View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2014, 3:42 am



Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Do we have to crack on people for their spelling & gramm 
Author Message
Bubbles the Lion

Joined: December 13th, 2005, 10:17 am
Posts: 62
Location: Covington Louisiana
Post Do we have to crack on people for their spelling & gramm
I find it a little troubling that some of us on this board find it necesary to make fun of other's for their bad spelling and grammer.
What in the world makes some of you think because you know the propper spelling and use of punctuation,that gives you the right to make fun of and belittle others who do not? Do you think that you have superior intelligence and therefor the right to make other people feel bad about themselves? If in fact that was the case and you DO have superior intelligence, you would already know that by doing things like this you make yourself and the rest of us look like self important A-holes.

If you know what the poster is trying to say or the point he or she is trying to get accross their is no need to point out that they mis-spelled this or didn't put an apostrophe there. Pointing out someone elses flaw's in no way makes your own any better. Truley intelligent people do not need to point out other's weaknesses. Try and support each other here and not make each other feel poorly about ourselves. We've all got enough to feel bad about considering that we are Lions fan's.

_________________
Dominate on 3. One. Two. Three. DOMINATE!!!!


April 1st, 2006, 8:21 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 1:25 am
Posts: 4918
Location: Hills of Auburn
Post Re: Do we have to crack on people for their spelling & g
trippndrummer wrote:
accross
:shock:

jkjkjk


I agree...but there isn't a forum where you don't have a grammer/spelling nazi. You just can't take them seriously :roll:

_________________
Regards, Alpha|Lionbacker.com \(^o^)/
"I date this girl for two years and then the nagging starts: I wanna know your name..." - Mike Binder


April 1st, 2006, 11:04 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10270
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: Do we have to crack on people for their spelling & g
trippndrummer wrote:
I find it a little troubling that some of us on this board find it necesary to make fun of other's for their bad spelling and grammer.
What in the world makes some of you think because you know the propper spelling and use of punctuation,that gives you the right to make fun of and belittle others who do not? Do you think that you have superior intelligence and therefor the right to make other people feel bad about themselves? If in fact that was the case and you DO have superior intelligence, you would already know that by doing things like this you make yourself and the rest of us look like self important A-holes.

If you know what the poster is trying to say or the point he or she is trying to get accross their is no need to point out that they mis-spelled this or didn't put an apostrophe there. Pointing out someone elses flaw's in no way makes your own any better. Truley intelligent people do not need to point out other's weaknesses. Try and support each other here and not make each other feel poorly about ourselves. We've all got enough to feel bad about considering that we are Lions fan's.


Tripp - while I agree with the nagging about stupid little things (like what Alpha jokingly pointed out), there are some posts where I have no idea what the poster is saying or that I simply can't read the post because it's like the one below:

crap not worth deciphering wrote:
whyz everione hatin on muh dog holt furr hez a pimp n he getz tonz of pickz man hez a pimp all u haterz ouet thur needz ta shot up becaz holtz da man


Generally I agree with you Tripp, and I personally don't respond to stuff like this (...generally).

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


April 1st, 2006, 1:32 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 1:25 am
Posts: 4918
Location: Hills of Auburn
Post 
don hat3 0n 3m c0nv0...itz 733t 5p3ak :shock:

_________________
Regards, Alpha|Lionbacker.com \(^o^)/
"I date this girl for two years and then the nagging starts: I wanna know your name..." - Mike Binder


April 1st, 2006, 5:41 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2005, 7:03 am
Posts: 7411
Location: Ford Field - 35 yard line / Row 32
Post Re: Do we have to crack on people for their spelling & g
conversion02 wrote:
trippndrummer wrote:
I find it a little troubling that some of us on this board find it necesary to make fun of other's for their bad spelling and grammer.
What in the world makes some of you think because you know the propper spelling and use of punctuation,that gives you the right to make fun of and belittle others who do not? Do you think that you have superior intelligence and therefor the right to make other people feel bad about themselves? If in fact that was the case and you DO have superior intelligence, you would already know that by doing things like this you make yourself and the rest of us look like self important A-holes.

If you know what the poster is trying to say or the point he or she is trying to get accross their is no need to point out that they mis-spelled this or didn't put an apostrophe there. Pointing out someone elses flaw's in no way makes your own any better. Truley intelligent people do not need to point out other's weaknesses. Try and support each other here and not make each other feel poorly about ourselves. We've all got enough to feel bad about considering that we are Lions fan's.


