View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 3:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Contrarian Draft Investor 
Fair Weather Fan

Post Contrarian Draft Investor
Since discovering Lionsbacker.com I find myself reading it constantly. I really enjoy it. Until today...

I found the article by Tom B. confusing. Maybe I'm just stupid but about 6 or 7 hundred paragraphs into it I fell asleep. Maybe I just don't know football but I did not find it to be your usual informative and entertaining fare. Oh well they can't all be great right? Keep up the good work--I'm still a loyal reader!

Did I mention that I've been a stock broker for almost 20 years?

April 12th, 2005, 2:04 pm
Site Admin

I would have to disagree. I found it very informative and easy to read and I am no stock broker. This site offer a variety of diverse opinions and not just one persons take. For the most part all of the writers have their own takes as is obvious in the many mock drafts. There is no uniform Lionbacker agenda. I am glad you read often and hope you continue to.

Anyways, to each their own but I liked Tom's writing. He makes a case and backs it up very well.

April 12th, 2005, 2:12 pm
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Vet

Tom is smarter than me and that is clear but I thought it was very well done =D>

April 12th, 2005, 2:17 pm
RIP Killer

Ditto. Glad you have been enjoying the site. We currently have 9 contributing writers (and growing), and as Alpha pointed out each has his own style.

Tom's is very detailed in his analysis, I can see how this might not appeal to everyone. I think others will find it one of the more interesting articles. It's a matter of taste.

BTW - if you are a stock broker, you can't be all that stupid. I mean PE ratios, options pricing, derivatives, futures, conversion arbitrage, delta ratios, etc.. Some of that can get pretty complex.

Any tips you'd like to share? :lol:

April 12th, 2005, 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I thought the article was great and I learned a lot. Great job Tom. notworthy.gif

April 12th, 2005, 2:54 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I enjoyed the article Tom...as a matter of fact I dont think there has been a bad article here anyways, this site has a lot of knowledgeable writers and I learn quite a bit.

Michael Huff for DROY

April 12th, 2005, 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Vet

This article took me quite some time in which I actually should have been working, but I really liked it. hello2.gif

April 12th, 2005, 6:14 pm
Post Contrarian draft article
Well I can see that others enjoyed it, and that's okay.... For me it was too much work to read it. I like lionbacker.com because it's entertaining to me and of course i like the Lions. To each his own. To Tom: I enjoy all the articles and although I never paid much attention as to the writer I am sure that i have read your work in the past and enjoyed it so no slam intended.

April 13th, 2005, 1:26 pm
Fair Weather Fan

I'm kind of with blu on this one. to long and slow for me.

April 13th, 2005, 3:12 pm
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

Believe me Blu, I do not mind. I am glad you had the balls to over a negative review. Some people are too ashamed or kind. Truth is you learn more from negative reviews than flattery.

Also, for all reviewers, writers appreciate any opinion, but when you can reference your comments to the text or to a concrete idea it is far more useful and likely to be incorporated in future work.

BTW blu, how are you hedging your clients against this buzz about a super-spike? Any ideas?

April 13th, 2005, 5:38 pm
Fair Weather Fan

Post Contrarian Draft
I'm telling everyone to buy a bicycle.

April 15th, 2005, 11:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]