View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 1st, 2014, 4:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 ESPN Keeper League- Graphic violence League. 
Color Commentator - John Madden

July 20th, 2006, 11:36 pm
Veteran General Manager

Rhys_Pieces has agreed to be the other League manager I was looking for.

CMWSR,

I assume that using everything before the @ in the email address you registered under worked to get you signed in to the league.

If so, verify in a post in this thread please. Chazmaster has had the same problem signing in.

July 21st, 2006, 9:53 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Doesn't it kind of make the regular season pointless to have everyone make the playoffs? Why don't we make it the top 4 in each division make it to the playoffs and have the playoffs start week 13? Just a suggestion....

July 22nd, 2006, 12:30 am

CMWSR,

I assume that using everything before the @ in the email address you registered under worked to get you signed in to the league.

If so, verify in a post in this thread please. Chazmaster has had the same problem signing in.

I have had no problems after youre post. Since then I have set up some personal settings. The Ridiculous Renegades are ready for bussiness!!!!!

I'm ready to woop some badonkadonk!

CMWSR is ready to represent with the Ridiculous Renegades on my side!!!!!!!

July 22nd, 2006, 2:22 am
Veteran General Manager

I had a Yahoo IM chat with Chazmaster last night and discovered why he was having a problem loging in. So, to avoid that problem, the answer was, don't try to login through the link in the invitation email. That email was for sign up only. Go to ESPN.com and go to the login page from there. Bookmark the page in your favorites menu. If you try to login through your invite email, it tries to sign you up again only to come back with a message something to the effect, the team you are signing up for does not exist.

As for other league news:

We are all still waiting on Pablo to get a new home computer. LOL. For some reason, he has had problems just connecting with ESPN. I don't know what is causing that. Once Pablo is in, we can start doing things like setting the draft order and trading draft picks and such.

July 22nd, 2006, 8:37 am
Pop Warner Vet

Hey guys Welcome all and heres to a good season of football and please lets keep it in the faith of good spirits as we are all friends here.

As to the page there is a poll now up so people can start interacting with the league and get some brain juices flowing.

Once Pablo is in we will set the draft order myself and Billy will be picking lats and next to last in the first round with a serpentine order after, that is reverse each round :lol:

Let's get going and have a good time

July 23rd, 2006, 11:47 am

Here is how I have the starting positions set up. The first number is the # of starters at the position. The second number is the maximum # of players at the position alowed for your roster.

1 Head Coach 2 max/team
1 QB 3 max
1 RB 3 max
3 RB/WR no max
2 WR 9 max
3 WR/TE no max
1 TE 3 max
2 UOP no max
2 DT 3 max
2 DE 3 max
2 LB 3 max
2 CB 3 max
2 S 3 max
2 UDP No max
2 TD/ST 3 max
2 PK 3 max
1 Punter 1 max
5 bench no max
4 IR

Being new to Fantasy Football some of these terms I am not fimilar with.
1 Head Coach 2 max/team-obvious
1 QB 3 max-Quarterback
1 RB 3 max-Running back
3 RB/WR no max-Running back Wide Reciever
2 WR 9 max-Wide Reciever
3 WR/TE no max-Wide Reciever Tight End
1 TE 3 max-Tight End
2 UOP no max-?????
2 DT 3 max-Defensive Tackle
2 DE 3 max-Defensive End
2 LB 3 max-Linebacker
2 CB 3 max-Cornerback
2 S 3 max-Safety
2 UDP No max-?????
2 TD/ST 3 max-?????
2 PK 3 max-Kicker
1 Punter 1 max-Obvious
5 bench no max-Players on the bench
4 IR[/quote]-Injured Reserve

I have marked the abbreviations I know and put question marks by the ones I don't any clearification would be great.

July 23rd, 2006, 1:40 pm
Veteran General Manager

UDP = Utility Defensive Player
TD/ST = Team Defense/Special Teams

I was just thinking that 32 players on each team is going to leave the talent pool mighty thin. Do you guys want the Utility Offensive and the Utility Defensive players? Elliminating them would reduce our rosters to 28 players and leave a few more players in the FA talent pool.

July 23rd, 2006, 4:45 pm
Stadium Announcer

I vote no because we'll have enough players on our roster to begin with thus leaving a few free agents out there as you mentioned.

July 23rd, 2006, 6:13 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

July 24th, 2006, 6:51 pm

July 24th, 2006, 11:13 pm
Modmin Dude

July 25th, 2006, 10:24 am
Veteran General Manager

I have elliminated the Utility Offense and defense players and made a few other changes. They are edited below.

