View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 1st, 2014, 8:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Edwin Jackson Trade rumor thread 
RIP Killer

Post Edwin Jackson Trade rumor thread
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Edwin Jackson Rumors: Monday
By Tim Dierkes [December 7 at 1:54pm CST]

1:54pm: Cryptic tweet from Ed Price of AOL FanHouse: "Rumor that Mets acquire Edwin Jackson." Price then updated that the rumor was "heard in the lobby" but not confirmed.

12:57pm: USA Today's Bob Nightengale tweets that the Tigers are close to trading Jackson, "perhaps as early as today." No word on the potential destination, but we'll keep you apprised in this post. What's more, Nightengale says the Tigers hope to trade Curtis Granderson this week.

The Tigers acquired Jackson from the Rays during the Winter Meetings last year, on December 10th.

It's fine with me, but they damn well better get a king's ransom for each player!!!

December 7th, 2009, 4:09 pm
RIP Killer

Just heard a tweet that the Tigs are going through offers from 12 teams for EJ.

December 7th, 2009, 5:32 pm
RIP Killer

Yanks, Tigers, D'Backs Discussing Blockbuster
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [December 7 at 10:12pm CST]

The D'Backs pushed for a blockbuster three-way deal with the Yankees and Tigers today, only to see one of those two teams veto it, according to Jon Paul Morosi and Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. However, the teams are discussing the following scenario.

The deal would send Curtis Granderson to the Yanks, along with a prospect or two from the D'Backs. Arizona would obtain Edwin Jackson from the Tigers and Ian Kennedy from the Yankees. The Tigers would obtain Max Scherzer from the D'Backs and Austin Jackson, Phil Coke and Michael Dunn from the Yanks.

Talks are apparently at an "impasse" now, though the D'Backs continue to push for a trade.

December 8th, 2009, 12:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]