View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 23rd, 2014, 6:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Why, Lionbacker, why? 
Fair Weather Fan

Post Why, Lionbacker, why?
For the past couple weeks, you've been previewing wide receiver prospects. Why? Why should we care about Santonio Holmes, or the top 10 receivers? The Lions aren't going to actually draft any of them; why not focus on defensive ends, tight ends, linebackers, offensive linemen, defensive backs, and quarterbacks (though in your defense, you did scout Matt Leinart)? Wouldn't those positions provide much more useful fodder than talking about Santonio Holmes?

February 17th, 2006, 10:04 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: Why, Lionbacker, why?
Laimbrane wrote:
For the past couple weeks, you've been previewing wide receiver prospects. Why? Why should we care about Santonio Holmes, or the top 10 receivers? The Lions aren't going to actually draft any of them; why not focus on defensive ends, tight ends, linebackers, offensive linemen, defensive backs, and quarterbacks (though in your defense, you did scout Matt Leinart)? Wouldn't those positions provide much more useful fodder than talking about Santonio Holmes?

That is what we thought last year as well! :lol:

Actually, we cover every position in terms of both free agency and the draft. Lions fans, more so than most teams, are really into the draft (for obvious reasons). As result, we cover the draft pretty in depth, even if that means going over positions and players you might not think the Lions would take.

Plus a lot of things can happen between now and the draft. What if the Lions release CRog? Again, you just need to look to last year to realize that you never know what the Lions are going to do.

February 17th, 2006, 10:18 am
Profile WWW
Lionbacker Rehab Guru

I figured you were getting the meaningless players out of the way before you focused on the O and D down linemen and the linebackers.

February 17th, 2006, 10:24 am
Pop Warner Rookie

I think that it's awesome that every position is covered, some of these guys may slip on draft day and we might pick them up later. You never know on draft day especially with the LIONS! downtown.gif

February 17th, 2006, 10:52 am
Site Admin

I don't think many people realize the depth of coverage that Lionbacker gives during the season and offseason. Unlike many other sites we produce original material every day during the work week. We have draft coverage that make Kiper look like a he works one day a year(which is pretty much the case because he is so focused on perfected that hair helmut). We cover the Lions and the draft more closely than the Lions site, ESPN, NFL.com, Detnews, freep, and all the Lions fan sites combined. Pablo is too humble to talk about how much work they put into the site but they bust their asses writing and keeping the site current and relevant. Not only that our writers are not just slappy fans...these guys not only can write but understand the game really well. I can say that cause I DO NOT write cause anything I produce would be completely subpar. We enetered the Huddles draft competition last year and finished 2nd thanks to our writer Brian Diez...2nd only to Rick Gosselin.

http://www.lionbacker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1367

Anyways...I am not a horn tooter but Lionbacker is the best because these guys work so damn hard.
[Except me...I just ban people :shock: ]

Last edited by theAlphaMale on February 17th, 2006, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 17th, 2006, 11:31 am
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Vet

Leave out the last sentence and I perfectly agree with Alpha. :arrow:

February 17th, 2006, 1:07 pm
Modmin Dude

Leave out the last sentence and I perfectly agree with Alpha. :arrow:

TheAlphaMale wrote:
[Except me...I just ban people :shock: ]

That's true, that is all he does :lol:

February 17th, 2006, 1:20 pm
NFL Team Captain

Well, I have to say thatI really enjoy the site and who ever is responsible - Keep Up The Great Work and Thanks! :wink:

February 18th, 2006, 10:58 am
RIP Killer

Pablo, Alpha, and the rest of the staff sure do put in a lot of time and effort to make this site the best Lions site on the web!

The writers put up some amazing articles - I remember the "Kobayshi Maru" (SP?) being a huge hit for like 3 weeks. Even the mods are writing articles!

This site has SO much information. For example, someone asked for an All-Time Lions team...we already have one! I didn't know that until Pablo pointed it out. There's tons of information. I find something new every day...okay, every week.

February 18th, 2006, 12:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]