HARD HITTING DETROIT LIONS FORUM
http://www.lionbacker.com/forum/

Rival Sites
http://www.lionbacker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3055
Page 1 of 2

Author:  adpreston1385 [ October 12th, 2005, 4:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Rival Sites

I noticed (when visiting the Panthers site this week) that the site has links to all of the rival sites in our "clan". I was wondering if someone could post that for the users at lionbacker as well. I know you guys post the rival site every week in the post, but I think it would also be beneficial to have links to every rival site. Anyways, I was browsing the other rival sites and pretty every site was very impressive!! It's always helpful to look at different sports' sites to get new ideas.

Author:  Pablo [ October 13th, 2005, 12:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rival Sites

adpreston1385 wrote:
I noticed (when visiting the Panthers site this week) that the site has links to all of the rival sites in our "clan". I was wondering if someone could post that for the users at lionbacker as well. I know you guys post the rival site every week in the post, but I think it would also be beneficial to have links to every rival site. Anyways, I was browsing the other rival sites and pretty every site was very impressive!! It's always helpful to look at different sports' sites to get new ideas.


adpreston1385,

if you click on this logo on the front page (and some other pages) you will go to the Football Rivals homepage: http://www.football-rivals.com/

Image

You can click on any of the helmets that don't have "open" on them and check out that teams alliance site.

Author:  adpreston1385 [ October 13th, 2005, 9:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Rival Sites

Pablo wrote:
adpreston1385 wrote:
I noticed (when visiting the Panthers site this week) that the site has links to all of the rival sites in our "clan". I was wondering if someone could post that for the users at lionbacker as well. I know you guys post the rival site every week in the post, but I think it would also be beneficial to have links to every rival site. Anyways, I was browsing the other rival sites and pretty every site was very impressive!! It's always helpful to look at different sports' sites to get new ideas.


adpreston1385,

if you click on this logo on the front page (and some other pages) you will go to the Football Rivals homepage: http://www.football-rivals.com/

Image

You can click on any of the helmets that don't have "open" on them and check out that teams alliance site.



Yeah, I see where it is now. Thanks a lot :wink: !

Author:  adpreston1385 [ October 15th, 2005, 12:23 am ]
Post subject: 

I was just browsing at sports forums and I think I've found some sites to fill the vacancies in our FRN. Here they are:

Baltimore Ravens:
Cleveland Browns: http://www.dawgbones.com/
Indianapolis Colts: http://www.indybluecrew.com/, http://www.coltfreaks.com/forums/
Houston Texans: http://www.texanstalk.com/cgi-bin/forums/YaBB.pl, http://www.houstonprofootball.com/
Tennessee Titans: http://www.gotitans.com/misc.shtml
Denver Broncos: http://www.broncosfreak.com/
San Diego Chargers: http://www.glorifythepast.com/
New York Giants:
Tampa Bay Bucaneers: http://www.pewterreport.com/links.asp
Arizona Cardinals:
St. Louis Rams: http://www.clanram.com/, http://planetrams.2.forumer.com/
Seattle Seahawks: http://www.seahawksal.com/

The only sites I couldn't get were the Baltimore Ravens, New York Giants, and Arizona Cardinals. Anyways, I hope this information can be helpful to whoever is in charge of the football rival network. Try contracting the administrator at these different websites and see if any of the sites want to join in. I posted mulitple websites for some teams, so just decide which website is the best. Thanks.

PS - I know some of the sites don't have a direct link to them (I'm not sure why), so you'll have to copy and paste the site.

Author:  Brian [ October 15th, 2005, 3:04 am ]
Post subject: 

adpreston - almost all the sites you suggested are in another alliance, the F2FA. It'd be best not to advertise rival alliance's sites on a site in our alliance. Football Rivals is doing it's part to add quality sites on a continuous basis. They go through an thorough evaluation, are voted on, and then offered admission to the alliance or not.

Author:  adpreston1385 [ October 15th, 2005, 12:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

Brian wrote:
adpreston - almost all the sites you suggested are in another alliance, the F2FA. It'd be best not to advertise rival alliance's sites on a site in our alliance. Football Rivals is doing it's part to add quality sites on a continuous basis. They go through an thorough evaluation, are voted on, and then offered admission to the alliance or not.


How do you know which sites belong to a different alliance?

Author:  Brian [ October 15th, 2005, 12:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

adpreston1385 wrote:
How do you know which sites belong to a different alliance?


They don't have a Football Rivals logo on the front page, and they have a F2FA logo on the front page.

BTW - I hope you're ready for Pioneer to put a shellacking on Huron next week. You're homecoming king is going to wish he never would have to play this game.

