View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 28th, 2014, 5:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 ESPN League - Offseason Thread. 
Mr. Irrelevant

I see what your saying... Kind of Bellichik esque... sneaky.... hat30.gif

June 26th, 2007, 3:28 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

I did that and under everyone else's list it says "selection hidden"... Is that a personal setting or a league setting?

June 26th, 2007, 3:39 pm
Varsity 1st Team

K-Mart wrote:
I have a couple of questions before I start thinking about my keepers:

1. Did we change out the OP (extra QB) position to a RB/WR position?
2. Are all settings the same as last season?

See my post above.

I just want to be sure about the OP position. I just went into the ESPN league and moved Hass out of the OP position to the bench. I then tried to move him back. However, there was no OP slot nor any OP selection available. There is a new slot named RB/WR. This is also true when your go into the players and filer each position.

I really don't want to have the same problem last year!

I'm fine either way. However, I do want to say that with only 32 QB's starting and 16 teams there is a real advantage to starting them at the OP position. A QB average day is a very good day for most #2 RB's and a great day for most WR's. So, stocking up on QB's will be very important. This will leave some teams with only one to play (or perhaps none, if they are not paying attention. There is also a large difference between the top QB and the 32nd QB. More so than the top #2 RB's and the top #2 WR's.

If you want more parity in this league, I would suggest using the RB/WR position in lieu of the OP position.

Again, I am fine either way, I've got Manning and Hass. and I will keep them if the OP position it to occur.

Just double check this setting.

Thanks!!

June 26th, 2007, 3:46 pm
Hall of Fame Player

I did that and under everyone else's list it says "selection hidden"... Is that a personal setting or a league setting?

HMM. Maybe only Rhys and I can see them because we are League managers.

I'll post the keepers thus far later.

June 26th, 2007, 4:02 pm
Hall of Fame Player

BillySims wrote:
K-Mart wrote:
I have a couple of questions before I start thinking about my keepers:

1. Did we change out the OP (extra QB) position to a RB/WR position?
2. Are all settings the same as last season?

See my post above.

I just want to be sure about the OP position. I just went into the ESPN league and moved Hass out of the OP position to the bench. I then tried to move him back. However, there was no OP slot nor any OP selection available. There is a new slot named RB/WR. This is also true when your go into the players and filer each position.

I really don't want to have the same problem last year!

I'm fine either way. However, I do want to say that with only 32 QB's starting and 16 teams there is a real advantage to starting them at the OP position. A QB average day is a very good day for most #2 RB's and a great day for most WR's. So, stocking up on QB's will be very important. This will leave some teams with only one to play (or perhaps none, if they are not paying attention. There is also a large difference between the top QB and the 32nd QB. More so than the top #2 RB's and the top #2 WR's.

If you want more parity in this league, I would suggest using the RB/WR position in lieu of the OP position.

Again, I am fine either way, I've got Manning and Hass. and I will keep them if the OP position it to occur.

Just double check this setting.

Thanks!!

I haven't had a conversation with Rhys yet. But, if he changed it, it doesn't show in the league transactions. I didn't change it.

June 26th, 2007, 4:05 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Murtyle wrote:

HMM. Maybe only Rhys and I can see them because we are League managers.

I'll post the keepers thus far later.

Thanks...

To what K-Mart was saying... I tried to add a player just messing around and it said that I had too many people designated for the OP slot which isn't anywhere on the roster and it won't let me add him to my bench either... I tried to switch some guys around and everytime I do I get that same error message... Wierd...

June 26th, 2007, 4:16 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Well, I noticed that they changed the look of the site. So, maybe they have a few bugs to work out yet. We have about 2 months before the draft. So, hopefully everything will be working properly by then.

June 26th, 2007, 5:54 pm
Varsity 1st Team

Well, I noticed that they changed the look of the site. So, maybe they have a few bugs to work out yet. We have about 2 months before the draft. So, hopefully everything will be working properly by then.

I just need verification on the OP status to set my keepers. This will also influence a possible trade that I have brewing.

I thank you for you help and for running this complex and fun keeper league :D . You guys are really doing a good job!!

June 27th, 2007, 1:12 pm
Hall of Fame Player

BillySims wrote:

I just need verification on the OP status to set my keepers. This will also influence a possible trade that I have brewing.

I thank you for you help and for running this complex and fun keeper league :D . You guys are really doing a good job!!

I heard from Rhys_Pieces today. The OP position is no more. It is now a WR/RB position.

