View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2014, 9:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 The Tigs Win 
NFL Team Captain

Post The Tigs Win
They beat down the Red Sox. Mike and Mike reported that no team that started 0-7 had ever made the playoffs. I think that, that record will come to an end this year.

How about Inge, the kid is a stud. As much as I hate the thought I hope he gets traded to a team that will start him at 3rd. he desirves it.

April 9th, 2008, 11:39 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

It seems that most people have gone into panic mode concerning the Tigers, but it's early. There's still 154 games yet to play and you know that the bats are going to come alive at some point. They're just too good not to. The relief pitching is another story, but if they get rid of Grilli, it should improve somewhat. Also, Rodney and Zumaya should be back for the stretch run.

Speaking of which, the Tigers have a soft schedule in August and September, so they just need to stay close for the first 2/3rds of the season. If they're within 10 games of the division lead at that point, they still have a realistic chance. And I don't care what all the doom and gloom naysayers are screaming about on the radio.

April 10th, 2008, 1:00 pm
1st Round Pick

You know things are bad when the best you can say is that our baseball team is alot better equiped to play in the rain then our football team.

April 13th, 2008, 9:32 pm

I'm starting to lose hope. It's not just one area that needs to improve, but all three: hitting, pitching, and defense. I'm sure that the hitting will turn around at some point, but I'm not very confident about the other two. Because of that, I can't see them making the playoffs this year any longer.

April 14th, 2008, 1:00 pm
Veteran General Manager

Illich is paying $130M this season. And the players thought it was $1M/loss.
120 losses to go!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I think Kenny Rogers has lost the ability to go 200+ innings for a season. In his 3 starts this year, he has been effective. FOR 3 INNINGS EACH GAME :!:

I think we need to send the worst of our relievers back to the minors. READ, ZACK MINER. And move Rogers to the bullpen as a long reliever. Then call up whichever minor league SP is most ready for the Majors.

If we are going to have a SP struggle, I would rather it be a rookie with upside than an aged veteran. Rogers would be more effective for 3 innings out of the bullpen because he wouldn't have to conserve his strength to last 6-7 innings. He could just let-er-rip :!:

As far as the hitters:
Fans attending home games should start chanting in unison, " WAKE UP over and over until the Tigers start hitting.

April 14th, 2008, 8:04 pm

The Tigers had a couple of firsts last night. They have their first winning streak (all of two games) and they won their first series of the season. Hopefully, they can keep it up since the bats seem to be heating up. It's also nice to see that they came from behind to win both games. That tells me that the team isn't giving up.

April 16th, 2008, 9:35 am
RIP Killer

Renteria was a hell of a good trade. I liked him in ATL, but damn, dood seems like he's on fire lately. His GS tonight was awesome.

Bats were in full force today.

Galarraga looked damn good!

April 16th, 2008, 11:01 pm
Red Shirt Freshman

I'll need 5-10 more games before I believe they're out of this early season funk. I f they are then its off to the playoffs.

I think our SP is better than what they have shown.

Watch out when they start pitching well.

But it all comes down to them playing well at the end of the season.

:wink:

"Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor..." -George Washington

April 17th, 2008, 12:04 pm
QB Coach

I'll need 5-10 more games before I believe they're out of this early season funk. I f they are then its off to the playoffs.

I think our SP is better than what they have shown.

Watch out when they start pitching well.

But it all comes down to them playing well at the end of the season.

:wink:

Exactly. Everyone just remember that last year at the All Star break, the Tigs had one of the best records in the league, and we all saw what happened in the 2nd half....

April 17th, 2008, 12:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]