Tripp - while I agree with the nagging about stupid little things (like what Alpha jokingly pointed out), there are some posts where I have no idea what the poster is saying or that I simply can't read the post because it's like the one below:

crap not worth deciphering wrote:
whyz everione hatin on muh dog holt furr hez a pimp n he getz tonz of pickz man hez a pimp all u haterz ouet thur needz ta shot up becaz holtz da man


Generally I agree with you Tripp, and I personally don't respond to stuff like this (...generally).


I have to agree with CO2 on this!

Nit picking on small stuff isn't necessary but when a post gets to the point where it's unintelligible it's a little out of hand. On occasion it requires a post graduate degree in stupidity and a copy of the urban dictionary to decipher what someone is rambling on about.

If someone is going to take the time to post you would think they would take the time to proof read it and / or use a spell check or at least part of the education that was provided to them. I think if someone is going to post nonsensical gibberish then they should prepare to be flamed for it.

In a similar but slightly different scenario; I know for a fact LionBacker has several members from around the world whose native language is not English. These people have a slight disadvantage and I would cut them some slack as they try to learn English.

In other words I can easily forgive a person who's trying to learn our language - they have an excuse. But pure stupidity is not an excuse.

As Jules said...

Image

_________________
Image


April 2nd, 2006, 8:40 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 1:25 am
Posts: 4918
Location: Hills of Auburn
Post 
IMO Respect > Spelling. I mispell things all the time and leave out words because I type quickly just to add my thoughts to a thread. If it were incomprehensible then fine dog me but otherwise spelling police :police: hat40.gif are not of much interest to me.

_________________
Regards, Alpha|Lionbacker.com \(^o^)/
"I date this girl for two years and then the nagging starts: I wanna know your name..." - Mike Binder


April 3rd, 2006, 2:15 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: January 6th, 2005, 10:54 am
Posts: 2274
Location: South Quad- Ann Arbor
Post Re: Do we have to crack on people for their spelling & g
LionFan57 wrote:
As Jules said...

Image



:lol:

BTW, on the Google toolbar, there is a spellcheck for web fields. It is really very nice.

_________________
"If he isn't the best football player, the best runner, that the Lord has ever made, then the Lord has yet to make one." Wayne Fontes on Barry.
Image


April 6th, 2006, 2:24 pm
Profile WWW
Post Re: Do we have to crack on people for their spelling & g
bsand2053 wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:
As Jules said...

Image



:lol:

BTW, on the Google toolbar, there is a spellcheck for web fields. It is really very nice.


I hate those stupid tool bars!... They seem to have their own adware attached to them. They are the first thing I look for when my computer is actin' up...


April 6th, 2006, 3:02 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: January 6th, 2005, 10:54 am
Posts: 2274
Location: South Quad- Ann Arbor
Post Re: Do we have to crack on people for their spelling & g
wjb21ndtown wrote:
bsand2053 wrote:

BTW, on the Google toolbar, there is a spellcheck for web fields. It is really very nice.


I hate those stupid tool bars!... They seem to have their own adware attached to them. They are the first thing I look for when my computer is actin' up...


I had a toolbar like that once, but I have never had a problem with the Google toolbar.

_________________
"If he isn't the best football player, the best runner, that the Lord has ever made, then the Lord has yet to make one." Wayne Fontes on Barry.
Image


April 6th, 2006, 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
Junior Varsity
User avatar

Joined: June 24th, 2006, 7:37 pm
Posts: 194
Location: Atlanta, Ga.
Post 
theAlphaMale wrote:
don hat3 0n 3m c0nv0...itz 733t 5p3ak :shock:


:wink: Wa wa zat? Seriously, some of the 'dirty south'/Hip Hop lingo I come across on various boards stumps me and should be cracked on! Simple things like missing a leter (nice example there, heheheee) or switching them around shouldn't call for 50 lashes, people! I hate typing and will drop a typo or two...DON'T SHOOT ME!

_________________
"You're either part of the solution or part of the problem."

Eldridge Cleaver

Go get 'em, TIGERS!!! :)



April 24th, 2007, 11:23 am
Profile YIM
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.