View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2014, 2:03 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Posting note... 
Site Admin

Post Posting note...
I understand that there is a TON of passion behind what we all believe. I understand that this seems like a frustrasting period of time in our nation. I understand we support possibly one of the worst franchises in the history of sports. But I ask you guy to please temper the name calling. I love the discussion and debate...I love it when people cite sources and debate the issues. I don't like it however when it get's personel and the put downs start coming out. It has seemed to escalate a bit more lately and although I don't like to moderate the board heavily I will have no problem handing out time outs if it continues to be a problem. You are not proving your point by calling someone a name...in fact you cheapen your position and loose credibility. Just realize that a well made constructive point that is well developed is much more likely to sway public opinion than blasting someone and refering to them as a feminine hygene product. Lastly, forums are fun but are also a terrible way to communicate...it's far too easy to misconstrue the intention of someone's post. Despite our differences politically and whatnot I think we would be surprised how well most of us would get along in person. Let's try a bit harder to treat one another with respect.

January 18th, 2007, 3:47 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

I believe that in light of some of the recent discussion here, Alpha's point needs to be reiterated, perhaps especially this part:

TheAlphaMale wrote:
You are not proving your point by calling someone a name...in fact you cheapen your position and loose credibility

Please take time to re-read his post and please think before posting your comments in all forums on this website. I too am not above handing out time-outs or even just locking threads that I feel are starting to stray in the wrong direction. As Alpha stated, we do not like to moderate heavily, but if need be we could definitely start. Again, please think before you post and try to remember the golden rule:

Quote:
treat others as you would like to be treated

Joe Fauria, MVP!

April 30th, 2008, 5:27 pm
Modmin Dude

Post Re: Off Topic note...
This might be a good time to reiterate the message in OP. Please try to remember that this is an internet forum about a sports team.

Joe Fauria, MVP!

November 28th, 2011, 4:33 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ]