View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 26th, 2014, 5:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Who to keep? 
QB Coach

Post Who to keep?
I need some advice on who my keepers should be. We get 2 on offense and 2 on D. We start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR,1TE, 1K and 5IDP.

Philip Rivers (SD - QB)
Javon Walker (Den - WR)
Roy Williams (Det - WR)
Deuce McAllister (NO - RB)
Warrick Dunn (Atl - RB)
Todd Heap (Bal - TE)
Kevin Jones (Det - RB)
Carnell Williams (TB - RB)
Alge Crumpler (Atl - TE)
Benjamin Watson (NE - TE)
Joey Harrington (Mia - QB)
Joey Galloway (TB - WR)
Shayne Graham (Cin - K)
Antoine Winfield (Min - DB)
Sean Taylor (Was - DB)
Darrent Williams (Den - DB)
Landon Johnson (Cin - DL)
Gibril Wilson (NYG - DB)

I am leaning towards Roy and one of the backs for offense but I have no idea who to go with on D. Also I could pick up Michael "The Burner" Turner anticipating that he signs to be a starter somewhere next offseason, (we can change our keepers so once I find out I could swap him) and David Thorton is the best available on D.

Who do I go with?

December 28th, 2006, 1:16 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Who to keep?
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
I need some advice on who my keepers should be. We get 2 on offense and 2 on D. We start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR,1TE, 1K and 5IDP.

Philip Rivers (SD - QB)
Javon Walker (Den - WR)
Roy Williams (Det - WR)
Deuce McAllister (NO - RB)
Warrick Dunn (Atl - RB)
Todd Heap (Bal - TE)
Kevin Jones (Det - RB)
Carnell Williams (TB - RB)
Alge Crumpler (Atl - TE)
Benjamin Watson (NE - TE)
Joey Harrington (Mia - QB)
Joey Galloway (TB - WR)
Shayne Graham (Cin - K)
Antoine Winfield (Min - DB)
Sean Taylor (Was - DB)
Darrent Williams (Den - DB)
Landon Johnson (Cin - DL)
Gibril Wilson (NYG - DB)

I am leaning towards Roy and one of the backs for offense but I have no idea who to go with on D. Also I could pick up Michael "The Burner" Turner anticipating that he signs to be a starter somewhere next offseason, (we can change our keepers so once I find out I could swap him) and David Thorton is the best available on D.

Who do I go with?

This is a tough one.

Your RBs are a problem. KJ may not be back right away next year, if he'll even come off the PUP list. Time will tell. IF you have faith that the will...keep him. Otherwise, no thanks.

Dunn...still a good runner, but he will be 32 next month. He doesn't have A LOT of wear, but enough. Jerious Norwood showed he can supplant Dunn and should soon...next year? Dunno.

Deuce...should be around to see a good amount of time next season. I don't see Bush as the Saints #1 RB next season, so Deuce could be a keeper...his 10 TDs are nice.

Williams - he stunk this season and his OL was worse. Until Tampa gets a real QB that doesn't suck, they're going to be hurting. Sure, Simms' contract was extended, but whoop dee doo. Until he stops throwing 1 TD and 7 INTs in only 3 games, they're going to be passing a lot. Their defense is getting old and won't be as good as they have been. They're going to stink again next season and they're going to be passing to play catch up in games.

Roy is a keeper IMO. With Martz more than likely coming back, you've got a sure-1000 yard receiver to hold on to. Generally WRs start excelling more after their 3rd year. However, despite that, Walker has stats almost better than Roy's. It all depends on Jay Cutler. I think the Lions passing offense will fair better than Denver's next season...

TE is a position where, if you grab a superstud, you keep him. I like Watson the most out of all those guys, especially considering Brady has nobody else and Watson is his main man...not to mention, Brady is probably the most consistent in the game.

Heap and Crumpler are excellent TEs and Crumpler is the focal point of the Falcons pass-catching offense. Both put up similar stats this year, but I think Crumpler is the better out of the two.

December 29th, 2006, 6:52 pm
Hall of Fame Player

The other day in the ESPN league, I picked up Michael Turner and Priest Holmes from FA.

Question 1. Will Holmes make it back to what he used to be?

Question 2. Will Turner be traded to a team that will make him the #1 RB?

I only picked these guys up because they were available and both could potentialy be usefull next season.

I have KJ. But, I think his career is in serious jeapardy, if not, over.

December 29th, 2006, 9:48 pm
Stadium Announcer

Yeah I got the same problem Billy. I picked up RB Brandon Jacobs in our keeper league with the idea that Tiki Barber would in fact retire. Will he? If he does I have a few difficult decisions to make myself.

January 1st, 2007, 4:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]