View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 2:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 ESPN League - Offseason Thread. 
Pop Warner Vet

This is what real football is about, the rivalries and I can see that a couple are developing already hopefully we can keep this league together for more than the three years that way it can become an institution even if one day we have to come together and make the necessary time investments to create a true life long keeper league that allows us to really become a no holds barred league with multiple coaches per team and the realness of carrying your team through bad to good, unless some poor smuck behaves like WCF and just sucks all the time.

January 2nd, 2007, 9:44 am
Pop Warner Vet

Just as a suggestion what if we kept our teams as they are except that the OP is replaced by wr/rb so as to negate all the two QB thing and we just build on our team? whether through free agency and later after the defacto draft we add the rookies through free agency again if we feel they will strengthen the team just lke the real teams do?

January 2nd, 2007, 10:03 am
Varsity 1st Team

Are you thinking that your entire team is a keeper team?

If so, it is a very interesting idea and could be quite fun. However, I think you would need to have at least 20 teams, perhaps larger bench (one or two spots for each position) and a complete redraft with all teams. I suppose teams could be added much like expansion teams (they get first pick in the draft and can pick-up one unprotected player from each team). Perhaps a salary cap needs to be added?

Perhaps this is a bit complicated!?!? :?

If I don't like my talent, team record and past draft picks, can I fire myself as GM? If this is a forever team, can I pass it on to my son (or daughter) when I die?

January 2nd, 2007, 6:17 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Rotonews used to have a fantasy baseball game like that for free. Now it is subscriber based. You even had farm teams.

January 2nd, 2007, 8:49 pm
Pop Warner Vet

It would be interesting when we sort all the bugs out on this league even if we wait till the 3 yrs expire then try to see what we can do to set up something like that.

January 3rd, 2007, 1:12 pm
Hall of Fame Player

It would be interesting when we sort all the bugs out on this league even if we wait till the 3 yrs expire then try to see what we can do to set up something like that.

I think ESPN does offer a subscriber based game also. But, I don't know the cost.

Also, Rhys,

Have you seen any indication of the keeper links yet? I haven't. I'm starting to get a little concearned.

January 3rd, 2007, 1:56 pm
Pop Warner Vet

it maybe due to the referanda not being completed as yet please owners log in and vote as to whether it is three or two keepers. Personally I want to say three. As whether we keep three or two there will be players that will be available for teams to pick so please lets get this done.

January 3rd, 2007, 5:25 pm
Varsity 1st Team

How about keeping two offensive players and two defensive players in lieu of just two or three players? This will allow teams to keep key players on both sides of the ball to build around. I am sure some would like to keep some of their D players but can't because they are not a important as the QB, RB, WR and TE positions.

January 4th, 2007, 6:20 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Just another thought on our keepers:

How about keeping two offensive players and two defensive players in lieu of just two or three players? This will allow teams to keep key players on both sides of the ball to build around. I am sure some would like to keep some of their D players but can't because they are not a important as the QB, RB, WR and TE positions.

I am opposed to that idea. Hey, we have to have something worth drafting in the next draft.

January 4th, 2007, 6:30 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

Just another thought on our keepers:

I like the idea.

January 4th, 2007, 9:59 pm
Pop Warner Vet

how about keeping 1 offensive player and 1 defensive player that way there is something that may drop to you in the draft which may make your team much better since a lot of teams will have to not protect good players.

January 5th, 2007, 10:25 am
Varsity 1st Team

How about 2 offensive players and 1 Defensive player.

This is a keeper league and the draft next year is supposed to be somewhat void of the top players. You must keep someone to build your team upon. Only 32 offensive players will be kept with and I would think there will be quite a few #2 RBs, WRs out there to fill team voids. There are quite a few roster spots on each team and the draft will be just as good because we are all still scrambling to find the next Frank Gore.

I'ts always the middle of the draft that is the most improtant and the most fun. The first two or three rounds are usually no-brainers and very predictable.

I also must know how we are going to handle the OP position.

January 5th, 2007, 11:31 am
Modmin Dude

How about 2 offensive players and 1 Defensive player.

This is a keeper league and the draft next year is supposed to be somewhat void of the top players. You must keep someone to build your team upon. Only 32 offensive players will be kept with and I would think there will be quite a few #2 RBs, WRs out there to fill team voids. There are quite a few roster spots on each team and the draft will be just as good because we are all still scrambling to find the next Frank Gore.

I'ts always the middle of the draft that is the most improtant and the most fun. The first two or three rounds are usually no-brainers and very predictable.

I also must know how we are going to handle the OP position.

I like the 2 Offensive and 1 Defensive keepers. As for the OP position, I think it should be changed to WR/RB/TE position, no QBs.

January 5th, 2007, 11:38 am
Varsity 1st Team

January 5th, 2007, 11:48 am
Pop Warner Vet

That is a given and if the referenda decides three keepers that suggestion would make sense. We just need a consensus which we are unable to get since there are some managers who haven't voted and the ones who have have it split.

Hopefully over the next couple days everyone will log in and vote and the decision can be made once and for all. If you guys take too long Billy and I will decide and make the changes as we see fit to make the league better. That also includes making it competitive, so everyone will have a chance to push for honours next year.

January 5th, 2007, 12:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next