View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 23rd, 2014, 7:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 ESPN League - Offseason Thread. 
Mr. Irrelevant

I got screwed... I had Tiki he freaking retired... My #2 is Chester Taylor and they drafted Peterson... Ugh... If that had not happened I would be sitting pretty with Kitna, Tiki and Taylor... Instead I am forced to keep a guy that is goiong to split snaps and a TE... Regoardless, we are goinog to be competitive this year...

July 1st, 2007, 7:04 pm
Varsity 1st Team

I got screwed... I had Tiki he freaking retired... My #2 is Chester Taylor and they drafted Peterson... Ugh... If that had not happened I would be sitting pretty with Kitna, Tiki and Taylor... Instead I am forced to keep a guy that is goiong to split snaps and a TE... Regoardless, we are goinog to be competitive this year...

Perhaps I can help. Check out my PM and the ESPN league.

July 6th, 2007, 7:36 am
Mr. Irrelevant

Is everyone that was in it last year going to be able to make it again? If not what happens to their players / teams?

July 7th, 2007, 5:59 pm
Veteran General Manager

Is everyone that was in it last year going to be able to make it again? If not what happens to their players / teams?

If someone that played last year doesn't show up this year, Rhys_Pieces and I will decide the keepers for that/those team/teams. And then we will search for a new owner each abandoned team.

July 8th, 2007, 1:11 am
Mr. Irrelevant

When is the deadline for them to show up? Since the deadline for keepers is the 25th it should be soon right?

So I am straight on roster positions... We are slotted to have 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 RB/WR and 2 WR slots?

I'm also announcing that Favre is on the trade block... I'm going to keep him at this point cause QB is so important in this league and well, I don't really have a 3rd good keeper...

He'll be more expensive after the season starts... Keep in mind that he was 10th in offensive points last year over every position, threw more times than Kitna and they are relying on a 2nd rd rookie RB to carry their running game this year... He and Kitna are probably going to duel it out for most pass attempts again this year... I just happen to have Kitna too... (I'm drinking the Honolulu Blue flavored Kool Aid)

July 8th, 2007, 5:53 pm
Cheerleader

holy crap I keep forgetting everyone from that league communicates through this site. I haven't been here in months and have been wondering what's going on in the league...

so Ok. I'm back. Ready to roll. Hopefully I'll actually make the draft (AND pre-rank) this year so i can come up with some sort of team!

woo!

so who wants to pull a trade for Chiefs' coach? hmm? anyone... didn't think so..

well he's available for those that need him.

but really- Gould anyone?

July 10th, 2007, 7:17 pm
Cheerleader

I will be retiring the Llama's name this year to opt for the more "intimidating":

Ando's Commandos

July 10th, 2007, 7:51 pm
Veteran General Manager

holy crap I keep forgetting everyone from that league communicates through this site. I haven't been here in months and have been wondering what's going on in the league...

That's because this is the only good Lions forum. LOL. Welcome back.

July 10th, 2007, 9:29 pm
Veteran General Manager

So far, everyone has set their keepers except for the following teams:

Riverview Buccaneers
Team Seaman II
Ace Deuce Blazers
Team Beach Bums
Martha Stewart Everyday Inmate

July 10th, 2007, 10:19 pm
Veteran General Manager

I made it official.

We now have 2 starters at the WR/RB spot.

I also added a WR/TE spot

I also added 2 Injured Reserve spots

And I reduced the total number of QB's anyone can have on their roster from 3 to 2. We no longer need 3 since the OP spot is history.

In case anyone is experiencing difficulty proposing trades, check to make sure no-one is in a position they don't qualify for.

I tried proposing a trade earlier to Murtle. But, it wouldn't let me because I had 3 players in positions they didn't qualify. Somehow a Linebacker was in a DT spot. I still had a QB in the old OP spot. And somehow, I had a DE
in a CB spot.
I don't know what went on with the ESPN site for most of the off season, but, I know I didn't stick any of those players there except for the QB in the OP spot.

So, just check your rosters carefully and just bench all non keepers if you are trying to propose a trade.

July 10th, 2007, 10:40 pm
Varsity 1st Team

I think you added too many RB spots.

Your addition gives the possibility of three RB's. What I like about the set-up we had prior to your change was that it had the makings of a real team. There is not many teams running the wishbone with three WRs and a TE.

This change will really stress RB's in a 16 person league. I am fine with the addition of the WR/TE with the large # of useable WR's (2 to 3 for each NFL team).

My suggestion is as follows:

1 QB
1 RB
1 RB/WR
2 WR
1 WR/TE
1 TE

Please advise as soon as possible. The extra RB position will effect my keeper decision as well as some possible trades. I'm sure some others will reconsider their keepers with the extra RB position.

July 11th, 2007, 2:13 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

I agree it does stretch the RB crop pretty thin... I'm on board with the roster spots that K-Mart has nominated...

July 11th, 2007, 3:02 pm
Veteran General Manager

I am trying to somewhat equalize the number of offensive players on each team with the number of defensive players. That is hard to do since there are no Offensive Linemen stats.

So, I just dropped back down to 1 WR/RB and added another WR starter and reduced the total number of RB's allowed on a roster to no more than 3.

July 11th, 2007, 3:12 pm
Varsity 1st Team

I still think that max 4 RB's on a team is better than three. Two starting and two in storage. This allows you to have a back up for bye weeks and the back-up RB to your stud.

For example the owner of LT could have R. Brown as a #2, T. Jones in storage for back-up on bye weeks and M. Turner to back up LT in case of a season injury.

It should be an owner's choice if they want to draft two, three or 4 RB's.

Just a thought.

Thanks for your effort behind this. This is a really fun league.

July 11th, 2007, 3:38 pm
Cheerleader

this is a tough situation (trying to equalize the amount of Off and Def players), but I would think that a few less Offensive guys is ok because they tend to put up more points.

I like the idea of

1 QB
1 RB
1 RB/WR
2 WR
1 WR/TE

even with this scenario, we have the option of starting 4 WR's... realistic, but perhaps excessive. I wouldn't mind even knocking the WR slot from 2 to 1 in this case, since we can still start WR's in 2 other positions. But either way... if someone is low on RB's and having bye problems and happens to have some good recievers, this will offer them some flexibility.

But I'd also like to be able to have 4 RB's on the roster. If it had to be 3, I'd be ok with that... it should help even out the offensive talent in the league. And I do like that there's only 1 RB slot to go with the flex RB/WR spot. sounds good. Whatever you guys decide should be ok with me.. .let's just figure it out relatively soon if possible.

July 11th, 2007, 4:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next