View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 21st, 2018, 12:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 2014 Tigers 
Martha Firestone Ford

Post Re: 2014 Tigers
Why is it, that every time I either watch or listen to the Tigers lately, they stink like poop? As soon as I get fed up and can't watch or listen to anymore inept performance and turn it off, that's exactly when they finally get their heads out of their butts?

September 3rd, 2014, 9:39 pm
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin

BillySims wrote:
Why is it, that every time I either watch or listen to the Tigers lately, they stink like poop? As soon as I get fed up and can't watch or listen to anymore inept performance and turn it off, that's exactly when they finally get their heads out of their butts?

We'll then stop watching and listening! Lol

I need the Tigs to win it all so Illich goes back to paying attention to my red wings!

September 4th, 2014, 11:51 pm
National Champion

It took a little longer than I was hoping but the Tigers are back on top all by themselves. The Royals Offense is completely mailed it in. I hope they can keep pace and over take the As, I'd love to see the Ms and the Royals in the wildcard.

September 12th, 2014, 11:09 pm
RIP Killer

in da playoffs, now go get 4th straight division crown boys!

September 25th, 2014, 9:27 am
Profile WWW
Martha Firestone Ford

I gotta say that this has been the most maddening and frustrating season I can remember since the 85 team.

September 25th, 2014, 9:50 am
National Champion

I think it's safe to say that Ausmus has cost this team 10 games this season with questionable decision making. Keeping Nathan in as closer, poor bullpen management, getting nearly every starting pitcher on the team career high in innings pitched. I hope he takes a great deal from this season because it's going to be 3 games in the playoffs and done for the Tigers, if they are able to back into the central title, if they somehow give up the central title you can bet it will be a one and done for them. I think Ausmus tries to coach too much like Leyland but without the knowledge and experience that Leyland has.

I just Leyland would have retired a year earlier so the Tigers would have had a shot at Terry Francona.

September 27th, 2014, 9:52 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

billy!!! there s your genius small ball!!!! take a runner off the bases for cabrera and martinez in a 2 run game....makes a lot of sense!!!

October 2nd, 2014, 8:31 pm
National Champion

The Legend wrote:
billy!!! there s your genius small ball!!!! take a runner off the bases for cabrera and martinez in a 2 run game....makes a lot of sense!!!

It's not even worth it man.

on the other side of the coin, this bullpen huh. Good Lord that was an implosion. Get ready for tomorrow I guess, but this is going to be a short series. They simply aren't as good as a depleted Os team.

October 2nd, 2014, 9:16 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

The Legend wrote:

It has worked for the Tigers far more than it has failed. That was a simple hit and run that even Leyland used frequently. And that was the instance you chose to argue against small ball on?

October 2nd, 2014, 10:02 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

Note to Drumbrowski. This off season, BUY A BULL PEN!!!!!!

October 2nd, 2014, 10:03 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

aManNamedSuh wrote:
The Legend wrote:

It's not even worth it man.

on the other side of the coin, this bullpen huh. Good Lord that was an implosion. Get ready for tomorrow I guess, but this is going to be a short series. They simply aren't as good as a depleted Os team.

ughhhh....running into more outs in the worst possible situations? ausmus stubbornly sticking with same bums out of the bullpen. sorry excuse of limiting sanchez to 35 pitches? seriously this is the playoffs and the guys a starter. still afraid to use al al or try soria with a clean inning. no scouting report on delmon young? cant send perez, romine and suarez to the plate in the 9th. the marginally better late inning defenders havent worked out for the tigers this season.

October 3rd, 2014, 8:52 pm
National Champion

The Legend wrote:
ughhhh....running into more outs in the worst possible situations? ausmus stubbornly sticking with same bums out of the bullpen. sorry excuse of limiting sanchez to 35 pitches? seriously this is the playoffs and the guys a starter. still afraid to use al al or try soria with a clean inning. no scouting report on delmon young? cant send perez, romine and suarez to the plate in the 9th. the marginally better late inning defenders havent worked out for the tigers this season.

What you're saying it was a bad idea to send your slowest and most fragile player home in the eight inning with no outs with your hottest hitter coming to the plate? Like I said this is a sweep series and hopefully the Tigers make the smart move and bring Gardenhire here next year. I know this won't happen but one could hope. I also think Ausmus will become a good manager at some point in his managing career I just wish he wasn't learning the rope with what could have been the Tigers best and last chance to get that ring.

If the Tigers do pull off Sunday's game Porcello has been serving it up lately so it will be blowout in game 4.

October 3rd, 2014, 9:16 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

aManNamedSuh wrote:
The Legend wrote:

What you're saying it was a bad idea to send your slowest and most fragile player home in the eight inning with no outs with your hottest hitter coming to the plate? Like I said this is a sweep series and hopefully the Tigers make the smart move and bring Gardenhire here next year. I know this won't happen but one could hope. I also think Ausmus will become a good manager at some point in his managing career I just wish he wasn't learning the rope with what could have been the Tigers best and last chance to get that ring.

If the Tigers do pull off Sunday's game Porcello has been serving it up lately so it will be blowout in game 4.

i actually like ausmus a lot but i dont think he s been a good manager just an okay one. i think gardenhire is outstanding and hoping he s not burned out would be a heck of a hire.

October 5th, 2014, 1:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5