View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 26th, 2019, 4:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Fantasy Bad Beat 
League MVP

Post Fantasy Bad Beat
I needed a venting space about my ouster this season in a dynasty league. At season's end, I was 1 win away from earning a week 1 playoff bye. 3 of my 4 losses were by a TD or less and 1 player swapped in from the bench for a starter would have won me each of them, including benching Stafford and his .59 points in London and starting Carr and his 30+ against the Jets.

Anyway, I'm playing in round 1 and I lost, by 5.67 points. We play IDPs and my safety, Cyprien took a pick 48 yards to the 1 inch line. If he went in, I win. Calvin also went down at the 2 but that's less dramatic. 2 other roster swaps individually (John Brown for Calvin OR Tim Hightower- who I picked up after losing Ingram- in place of Matt Jones) would have given me more than enough points to win.

Had I still been in for round 2 I outscored everyone and would have moved to the championship. And had I been in there I outscored BOTH participants by around 30 points.

What's worse is my division sent both participants to the championship game so it won't get any easier next season.

December 29th, 2015, 1:00 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

Post Re: Fantasy Bad Beat
Two sob stories to join in your misery

Has 3 losses by less than a half point to not even qualify for the top 4 playoffs in a 12 team league where I had the most points by over 100 points. Finished 6-8.

Also in a big money league the commish changed the number of teams making the playoffs from 6 to 4 AFTER the draft. I of course had drafted players not immediately available at the beginning of the season figuring I could finish top 6 - took Gurley, L Bell, M Bryant, M Evans...The league went by overall scoring without any head to head until the playoffs - I finished 5th by less than 10 points. Also in Week 1 the Commish thought I made an error in my lineup so he shuffled someone I was planning to bench into my active lineup on a Thursday night game when I had top waiver priority and was going to slide in my waiver add to be active in time for the Sunday game. Point difference on that move was 15 points. That would ve had me in the playoffs where my team had easily the top output of the league in both playoff weeks.

On the bright side, I had another league where I was stuck at work couldnt make it to the auction draft. Computer autodrafted for me 5 kickers, 3 QBs, Arian Foster only starting runner and WR Mike Evans only starting wideout. Was able to pickup Whitehead (PPR), Freeman, and D Williams before Week 1. Traded Jason Witten for Cam and also had Rivers for a hot streak in mid year. Picked up Eifert before Week 1. Traded Foster for Demeriyus Thomas before the IR trip. Picked up M Bryant and held on through his suspension. Also shipped out Ronnie Hillman for Cooks when Cooks was struggling and swapped Tate for Vince Jackson which paid off late, not so much early. Started 1-5 after sticking with Peyton Manning too long but made a raging comeback to make it to the final and get some money back but still lost in the final.

December 29th, 2015, 10:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]