View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 21st, 2014, 12:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Fantasy Football Playoff Matchup Program 
RIP Killer

Post Fantasy Football Playoff Matchup Program
I got bored at lunch one day and I created an program using excel to input Matt Buser's Matchup Management chart from Yahoo and calculate via the schedule what the best matchups weeks 14,15,16.

Depending on your playoff schedule {weeks 14,15,16(3) or weeks 15,16(2)} I made a couple charts to help figure out what players you should start looking at picking up or trading for to get the best matchups for the playoffs, if youu make the playoffs.

I linked the charts in to pics here:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v291/step1988/Fantasy_Matchup/

Pretty easy to read, each team is at the bottom of the chart. The name of the file indicates matchup(ie. Pass, Rec, Run, Kick) and a number{IE, 2(weeks 15,16) or 3(weeks14,15,16)}. Basically the program adds up a teams total opponents fantasy points allowed, per Yahoo's base configuration, and then plots it in the charts. The blue line just takes the top score, drops 10% off of it to give you a guideline for the top matchups.

For example, on Pass2, Buffalo has the best matchup of teams per their opponents weeks 14 and 15. I took 10% of their matchups totals and you can see what other one are in the ball park.

Take it for what you wish, but for me I like data (I'm an enginerd and this got me a 2nd and 2 first last year). I think you'll find it helpful, I'm starting to try and make soem trades for some guys right now, ie I'd love to get Moroney and Addai for playoff purposes for a 15,16 week type playoff system.

What you guys think? If people a re interested, I update this every week after the article comes out. Possible "Sticky" if it is realy helpful.

October 25th, 2007, 10:39 am
QB Coach

I was just checking this out and I think it would be a very helpful tool. hopefully I make the playoffs so I am able to use it.

October 25th, 2007, 12:11 pm
QB Coach

Any chance you do this again this year? I found it useful when trying to target players for trades and FA pickups.

November 18th, 2008, 2:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]