BillySims wrote:
Here is how I have the starting positions set up. The first number is the # of starters at the position. The second number is the maximum # of players at the position alowed for your roster.

1 Head Coach 2 max/team
1 QB 3 max
1 RB 3 max
3 RB/WR no max
2 WR 6 max - down from 9max.
3 WR/TE no max
1 TE 3 max
UOP ----- Elliminated
2 DT 3 max
2 DE 3 max
2 LB 3 max
2 CB 3 max
2 S 3 max
UDP ------ Elliminated
1 TD/ST 2 max - down from 2 starting units.
2 PK 2 max - down from 3 max.
2 Punter 2 max - up from 1 starter and 1 max.
5 bench no max
4 IR

PK's and punters are a dime a dozen so I added a Starting Punter. There are plenty of them so each team should be able to get 2 decent to good Punters. As for BYE weeks, You will have to drop a PK/Punter and pick up another for your bye weeks. I just didn't want anyone to hoard a good PK/P so they can use them for only 2 weeks for the entire season. After all, with each team having 2 each, that's 28. Only 4 of each would remain in the FA market and with so many players to cover for on BYE weeks, you would be wise to just go without a PK/P for a week and concentrate on other areas because if you drop one, another team may grab him. I think it adds an elliment of realism into the league. Having to make tough decisions.

I am also considering elliminating 2 bench players and leaving each team with 3. But, I haven't decided that yet. it's just that the draft is going to be 30 rounds + 14 picks/round = A VERY LONG DRAFT. This move would drop 2 rounds and further increase the FA talent pool as well as force some more tough decisions. :cheers:

July 25th, 2006, 9:50 pm
Veteran General Manager

Quote:
DRAFT ORDER (Edit)
TEAM OWNER(S) POS
Wags' Warriors TheRealWags 1
Sly's Sluts Slybri19 2
Team Beach Bums Chazmaster 3
Mashed Potatoes Murtyle 4
Team Seaman II sweetd20 5
Raleigh Headstompers P_T_Bruiser 6
Ridiculous Renegades CMWSR 7
Riverview Buccaneers Mineral 8
Team 10 9 <-------- Team is Pablos if he ever gets a new computer that can connect with ESPN.com. :twisted: Do you need me to send another invite?
Silver Rush Oklahoma_Lion 10
Martha Stewart Everyday Inmate Kmart 11
Osama the Llama TenaciousA 12
Kingston Krushers Rhys_Pieces 13
Ionia Tormentors BillySims 14

July 25th, 2006, 9:59 pm

I have elliminated the Utility Offense and defense players and made a few other changes. They are edited below.

BillySims wrote:

1 Head Coach 2 max/team
1 QB 3 max
1 RB 3 max
3 RB/WR no max
2 WR 6 max - down from 9max.
3 WR/TE no max
1 TE 3 max
UOP ----- Elliminated
2 DT 3 max
2 DE 3 max
2 LB 3 max
2 CB 3 max
2 S 3 max
UDP ------ Elliminated
1 TD/ST 2 max - down from 2 starting units.
2 PK 2 max - down from 3 max.
2 Punter 2 max - up from 1 starter and 1 max.
5 bench no max
4 IR

PK's and punters are a dime a dozen so I added a Starting Punter. There are plenty of them so each team should be able to get 2 decent to good Punters. As for BYE weeks, You will have to drop a PK/Punter and pick up another for your bye weeks. I just didn't want anyone to hoard a good PK/P so they can use them for only 2 weeks for the entire season. After all, with each team having 2 each, that's 28. Only 4 of each would remain in the FA market and with so many players to cover for on BYE weeks, you would be wise to just go without a PK/P for a week and concentrate on other areas because if you drop one, another team may grab him. I think it adds an elliment of realism into the league. Having to make tough decisions.

I am also considering elliminating 2 bench players and leaving each team with 3. But, I haven't decided that yet. it's just that the draft is going to be 30 rounds + 14 picks/round = A VERY LONG DRAFT. This move would drop 2 rounds and further increase the FA talent pool as well as force some more tough decisions. :cheers:

I'd be okay with that 30 rounds is extremely long.
I also have another question on the roster. Each team owner gets 3 RB/WR no max and 3 WR/TE no max how is that any different than your your normal RB, WR, and TE positions with limited roster spots? Also is there a spot on the leagues home page to get a point breakdown?

July 25th, 2006, 10:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next