View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 20th, 2014, 6:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 what to do... 
Heisman Winner

Post what to do...
In my money league this year I have the 12th pick out of 12 teams. Last year we had 10 teams and I was the 10th pick in that as well. The league gives one point per reception and 1 point per 20 yards rushing/receiving. My question is what to do with the first two picks. I'm considering taking two top tier WRs and hope that a couple of gems of RBs might be left that I can get by with. Now I would only do this if Manning and Palmer are off the table, and if none of my top rated RBs are left. But even still I might consider doing it just because the point per reception plays such a huge roll. Does anyone think this is a horrible idea?

July 28th, 2007, 1:14 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I'd have to know what the points are for QBs first. If it's 1 point for 25 yards passing, I'd grab a QB. If it's more like 1 point for 50 yards passing, I'd take a WR and a pass catching RB like Westbrook if still available.

July 28th, 2007, 5:05 pm
Heisman Winner

indeed it is 1 point per 50 throwing and -2 for ints. Westbrook and Bush are my top two RBs that I think might still be available at 12.

July 28th, 2007, 11:15 pm
Baton Girl

You know, wr's are so wishy washy, all or nothing normally. Go with at least one solid rb (best available) so you have an ace in the hole. wr's are way too inconsistant to bet both your 1st and 2nd round picks on them

August 8th, 2007, 8:34 am
RIP Killer

You know, wr's are so wishy washy, all or nothing normally. Go with at least one solid rb (best available) so you have an ace in the hole. wr's are way too inconsistant to bet both your 1st and 2nd round picks on them

That is excellent advice. Plus, having Westbrook and Bush is almost like having a RB and a WR anyway. Bush had only 565 yards rushing last year and didn't have a single run over 20 yards in 155 attempts. He did have 742 receiving yards. Westbrook is also no slouch in the receiving game putting up 700 yards last year.

August 8th, 2007, 9:21 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Frank Gore could be around with the 12th pick, though I could see him as the #2 back taken. Hell, Steven Jackson racks up big points (he had 90 freakin' grabs last year and like 2300 all-purpose yards), I'd take him at #12 in a heartbeat. McGahee in Buffalo should be a beast this year.

Thomas Jones in New York should put up pretty good stats, though he doesn't have good hands...would be a great backup in Rd 4 or so.

A QB in the later rounds is smart, I think Leinart is a good option this year...as well as Garcia. They'll net you some good points consistently and won't leave you relying on them.

I had planned on getting a draft list out this weekend. I usually have a horrible draft (because I can't make it, or the draft just F's up and I get stuck taking some super turd in Rd 5 or something, like last year).

August 9th, 2007, 7:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]