View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 20th, 2014, 2:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 ESPN League - Offseason Thread. 
Pop Warner Vet

Billy had to get a JOB! Will wonders ever cease? j/k.

Rhys, please keep us posted as to when we can name our keepers and when the draft will be cause I'm really looking forward to kicking your butt again next season! :lol:

Like the lions those one point losses will turn into huge wins for me this year so just get used to always referring to those memories

June 22nd, 2007, 5:22 pm
Pop Warner Vet

It is officially open so now guys you can go log in and get your feet wet for this year.

June 25th, 2007, 12:35 pm
Pop Warner Vet

In terms of keepers it will be 3, any 3 on your team not limited to defense or offense

Keepers need to be forwarded to Billy or myself by the latest July 25th so we can update the system to reflect the keepers.

We will be asking for suggestions for a draft date so please keep it in mind if there is a consensus for an early draft we could move the keeper selection up and have the draft, by the 25th July.

June 25th, 2007, 12:44 pm
Veteran General Manager

Ok here we go:

In terms of keepers it will be 3, any 3 on your team not limited to defense or offense

Keepers need to be forwarded to Billy or myself by the latest July 25th so we can update the system to reflect the keepers.

We will be asking for suggestions for a draft date so please keep it in mind if there is a consensus for an early draft we could move the keeper selection up and have the draft, by the 25th July.

Rhys,
I just went to my team page and there is a link to click on for setting your keepers. I was able to set mine without using any league manager tools. So, everyone else should be able to also.
Everyone will bow before Eli Manning and Roy Williams WR and Reggie Bush. LOL.

Actually had to make a hard decision between Reggie and Ahman Green.

Rhys,

Quote:
if there is a consensus for an early draft we could move the keeper selection up and have the draft, by the 25th July.

The earliest Live drafts available were August 1st. So, I grabbed a date while they were hot.

Let's set the cutoff for setting the keepers at Noon EST, July 20th. At that time, you and I can set a time to Yahoo IM each other and set the keepers for whoever hasn't already done so.
The reason for this is because I just set the Live Draft for:

Friday, August 3rd.
7:00 PM EST
60 seconds/pick

This will give 2 weeks for trading draft picks after all Keepers have been set. ( Those that have already set their keepers can begin trading players for draft picks NOW) I am pretty sure each team can redo their keepers list until the day before the draft.

I hope Friday is a good day for everyone. I set the time early enough so that we can complete the draft in plenty enough time for anyone that wants to hit the town to have enough social drinking. LOL.

That said,

Every player on my roster is available. If you have a 2 keepers and you don't have anyone else on your roster that you want to keep:

Any 1 of my Keepers will cost a 1st round pick.

Ahman Green will cost a 2nd round pick.

Anyone else will cost a 3rd round pick.

June 25th, 2007, 6:08 pm
Veteran General Manager

I have set the draft order by this method:

I went with the worst won-loss record to the best. In the event of ties, I went with the team with the worse difference in last years final league rankings.

To see the rankings I used, go to the league home and click on league history. Then click on expanded rankings. The far right hand column was used as the tie breaker.

Here is the Live Draft info again in case you didn't see it in my previous post.

Friday, August 3rd
60 seconds/pick

You may start trading draft picks now. If you need a Keeper, someone will trade 1 to you for a price. Or you may trade up in the 1st round for a price. But, with only 60 seconds/pick, you may want to make that trade before the draft starts.

OH. Everyone welcome the new owner of the team formerly known as the Raleigh Headstompers. The Team is now named Compost Turners.

Does anyone know if Murtle is still around? I haven't seen him post in a long time. So, we may need a replacement owner. Anyone interested please PM either Rhys_Pieces or myself.

Ok. Without further ado, here is the draft order:

1. Riverview Buccaneers - Murtle?
2. Downtown Devils
3. Mashed Potatoes
4. Team Seaman II
5. Osama the Llama
6. Ace Deuce Blazers
7. Wag's Warriors - Let's not lock ourselves out of our team this year. LOL.
8. Team Beach Bums
9. Ionia Tormentors
10. Bushy Beavers
11. Rediculous Renegades
12. Kingston Krushers
13. Compost Turner
14. Sly's Sluts - Destined to get either knocked up or AIDS. LOL
15. Martha Stewart Everyday Inmate
16. Silver Rush - HUGE TARGET ON HIS BACK!!!!

June 25th, 2007, 9:48 pm
Varsity 1st Team

I have a couple of questions before I start thinking about my keepers:

1. Did we change out the OP (extra QB) position to a RB/WR position?
2. Are all settings the same as last season?

June 26th, 2007, 6:52 am
Mr. Irrelevant

My team is the mashed potatoes... Couple of things....

Please don't change the draft order without like a week's notice... I missed the draft last year cause of it and I never pre-rank my players so I was doomed...

