View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2014, 12:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Why is this place dead? 
RIP Killer

Post Why is this place dead?
Mods don't post anymore, people are leaving, boards are dead. This is more than just a offseason slump, this had been happening for years. Maybe we need to freshn things up a bid, put on some deodorant?

July 15th, 2009, 12:12 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Why is this place dead?
steensn wrote:
Mods don't post anymore, people are leaving, boards are dead. This is more than just a offseason slump, this had been happening for years. Maybe we need to freshn things up a bid, put on some deodorant?

I think there are many factors. People are busier, it is the typical dead zone of the season, and we just came off the worst season in NFL history. People are a little burned out of talking about how bad the Lions are, and even more burned out on talking up the team when in the past we have done that and gotten burned.

Give us a couple wins, a much more competitive product, and I'm sure this forum will light up like a Christmas tree.

July 15th, 2009, 12:16 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I still check in at least twice a day for updates.. but typically I am more of a reader than commenter. Of course if I have something to contribute, I will. :)

NEVER GIVE UP!

July 15th, 2009, 12:25 pm
Modmin Dude

steensn wrote:

Hey man, I'm posting! (or at least trying to :wink: )

I agree with m2k, it's that slow time of year and I'm sure most Lions fans are trying to temper their excitement for this season. I'm sure it will pick up once the draft picks start signing and we get closer to training camp.

but I'm sure you putting on some deodorant for once wouldn't hurt either! :lol: :wink:

Go Lions! headbang.gif

Joe Fauria, MVP!

July 15th, 2009, 12:34 pm
RIP Killer

It is summer time, we all needed a break from the disaster that was 2009.

July 15th, 2009, 12:40 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

It is summer time, we all needed a break from the disaster that was 2009.

What disaster, I thought we had a record setting year!

July 15th, 2009, 12:51 pm
League MVP

hey man, Im posting like a mad-man...course it has more to do with being stuck at a boring badonkadonk desk job for a couple of months instead of doing what I normally do.....but hey...Im trying!

July 15th, 2009, 1:34 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

I've been pickin up more work lately, few websites for gun shops, and NJ gun laws have gotten worse, so its been a headache of a summer. I try to keep up with the posts, and post when i can, but last few weeks has been nuts.

July 19th, 2009, 1:28 am
Red Shirt Freshman

I'll try to post more. I will admit I slowed down quite a bit cause honestly I saw the forum slowing down in a whole and things where getting quite repetitive.

However I miss quite a few of your guys' posts, so I will be back around.

August 22nd, 2010, 1:47 am
Veteran General Manager

I don't think it's just the typical slow down. Other sites are quite lively with new posts fairly consistently. Most other sites have a particular distinguishing feature. The LUG has pretty much affiliated with Sirius NFL Radio And started a spin off site called Sirius Football Heads. Footballs Future has a variety of Mock Draft Forums plus a forum for each NFL Team. So, they both get fans from every team visiting those sites constantly.

August 22nd, 2010, 9:54 am
RIP Killer

I'm around, reading the posts, banning spammers...but it's also hard to post with a new baby and going through training for a nuclear operator license (18 months of 50-60 hrs a week)

August 23rd, 2010, 8:10 am
Player of the Year - Offense

HEY YOU GUYS! Sorry weak Goonies impression via email!

Anyway, why don't some of you MODS with connections openly reach out to Zack Follet, or Caleb Campbell, to get them on the board for a Q and A time?

We did it four or five years ago, with that TE, and his mom was on the site too!

That would be kind of cool to open up a chat room like the days we have games and allow some personal contact with these guys. If we could get other players that would only sweetin the mix.

Justin Idea

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

August 24th, 2010, 11:39 am
RIP Killer

That is actually a great idea! I didn't even know we did that last time!

August 24th, 2010, 12:18 pm
Modmin Dude

steensn wrote:
That is actually a great idea! I didn't even know we did that last time!

Neither did I.

DD-Who are you talking about? Who was the player?

Joe Fauria, MVP!

August 24th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Player of the Year - Offense

I think his number wsa 86, he was a dark honolulu blue guy, and he played TE. It might have been the Detroitlions web site that did it, but I thought it was here.

Dudes mom used to come quite regular, and she was a fan favorite. He got hurt, (shoulder I think) and didn't play much. Was here two years at most, and then got traded out west, if I remember right.

I would target Zack Follet, he's gonna be your best bet, because he's already a fan favorite on FB. He could put you in touch with Caleb Campbell and maybe some others, who knows. The negotiations would be up to y'all.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

August 24th, 2010, 2:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next