June 28th, 2007, 7:09 pm
Pop Warner Vet

Sorry about the info not being being passed clearly.

The OP has been changed to a RB/ WR slot.
Teams can select up to three keepers

Here are the keepers selected so far.

GRAND RAPIDS GLADIATORS (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Reggie Bush, NO RB
Eli Manning, NYG QB
Roy Williams, Det WR

WAGS' WARRIORS (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Not Selected
Not Selected
Not Selected

SLY'S SLUTS (Edit)
PLAYER POS
LaDainian Tomlinson, SD RB
Tom Brady, NE QB
Javon Walker, Den WR
TEAM BEACH BUMS (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Not Selected
Not Selected
Not Selected

PAC-MAN'S TANK (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Antonio Gates, SD TE
Chester Taylor, Min RB
Jon Kitna, Det QB

TEAM SEAMAN II (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Not Selected
Not Selected
Not Selected
COMPOST TURNER (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Steven Jackson, StL RB
Drew Brees, NO QB
Jerricho Cotchery, NYJ WR

RIDICULOUS RENEGADES (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Rudi Johnson, Cin RB
Marvin Harrison, Ind WR
Laurence Maroney, NE RB

RIVERVIEW BUCCANEERS (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Not Selected
Not Selected
Not Selected
BUSHY BEAVERS (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Not Selected
Not Selected
Not Selected

- SILVER RUSH (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Carnell Williams, TB RB
Lee Evans, Buf WR
Carson Palmer, Cin QB

EVERYDAY INMATE (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Not Selected
Not Selected
Not Selected
OSAMA THE LLAMA (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Not Selected
Not Selected
Not Selected

KINGSTON KRUSHERS (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Steve Smith, Car WR
Torry Holt, StL WR
Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac RB

ACE DEUCE BLAZERS (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Not Selected
Not Selected
Not Selected
DOWNTOWN DEVILS (Edit)
PLAYER POS
Not Selected
Not Selected
Not Selected

June 29th, 2007, 10:22 am
Pop Warner Vet

Regarding draft order it snakes after the keeper rounds.

June 29th, 2007, 10:32 am
RIP Killer

The Bushy Beavers, who played in the Super Bowl last year, have set their keepers for now:

QB - Marc Bulger
RB - Frank Gore
WR - Larry Fitzgerald

I'm open for trades. If you need a WR I've got both Fitz and Plaxico. If you need a RB, I have Droughns (now with the Giants) and LaMont Jordan.

I would consider packaging any of the 3 above as well cause you would have to potentially upgrade either my QB spot (and Bulger had the 3rd highest score in the league last year) or the RB spot (Gore ranked 4th).

June 29th, 2007, 11:10 am
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Is anybody else having problems logging into ESPN Fantasy anything today or is it just me? It appears that the entire thing is down, but I'm not sure.

As for the keepers submitted by 8 teams so far, I used a fairly complex, yet subjective system to rate them. IMO, Pablo has the best group of keepers so far, but I'm right behind him. Just a step below are the Renegades and Krushers in a virtual tie for third place. Everyone else isn't even close to the top four with Billy Sims having the worst keepers submitted thus far. :D

Of course I said that it is very subjective and other people may have players ranked differently, thus changing the results somewhat. With that said, the Beavers, Sluts, Renegades, and Krushers would still remain in the top four no matter how anyone rates the players selected as keepers so far. It looks like the defending champ is gonna be in trouble this year! :lol:

June 30th, 2007, 2:37 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Is anybody else having problems logging into ESPN Fantasy anything today or is it just me? It appears that the entire thing is down, but I'm not sure.

As for the keepers submitted by 8 teams so far, I used a fairly complex, yet subjective system to rate them. IMO, Pablo has the best group of keepers so far, but I'm right behind him. Just a step below are the Renegades and Krushers in a virtual tie for third place. Everyone else isn't even close to the top four with Billy Sims having the worst keepers submitted thus far. :D

Of course I said that it is very subjective and other people may have players ranked differently, thus changing the results somewhat. With that said, the Beavers, Sluts, Renegades, and Krushers would still remain in the top four no matter how anyone rates the players selected as keepers so far. It looks like the defending champ is gonna be in trouble this year! :lol:

I will have to rely on rookies. And Eli is due to step up if he is going to be anything special.

July 1st, 2007, 1:28 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Well, Eli sucks and so do you! :D I'm looking forward to kicking your behind during our matchups this season.

July 1st, 2007, 7:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next