Is the draft going to snake? Meaning will the #1 pick in the first be the last pick in the 2nd? Or will it be straight up NFL style?

Then K-Mart's 2 question's... I also noticed the QB rule last year before the draft and was primed to take advantage of it if I had made the draft... I do think it should be changed to a RB/WR position though...

And the team formally known as the "Mashed Potatoes" has morphed like Optimus Prime (That movie looks like it is going to be awsome) into "Pac-Man's Tanks"... Thanks for playin... :twisted:

June 26th, 2007, 8:53 am
Veteran General Manager

My team is the mashed potatoes... Couple of things....

Please don't change the draft order without like a week's notice... I missed the draft last year cause of it and I never pre-rank my players so I was doomed...

Is the draft going to snake? Meaning will the #1 pick in the first be the last pick in the 2nd? Or will it be straight up NFL style?

Then K-Mart's 2 question's... I also noticed the QB rule last year before the draft and was primed to take advantage of it if I had made the draft... I do think it should be changed to a RB/WR position though...

And the team formally known as the "Mashed Potatoes" has morphed like Optimus Prime (That movie looks like it is going to be awsome) into "Pac-Man's Tanks"... Thanks for playin... :twisted:

The draft order and the date and time are set in stone. I'm sorry, again, for changing the draft date last year. It won't happen this year.

I set the draft order. But, I can find no info to let me know if that is the order for every round or just the first round. I would think it will snake. But, it sure would make things interesting if it didn't snake. LOL. I guess we will have to play it by ear.

As far as the OP: I have made no changes to the position. While a few were against it at the beginning of the season, the position grew on people to the point that by the end of the season, the majority wanted to keep the position as is.

I am willing to add another WR/RB position and I am willing to add a WR/TE position if there is enough support for the idea.
I know the league seams a bit defense oriented. But, that is due to the fact that there is no way of getting stats on Offensive Linemen. If there were OL stats, we would have 2 OT's, 2 OG's, and a Center.

I haven't changed any of the settings except that I turned on the draft pick trading function.

June 26th, 2007, 11:01 am
Veteran General Manager

I have a couple of questions before I start thinking about my keepers:

1. Did we change out the OP (extra QB) position to a RB/WR position?
2. Are all settings the same as last season?

See my post above.

June 26th, 2007, 11:08 am
RIP Killer

Friday, August 3rd.
60 seconds/pick

I'm traveling to Boston for work that week and have a big committment that night. I planned the first week of August thinking no draft would take place that early. The preseason won't have even started yet, we are liable to select players will get banged up in the preseason.

June 26th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran General Manager

BillySims wrote:
Friday, August 3rd.
60 seconds/pick

I'm traveling to Boston for work that week and have a big committment that night. I planned the first week of August thinking no draft would take place that early. The preseason won't have even started yet, we are liable to select players will get banged up in the preseason.

When is the 1st week of preseason?

Damn it pablo!. I say the draft date is set in stone, and you make me crush that stone and set a new one. LOL.

I'll find another date. Hopefully, I can find a Friday Date after the 2nd preseason game. It has to be a Friday because I work from Noon to Midnight Saturdays and Sundays.

June 26th, 2007, 1:03 pm
Veteran General Manager

OK, Thanks to Pablo raising a concern, LOL, I have changed the draft date.

The new date is set in Titanium. It will not change again.

Live Draft:

Friday, August 31
60 seconds/pick

I decided on August 31st because at 7:00 on that night, there will only be 2 pre-season games left to be played and they will start a half hour after our draft starts.

So, if you draft someone that begins the year on the IR, you would either have to be really unlucky or you didn't do your homework.

BTW. My tormentors got beaten down so much that I decided to change the team name. The new name is: Grand Rapids Gladiators.

June 26th, 2007, 1:19 pm
RIP Killer

That works better - thanks Billy. Starters will hardly play in the 4th preseason game anyway and FF stars shouldn't play that much in game 3.

Good job!

June 26th, 2007, 2:55 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Irrelevant

Is there a way to find out who each team designates as their keepers? It will help us start forming our draft board in the next few weeks...

June 26th, 2007, 3:14 pm
Veteran General Manager

Is there a way to find out who each team designates as their keepers? It will help us start forming our draft board in the next few weeks...

If you go to your team page, there is a link for you to set your own Keepers. Once you have clicked that link, on the next page, there is a link to see all of the keepers that have been set for the whole league as of the moment you click. So far, only 5 teams have set their keepers.

But, also, keep in mind that up until July 25th, teams can change who it is that they want to keep. So, some teams could have players listed as being keepers right now and then change them at the last minute. Maybe even just to crush someones hope that a certain player will be there for the #1 overall pick.

June 26th, 2007, 3:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next