View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 2:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Granderson Trade Rumor 
RIP Killer

Post Granderson Trade Rumor
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/11/a ... trade.html

Angels, Tigers Discuss Granderson Trade
By Tim Dierkes [November 13 at 9:38am CST]

The Angels and Tigers have discussed a trade for center fielder Curtis Granderson, according to Ken Davidoff of Newsday. Davidoff says the Halos would use Granderson in left field and either shift Juan Rivera to DH or trade him. In my opinion, the Angels could fill several needs cheaply for the Tigers with players such as Mike Napoli and Brandon Wood. Davidoff adds that the Yankees "think very highly" of Granderson and the Cubs are "expected to inquire."

Granderson, 29 in March, hit .249/.327/.453 in 710 plate appearances this year. His defense is at least respectable. His contract is reasonable - $25.75MM guaranteed over the next three years. ESPN's Keith Law, however, considers Granderson a platoon player given his inability to hit lefties.

If we trade Grandy, we lose a ton of speed, a damn good CF, and a good #5 hitter. Granted, he can't hit lefties to save his life, but they need to dump him if they can get a seriously good trade. Don't simply dump him and get Napoli and Wood. That'd be a poor trade. Who would replace Grandy in CF? Ramirez? Wells? We have no proven players to take Grandy's spot. Plus, Grandy is a fan fave...like Inge.

Want to help lessen the KO casualty that is Grandy? Don't trade for Napoli of all players - K'd 103 times in 382 ABs, plus has no speed. Napoli is a solid catcher with a solid bat, but a high KO ratio.

Wood? He stinks. I thought this was about getting players that can HIT? I'd rather get Everett for another year and look for a SS next year when we have money to spend.

I'd rather have Maicer Izturis and Erick Aybar for Grandy. At least they can hit.

November 13th, 2009, 12:41 pm
RIP Killer

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/11/c ... urday.html

Cubs' GM Jim Hendry "absolutely" is interested in offering a prospect-heavy package to the Tigers for Curtis Granderson according to a source close to the team, says Phil Rogers of The Chicago Tribune. Yesterday we heard that the two sides were not yet in trade talks, but Rogers' source says that Hendry and Tigers' GM Dave Dombrowski "spoke about Granderson and other Tigers players during the GM meetings earlier in the week at the O'Hare Hilton."

I don't want a handful of prospects. I want speed and contact hitters.

November 14th, 2009, 7:22 pm
1st Round Pick

This is stupid . If they trade granderson I'm done with them. The biggest problem they had was scoring runs so Lets trade our best rally starter. That makes sense especially if we dont resign Polanco who's going to get on base"?
Clete Thomas is a nice player in a limited role i dont want him starting every day. Besideds Granderson Plays a great CF at Commerica and thats not an easy place to play.

November 14th, 2009, 10:27 pm
RIP Killer

Lionman, I understand where you're coming from...but Grandy is a situational hitter. Teams bring in lefty relievers purely to KO Grandy. He's a "Laird" against lefties. Sorry, but that's not an All-Star.

I'm not a fan of trading Grandy unless you can get top notch talent for him and unless you have someone who can play CF. He is the heart of this team and he made some amazing plays last year and how he saved us in a couple games (Sizemore's walk-off HR-to-be comes to mind). However, I remember some critical errors where he took a horrible jump on balls and cost us runs and essentially the game.

Polly is a rally starter. Mags was the 2nd half of last season. Cabby got on base a lot, but we had NOBODY behind him to get on base and drive him in. Guillen was getting better as he healed, but was still crap. We had 4 or 5 good hitters in the lineup last year.

Raburn could fill a #2 or #5 spot nicely - dood's a player. He'll get better in the field, but he's no CF.

Clete is a platoon player, plain and simple. When he shortens up his stroke and contracts Polly to be his hitting coach, he might turn into an every game player.

Raburn and Clete both have speed, but with Guillen and Mags likely seeing OF time, we need Grandy's speed in the middle.

November 14th, 2009, 11:58 pm
RIP Killer

By Tim Dierkes [December 7 at 10:31pm CST]

10:31pm: Jon Heyman of SI.com reports that the Yankees spent "much of the day" trying to acquire Granderson. They still haven't offered Johnny Damon a contract.

9:49pm: MLB.com's Doug Miller hears from one source who says the Mariners "might" be in the mix for Granderson. That's hardly a surprise, given that they've been linked to him in recent weeks.

5:14pm: Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun-Times talked to a Cubs source who's heard nothing to support rumors that the Tigers are trying to move Granderson this week.

4:05pm: With USA Today's Bob Nightengale suggesting the Tigers hope to trade Curtis Granderson this week, the center fielder requires his own post.

ESPN's Peter Gammons says the Tigers wanted shortstop prospect Starlin Castro and two others from the Cubs. That price is too high for the Cubs. Gammons' colleague Buster Olney says the Tigers want Phil Hughes and Austin Jackson from the Yankees for Granderson.

December 8th, 2009, 12:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]