at the current rosters and results, if someone has a player that is on IR playing then the owner abandoned their team.

And what round are we in? I can't seem to find a playoff bracket for our league.

December 23rd, 2015, 9:35 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

TheRealWags wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Question:

Answer:

what happens when/if a keeper retires, gets injured or suspended? Will the owner be able to pick up a different player? Are the rosters going to be locked or will we be able to swap players?

As for owners that abandon their teams, just look at the current rosters and results, if someone has a player that is on IR playing then the owner abandoned their team.

And what round are we in? I can't seem to find a playoff bracket for our league.

More Questions:

What happens when/if a keeper retires, gets injured or suspended? Will the owner be able to pick up a different player? Are the rosters going to be locked or will we be able to swap players?

Answers

The same as any other time of the year. Yes, as long as all teams have their keepers set, you may swap one or more of your keepers for a player in the player pool.

January 1st, 2016, 10:23 am
Martha Firestone Ford

Congratulations to Coinoperated for winning the 1st championship in this league.

The playoff bracket didn't work like I wanted it to this year. They changed the ESPN game as far as to what the commissioner can do as far as setting the league up.

As far as setting up keepers right now, I just want 1 less thing to do before next season.

January 1st, 2016, 10:24 am
Martha Firestone Ford

I just checked:

Coinoperated, Maltos Manglers, and Oop De Friggin Do

are the only ones who haven't set up their Keepers yet.
Malto has confirmed he will be back. I assume the League Champion, Coinoperated will be back.

So, Oop De Friggin Do, is the only team that hasn't confirmed for next season yet.

As long as everyone confirms that they will be back, then I won't worry about everyone setting their keepers right now.

January 1st, 2016, 10:52 am
Megatron

Hey Billy, are we doing this again this year?

August 1st, 2016, 2:59 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

TheRealWags wrote:

I will update the settings and refresh the league soon. There were a few people that never set their keepers, so, who knows if I will hav to spend every waking hour trying to find replacement owners? LOL

August 1st, 2016, 8:46 pm
Megatron

BillySims wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:

I will update the settings and refresh the league soon. There were a few people that never set their keepers, so, who knows if I will hav to spend every waking hour trying to find replacement owners? LOL
:shock: ugh..man if it comes to that it might not be worth it....

August 2nd, 2016, 10:08 am
Martha Firestone Ford

I have activated this league.

I set the Draft to Friday, August 26 at 8PM EST. ( Just delay your partying about an hour until post draft. LOL)

I have preset the draft order to the inverse of how everyone finished last year, like the NFL does it.

Here is the order:

Team Shagpile
Maltos Manglers
Oop de friggin do
Ishpeming Hematites
MSU Spartans
Lansing Weasels
Ngata Chance
IMax Slammers
The Legend
coinoperated

Keeper lock date is Saturday August 13.

August 3rd, 2016, 5:27 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

We need to find a new owner for Oop de friggin do.

I set the keepers for this team. But, whoever takes over can set his/her choices.
Please help locate a new owner. This team is from one of the other Lions sites. So, the new owner should be from another site.

Here is the roster:

QB Carson Palmer, Ari QB
RB Andre Williams, NYG RB
RB Ronnie Hillman, Den RB
WR Brandin Cooks, NO WR
WR Michael Crabtree, Oak WR
TE Rob Gronkowski, NE TE Keeper
FLEX Julian Edelman*, NE WR Keeper
FLEX T.J. Yeldon, Jax RB
DT Sen'Derrick Marks, Jax DT
DE Carlos Dunlap, Cin DE
LB Paul Worrilow, Atl LB