View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 6:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Congrats Tigers 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: Congrats Tigers
Who was that guy? And what did he do with Jim Leyland?
Game 4 of the ALCS was perhaps the most entertaining and satisfying games the Tigers have played all year. I have never seen Leyland manage as good a game as he did tonight.

Everyone participated in small balling 7 runs without waiting for someone to smack a HR.
Hitters were actually patient at the plate which lead to a bunch of bases on balls and Peavy throwing a lot of extra pitches. Which lead to an early exit for Peavy.

There were stolen Bases. Yes, even CABRERA stole a base. There was a sacrifice bunt. There was an attempt at a sacrifice fly. It didn't work. But, it was tried.

7 runs from small ball. Whooda thunk it would work? That's right!!!! THIS GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, I can't believe either of you are even arguing my initial point. The Tigers could win the World Series. And they still would have under achieved from what they could have done if they had tried small ball sooner in close games. Just a few extra wins from small ballin it, and they would have had home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

ALCS Game 4 proves the Tigers CAN play small ball if they try. Then, when they have the lead, they can try to hit the HR's. It sure as heck beats losing 1-0 frequently.

October 17th, 2013, 1:30 am
League MVP

Post Re: Congrats Tigers
hah, you do realize i said all along that leyland does play smallball but just that he isnt going to take guys off the bases for cabrera, fielder, vmart. btw he didnt steal a base or sacrifice until the tigers were up 6-0 so i wouldnt credit it all to small ball unless a double down the line counts as small ball. well i wouldnt be surprised if you considered anything not scored on a homerun as small ball

October 17th, 2013, 11:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3