Author:  adpreston1385 [ October 15th, 2005, 3:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

Brian wrote:
adpreston1385 wrote:
How do you know which sites belong to a different alliance?


They don't have a Football Rivals logo on the front page, and they have a F2FA logo on the front page.

BTW - I hope you're ready for Pioneer to put a shellacking on Huron next week. You're homecoming king is going to wish he never would have to play this game.


LOL :lol: !!! We'll see!! :wink:

Author:  adpreston1385 [ October 15th, 2005, 4:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

Indianapolis Colts: http://www.indybluecrew.com/,
Houston Texans: http://www.texanstalk.com/cgi-bin/forums/YaBB.pl, http://www.houstonprofootball.com/
Tampa Bay Bucaneers: http://www.pewterreport.com/links.asp
St. Louis Rams: http://planetrams.2.forumer.com/
Seattle Seahawks: http://www.seahawksal.com/



Okay, about half the sites I listed earlier were in the F2FA alliance, but I just deleted all of the ones that were. The ones I have above have no affiliation with any alliance, as far as I know. All of them are quality sites so I would definitely try recruiting them to join the FRN!! If you have any questions please reply!!

Author:  Brian [ October 16th, 2005, 12:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

adpreston1385 wrote:
Indianapolis Colts: http://www.indybluecrew.com/,
Houston Texans: http://www.texanstalk.com/cgi-bin/forums/YaBB.pl, http://www.houstonprofootball.com/
Tampa Bay Bucaneers: http://www.pewterreport.com/links.asp
St. Louis Rams: http://planetrams.2.forumer.com/
Seattle Seahawks: http://www.seahawksal.com/



Okay, about half the sites I listed earlier were in the F2FA alliance, but I just deleted all of the ones that were. The ones I have above have no affiliation with any alliance, as far as I know. All of them are quality sites so I would definitely try recruiting them to join the FRN!! If you have any questions please reply!!


Each of those sites has already been looked at, thanks.

Author:  adpreston1385 [ October 16th, 2005, 1:06 pm ]
Post subject: 

Brian wrote:
adpreston1385 wrote:
Indianapolis Colts: http://www.indybluecrew.com/,
Houston Texans: http://www.texanstalk.com/cgi-bin/forums/YaBB.pl, http://www.houstonprofootball.com/
Tampa Bay Bucaneers: http://www.pewterreport.com/links.asp
St. Louis Rams: http://planetrams.2.forumer.com/
Seattle Seahawks: http://www.seahawksal.com/



Okay, about half the sites I listed earlier were in the F2FA alliance, but I just deleted all of the ones that were. The ones I have above have no affiliation with any alliance, as far as I know. All of them are quality sites so I would definitely try recruiting them to join the FRN!! If you have any questions please reply!!


Each of those sites has already been looked at, thanks.


We don't like any of them??!!

Author:  Brian [ October 21st, 2005, 3:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

adpreston1385 wrote:
Brian wrote:
adpreston1385 wrote:
How do you know which sites belong to a different alliance?


They don't have a Football Rivals logo on the front page, and they have a F2FA logo on the front page.

BTW - I hope you're ready for Pioneer to put a shellacking on Huron next week. You're homecoming king is going to wish he never would have to play this game.


LOL :lol: !!! We'll see!! :wink:


No, no winking needed. Franklin will run for over 150 yards and that should be well enough to put the game out of reach by the 3rd quarter.

BTW - The "green house" chant is probably the stupidest chant i've heard.

Author:  theAlphaMale [ October 21st, 2005, 3:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hey adpreston and Brian...don't make me knock your books on the floor :lol:

Author:  adpreston1385 [ October 21st, 2005, 5:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

Brian wrote:
adpreston1385 wrote:
Brian wrote:
adpreston1385 wrote:
How do you know which sites belong to a different alliance?


They don't have a Football Rivals logo on the front page, and they have a F2FA logo on the front page.

BTW - I hope you're ready for Pioneer to put a shellacking on Huron next week. You're homecoming king is going to wish he never would have to play this game.


LOL :lol: !!! We'll see!! :wink:


No, no winking needed. Franklin will run for over 150 yards and that should be well enough to put the game out of reach by the 3rd quarter.

BTW - The "green house" chant is probably the stupidest chant i've heard.


Then you don't know anything about good chants. We'll be chanting "green house" throughout the entire game. Huron kids love that cheer!!

Author:  Brian [ October 22nd, 2005, 12:11 pm ]
Post subject: 

adpreston1385 wrote:
Then you don't know anything about good chants. We'll be chanting "green house" throughout the entire game. Huron kids love that cheer!!


Huron kids know nothing about chants. Chanting "overrated" in the 1st quarter with 9:00 left. That's the only time they could have said it because the game was all downhill from there.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/