View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 21st, 2014, 12:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 $131M , FOR THIS????? 
Veteran General Manager

Post $131M , FOR THIS?????
Well, the Tigers snatched defete from the jaws of victory today to get swept by the Tampa Bay Rays.

Next up, The White Sox . If the Tigers lose even 1 game to the Sox this week it will be time for Dumbrowski to hold a fire sale.

On paper, we have all stars at nearly every position on the roster. But, sadly, they aren't performing like a team.

Out of the 25 man roster, I can think of only 5 players that deserve a pass based on the law of averages catching up to them.

Pass 1: Maglio Ordoniez. He has had 2 very good seasons back to back and was due a down year. While his numbers are down from last year, they are still very good.

Pass 2: Miguel Cabrera. Ditto plus he is learning American League pitchers this season.

Pass 3: Carlos Guillen: He is having his typical season.

Pass 4: Justin Verlander. He is merely having the sophmore slump everyone expected him to have last year.

Brandon Inge: While his hitting is never all that great, his greatest value is in his defensive versatility.

The Bums:

Gary Sheffield: Washed up despite his homer today. Too little. Too late.

Edgar Renteria: Should change his last name to Diareah.

Turd Jones: Need I expound on this?

PITCHING PITCHING PITCHING: Can any of our relievers get anyone out?

August 3rd, 2008, 10:53 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I went to the 3 game sweep in Tampa..lots of fun..NOT!!! showed up Monday morning and a co-worker was waiting for me with a broom in his hand..just today, another worker ask me about that series..ugh.

August 14th, 2008, 5:43 pm
Walk On

Well nobody's said anything about the tigs lately so I'd figure I'd give them some love.

Yes this season was a major dissapointment. Starting off to a dreadful opening to the season dooming us from the get go and getting only 50% production out of our big offseason deal hurt. (not including the renteria deal) Just goes to show you how important pitching is. Later Chuck!

My most liked tiger Kenny (the gambler) Rogers is done. Sheff is only a shell of his former self. Pudge is a yankee (short term likely). Maggs was solid but nothing too impressive. Inge's D was stellar as usual, too bad his batting average was meek at best. Palonco and Guillen need to rebound as well. Grandy needs to figure out how to hit lefties still.

I wont talk to much about pitching other than Galraga was pretty much the lone bright spot. Seriously need to attend that in the offseason :P

All and all I still feel we have a great shot to make the playoffs next season. (just need some stinkin pitchin!!) even though the window may be closing unless our farm system steps up.

I've always had a deep love for all sports. Wolverines winning it in 97, Spartans in 00, Bad Boys 89-90-04, the Wings 97-98-02-08. Us D-town fans are certainly spoiled. :D

The tigers just barely sliding into the playoffs in 06 I'll always treasure. I was working at the time near Detroit and I'll never forget the atmosphere. Tearing up the Yankees when it was Varsity vrs JV. Maggs jacking that homerun to send us too the series is second place in my book. I still dont think Kenny gets enough respect for what he did in that playoffs. 3-0 with an era of 0.00. UNREAL :idea:

First place in my book is still the playoff win vrs Dallas. CANT GET OVER IT AND ITS WHY I WASTE MY TIME WITH THIS TEAM TO THIS DAY

GO TIGERS!!!!!

October 2nd, 2008, 9:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]