View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 18th, 2014, 3:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Admins 
Red Shirt Freshman

Post Admins
Lionbacker Admins = Power Hungry!

No I am kidding, but with all the posts they lock for repeats, you would think they would at least try to keep threads on subject, I hate going through 6 pages on a thread and 5 posts have to do with the Subject.

This post was pointless, senseless, and annoying not to mention not necessary. I just figured I would annoy authority like they annoy me =D.

Anyways, you guys are doing a good job. Keep it up.

Also if a thread falls past page 1, and there is new breaking news on that subject am I allowed to repost? Also could be get a updated list of rules? Seems like a lot of the rules I see enforced are not covered in the Sticky.

March 6th, 2007, 3:21 am
Rookie Player of the Year

LOL.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks

March 6th, 2007, 4:15 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Wilson - I do agree that sometimes posts get off topic...but if we had Randy McMichael being released by the Fins in two different sections...it gets cluttered very quickly. Therefore, those posts are locked. In addition, there's a thread for KFFL "breaking news". That's not to say someone can't post a thread saying Travis Henry was released, should we pick him up? But if there's a post already saying that, then why start another? Been there, done that...it sucks and people complain.

March 6th, 2007, 9:13 am
Red Shirt Freshman

Moved to feedback! lol

Wilson - I do agree that sometimes posts get off topic...but if we had Randy McMichael being released by the Fins in two different sections...it gets cluttered very quickly. Therefore, those posts are locked. In addition, there's a thread for KFFL "breaking news". That's not to say someone can't post a thread saying Travis Henry was released, should we pick him up? But if there's a post already saying that, then why start another? Been there, done that...it sucks and people complain.

Lols, Im not complaining, was just bored and figured I would give the Admins a hard time. I am just happy that Lionbacker has active Admins that care about these forums, other wise they would get way out of control and Lionbacker wouldn't be set apart from the rest of the lame Lions forums.

March 6th, 2007, 9:18 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

From past experience, I can tell you that a php board doesn't have the capability of merging threads. That would fix the duplicate post problem without having to lock them. That's something that php should change, but I don't know if they will. However, there is the option available to split threads. Whenever a subject goes off into a totally different topic, the mods or admins have the ability to split the appropriate posts into a completely different thread. That's something that probably could have been done a few times here recently, but it's no big deal. All in all, I think the mods and admins are doing an excellent job, as well.

March 7th, 2007, 7:22 pm
Site Admin

Thanks for the feedback Wilson...we always welcome new ideas and suggestions here. And yes...I am power hungry...and somehow I am still starving :shock:

I do agree that threads tend to meander and move away from the topic but IMO that is the natural course for any good coversation just like one would have with their buddies...that being said it can get overwhelming when someone like myself turns every thread into a hate Millen fest cause I am so fedup :lol:

The other issue is that I hate micromanagment. To me it requires time and the value of it is really at least at this point not worth the expense. I am a busy boy and so are most folks here so staying on top of the threads and keeping them clean is a near impossibility and any attempt to micromanage would lead to IMO a great amount of inconsistency and requiring mods and admins to read everything and judge the "applicability" of the posts within the topics. And on the boards that are kept so tight you have a lot of people get frustrated at the mods complaining about their topics being moved or split ect...this is a much more "organic" approach and has thus far worked pretty well.

For now we do our best by redirecting repeated topics and attempting to catagorize some things like KFFL type news as conversion mentioned. IF you have ideas that could further help with organization of the site in regards to sections, where we can redirect posts, etc...please please provide it. We want this board to be easy to use and clean but at the same time not kill our already non-existent social lives :wink:

Our main philosophy about the board though is to encourage the good rational and intellegent discussion of the Lions, the NFL, and other things. We have a lot of very knowldgeable and highly opinionated posters and I love it. I learn from you guys every day and am humbled by the vast array of knowledge on the boards. Having been on a multitude of boards on many different topics I have to say I really love this place and respect the posters.

Again, any input on suggested improvements to the headings of sections or adding or removal of stuff...please post it!

Best Regards,

James a.k.a. alpha

March 8th, 2007, 12:47 pm
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Vet

I noticed in the " off topic " forum your getting out of country drug website posts.

March 10th, 2007, 2:53 am
I noticed in the " off topic " forum your getting out of country drug website posts.

It happens from time to time... They don't last long and the bot posters quickly have their accounts deleted.

March 10th, 2007, 9:11 am
Rookie Player of the Year

the one on mLive, there's one at http://www.lionsfans.com ... and there used to be an official one at detroitlions.com and there are a few that are unmoderated- or so it seems. This is the only forum that's moderated and most of the posters are literate. The other ones are filled with trolls and the uneducated. This is the best Lions forum I've found.

The only complaint I have is that I think it could be more aesthetically pleasing. Other than that, KUDOS to the admins and mods.

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks

March 17th, 2007, 6:17 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]