View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 1:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 ESPN League - Offseason Thread. 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I had previously voted for 2 keepers, but I really like the idea of 2 offensive and 1 defensive keeper. That makes sense and I would change my vote if I could.

I'm also glad that you changed OP to RB/WR since I believe that was what was initially intended. Also, I still don't like the idea of expansion and it seems like it isn't going to happen now, which is a good thing. Let's keep it at 16 teams and just replace the owners (you know who you are) that quit in the middle of the season. This will allow the draft to begin in inverse order without having expansion picks first.

Here's to having had a great season and many more to come. :arrow:

January 5th, 2007, 7:57 pm
Hall of Fame Player

K-Mart wrote:
How about 2 offensive players and 1 Defensive player.

This is a keeper league and the draft next year is supposed to be somewhat void of the top players. You must keep someone to build your team upon. Only 32 offensive players will be kept with and I would think there will be quite a few #2 RBs, WRs out there to fill team voids. There are quite a few roster spots on each team and the draft will be just as good because we are all still scrambling to find the next Frank Gore.

I'ts always the middle of the draft that is the most improtant and the most fun. The first two or three rounds are usually no-brainers and very predictable.

I also must know how we are going to handle the OP position.

I like the 2 Offensive and 1 Defensive keepers. As for the OP position, I think it should be changed to WR/RB/TE position, no QBs.

Just to let you know, there isn't an option for WR/RB/TE. It's either WR/RB or WR/TE.

January 5th, 2007, 8:49 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

How about 2 offensive players and 1 Defensive player.

This is a keeper league and the draft next year is supposed to be somewhat void of the top players. You must keep someone to build your team upon. Only 32 offensive players will be kept with and I would think there will be quite a few #2 RBs, WRs out there to fill team voids. There are quite a few roster spots on each team and the draft will be just as good because we are all still scrambling to find the next Frank Gore.

I'ts always the middle of the draft that is the most improtant and the most fun. The first two or three rounds are usually no-brainers and very predictable.

I also must know how we are going to handle the OP position.

I definately like that best! :lol:

January 5th, 2007, 11:12 pm

If we go with the 2 O and 1 D idea, I think we ought to allow team defense and HC to become a defense option for those that want to do it. To be honest, I was considering keeping Tony Dungy for awhile before I changed my mind later in the season.

January 5th, 2007, 11:45 pm
Stadium Announcer

I hear ya on that Sly, I would love to have Chicago's 'D' as my one defensive keeper.

January 6th, 2007, 1:44 am

I hear ya on that Sly, I would love to have Chicago's 'D' as my one defensive keeper.

Scratch that idea! :D

January 6th, 2007, 2:26 am
Stadium Announcer

Like my smack talk says, "Don't cry!" :cry:

January 6th, 2007, 11:40 am
Hall of Fame Player

I sent an email to ESPN asking about the keeper options and when we will be able to lock in our keepers. The following is their reply to me:

Quote:
Richard,

Thank you for contacting the League Office.

We have not yet released the keeper options. Please check back in a
couple of months as we are setting up the leagues for the next season.

Thank you for playing ESPN.com Fantasy Games!

Regards,
The Commish
ESPN.com Fantasy Games

http://games.espn.go.com/cgi/home/Request.dll?FRONTPAGE

January 15th, 2007, 1:32 pm
Pop Warner Vet

Ok in regards to the Keeper league ESPN will be reopening the league window on Monday 25th of June so everyone who is a team owner or prospective team owner can now start getting ready for the new season as it begins this monday.

Congrats to our defending champ and also to all who played last year and made the league the success.

Here's looking forward to another very interesting year with renewed rivalries (Sli that is you in my case) and friendships.

June 21st, 2007, 11:08 am
Hall of Fame Player

Ok in regards to the Keeper league ESPN will be reopening the league window on Monday 25th of June so everyone who is a team owner or prospective team owner can now start getting ready for the new season as it begins this monday.

Congrats to our defending champ and also to all who played last year and made the league the success.

Here's looking forward to another very interesting year with renewed rivalries (Sli that is you in my case) and friendships.

Thank you for keeping up on this Rhys,

I have had to get a job since my 3 businesses have not worked out thusfar. So, my time is getting more and more limited.

June 21st, 2007, 4:48 pm

Billy had to get a JOB! Will wonders ever cease? j/k.

Rhys, please keep us posted as to when we can name our keepers and when the draft will be cause I'm really looking forward to kicking your butt again next season! :lol:

June 21st, 2007, 6:18 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

Do we then get to set are keepers and how many keepers do we get offensively and defensively?

June 21st, 2007, 6:28 pm
RIP Killer

Rhys, please keep us posted as to when we can name our keepers and when the draft will be cause I'm really looking forward to kicking your butt again next season! :lol:

I agree Rhys, I'm looking forward to knocking Sly out of the playoffs again next year. :wink:

June 22nd, 2007, 9:06 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Do we then get to set are keepers and how many keepers do we get offensively and defensively?

There will be 3 keepers TOTAL.

Any 3 players on your roster.

June 22nd, 2007, 10:18 am
Varsity 1st Team

Did your team do worse than the Lions last season? :cry:
Worried that you have only one stud to keep and that there will be nothing but slim pickens to suppliment him? :cry:

K-Mart, the FF Keeper, One-stop, shopping super center is open for business!! :arrow: :idea:

I've got a host of keepers that I'm willing to trade off. If there are teams with only one good keeper on their team and would like two or three of my keepers in return... just PM me.

I've got:

P. Manning (top 5 QB)
W. Parker (top 10 RB)
T. Henry (top 10 to 15 RB)
L. Coles (top 10 to 15 WR)
M. Coleston (top 10 to 15 WR)
T. Gonzalez (top 5 TE)
Baltimore D (top 5 Def)
M. Hasselback (top 10 QB). Remember there are only 32 starting QB's and 16 FF teams who need 2 QB's each. With the settings favoring QB's with good completion %, low sacks, ints and fumbles. Only 16 are worth starting every week. Don't get caught without one!! :wink:

You too can be just like the Lions this off season by trading your assets for a pot of gold 8) . I can only keep 3 so if you need one make me an offer!! The offers are comming in already!! Hurry before I'm all sold out!!

June 22nd, 2007, 3:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next