View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2014, 8:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Thanks Conversion! and Fantasy Wrap-Up 
Pro Bowl Player

Post Thanks Conversion! and Fantasy Wrap-Up
I won my league...with a lot of help from you over the course of the season. You know your stuff! Thanks for the advice.

In other news, how did everyone else do?

December 25th, 2006, 11:59 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

I finished 4th out of 12 in one league and got the last playoff spot. I won the first game but was down over 30 points in the championship with only TO and Chris Chambers to go tonight and they didn't make up the points so I'll end up in second.

I think that was a good finish for a team that Yahoo screwed up and half auto drafted ( and I forgot to rank my players). My backfield at one time or another consisted of Cedric Benson, Corey Dillon, Rhodes, Droughns, Mike Bell, Deangelo Williams, Cedric Houston and Brandon Jacobs.

Thanks Conversion for all the advice and congrats lightning

December 26th, 2006, 12:42 am
Pro Bowl Player

Thanks man. Glad to hear you were able to make the best of out of a crappy situation. I got lucky and LT fell in the draft. I made some smart moves over the course of the season, but in the end it's all about luck. In the semifinals, my opponent started Brad Johnson instead of Peyton Manning!

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
I finished 4th out of 12 in one league and got the last playoff spot. I won the first game but was down over 30 points in the championship with only TO and Chris Chambers to go tonight and they didn't make up the points so I'll end up in second.

I think that was a good finish for a team that Yahoo screwed up and half auto drafted ( and I forgot to rank my players). My backfield at one time or another consisted of Cedric Benson, Corey Dillon, Rhodes, Droughns, Mike Bell, Deangelo Williams, Cedric Houston and Brandon Jacobs.

Thanks Conversion for all the advice and congrats lightning

December 26th, 2006, 11:52 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Hey, thanks a lot guys. I was just trying to help out. As you all know, I'm no guru, and it sure shows...just look at the fantasy blog and I've got a huge miss or three each week. It's all about analyzing the matchups...which is tough, and sometimes teams completely change game plans from what their team has done for the past 13 weeks...which makes things completely hit or miss.

This year was tough trying to keep up on the blog, with my last semester of school, graduation, finding a job, and moving all my crap to a different state! Hope what I could get done was beneficial, but if Pablo wants me to write for it next year, I'd be more than happy to and I'll have a whole lot more time.

As you all know, pass catching backs rule fantasy leagues. Try to stock up ASAP in the draft because receivers like Marques Colston, Mike Furrey, and Reggie Wayne fall way further than guys like Steve Smith, Chad Johnson, and Marvin Harrison.

----------------------------------------------------
I finished 3rd in one league and 1st in another. 3rd was in the LB yahoo 1 league where I had the worst fantasy draft in my fantasy career and 1st was in an NFL.com league where I smoked all those turds with LT, Ladell Betts, Rudi Johnson, and Maurice Jones-Drew.

My third place team was full of waiver pickups for the most part...
QB: Palmer, Roethlisberger
RB: L Johnson, A Green, T Henry, D Williams
WR: R Williams, B Berrian, M Colston, D Branch, S Holmes
TE: V Davis, R McMichael
K: Matt Stover
DEF: Chicago
IDP: L Briggs, C June, L Tatupu

First place team:
QB: Brees, Grossman
RB: L Tomlinson, M Jones-Drew, R Johnson, L Betts
WR: M Muhammad, M Colston, Lee Evans, J Walker
TE: Tony Gonzalez