View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 10:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 All-Star Selections 
NFL Team Captain

Post All-Star Selections
Cabraera and Valverde are selected, but no Verlander. Who the hell is picking these players?

I am sick and tired of the fans picking players. We have guys in the game that lost their edge years ago and guys having great years that will be staying home.

There is no question that JV is by far better than half of the pitchers picked to play. We need to find a way to have the players that a truely having an "All-Star" year, not the players that are fan favorites no matter the year they are having.

Verlander is not the only snub that is plain old wrong. There are players in both leagues that deserve to be in this game and have been left out to make room for fan favorites.

It's just plain out wrong. :oops: :oops: :oops:

July 4th, 2010, 7:25 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: All-Star Selections
And no BOESCH. Dude is hitting better than all the OFers, much less all the final 5 fan vote turds. Boesch is raking and playing solid D, yet he doesn't even get consideration. Oh yeah, and Nick Swisher is on the final 5 vote. Go figure.

July 5th, 2010, 1:12 pm
NFL Team Captain

Omar Infante is an All-Star?!?! The selections should be taken away from a manager when dementia has clearly set in!

San Diego's closer leads All of MLB in saves and is not picked. What a f$%&ing joke.

All managers should vote for the reserves and pitching staff. I've never liked Charlie Manuel and this just validates those feelings.

July 5th, 2010, 2:17 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
I agree, there are so many snubs this year for both AL and NL.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

July 5th, 2010, 2:37 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Infante got the gig over Joey Votto (wow, what a snub right there!) because of the new rule that there has to be a "utility" type player who can play multiple positions. Infante is having a good year, but not AS worthy...

July 6th, 2010, 5:57 pm
Afghan Allstar

Miggy showed tonight why he should be the starter at 1st Base. A 2 run shot to put the game into extra innings. And, how many guys his size hit triples?

July 7th, 2010, 1:23 am
RIP Killer

Also, a major underrated play was that killer play at 1st when he threw a bullet to Inge at 3rd and got the baserunner. Saved a run AND the game.

July 7th, 2010, 7:31 pm
NFL Team Captain

Shocked Mario and Rod as much as anyone. Just downright sweet. =D> =D> =D>

July 7th, 2010, 7:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]