View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 5:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 2014 Tigers 
League MVP

Post Re: 2014 Tigers
BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:
BillySims wrote:
I can't believe no one posted this yet. But, the Tigers acquired SP David Price in a 3 team deal that sent Austin Jackson to Seattle and Drew Smiley and a minor league SS to Tampa Bay. I can't remember the minor league Ss's name. But, he was our 3rd best minor league prospect.

With the trade of Jackson, and the inevitable likeliness that Scherzer will leave as a FA after this season, all we will have left to show for the Curtis Granderson trade is Phil Choke.

lol, is that the conclusion you drew when the tigers landed price? that all we got for edwin jackson and granderson is coke? u r one funny dude

I realize that Austin Jackson effectively became David Price with this trade. We got Austin in the Granderson trade. I didn't mention Edwin Jackson because he was just a throw in. And the only player we will have left from that trade will be Coke if Scherzer leaves as a FA. Seriously, what part of that don't you understand?

the part i dont understand is the relevance. u cried on here for a couple years about how edwin jackson was so much better than scherzer, now you say he s a thrown in. granderson, jackson, ian kennedy, etc are all on different teams now which isnt unusual given how much player movement there is these days. tigers got great value and talent out of that trade. even coke has produced for the tigers at times. schlereth was the bad part of that trade not coke.

regardless the tigers land David Price and really dont give up that much and u make a post that makes it seem like your disappointed that the tigers traded Curtis Granderson for Phil Coke straight up???? Im not sure there is anyone out there who understands the point you were trying to make

August 1st, 2014, 11:37 pm
Hall of Fame Player

The Legend wrote:
BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:
BillySims wrote:
I can't believe no one posted this yet. But, the Tigers acquired SP David Price in a 3 team deal that sent Austin Jackson to Seattle and Drew Smiley and a minor league SS to Tampa Bay. I can't remember the minor league Ss's name. But, he was our 3rd best minor league prospect.

With the trade of Jackson, and the inevitable likeliness that Scherzer will leave as a FA after this season, all we will have left to show for the Curtis Granderson trade is Phil Choke.

lol, is that the conclusion you drew when the tigers landed price? that all we got for edwin jackson and granderson is coke? u r one funny dude

I realize that Austin Jackson effectively became David Price with this trade. We got Austin in the Granderson trade. I didn't mention Edwin Jackson because he was just a throw in. And the only player we will have left from that trade will be Coke if Scherzer leaves as a FA. Seriously, what part of that don't you understand?

the part i dont understand is the relevance. u cried on here for a couple years about how edwin jackson was so much better than scherzer, now you say he s a thrown in. granderson, jackson, ian kennedy, etc are all on different teams now which isnt unusual given how much player movement there is these days. tigers got great value and talent out of that trade. even coke has produced for the tigers at times. schlereth was the bad part of that trade not coke.

regardless the tigers land David Price and really dont give up that much and u make a post that makes it seem like your disappointed that the tigers traded Curtis Granderson for Phil Coke straight up???? Im not sure there is anyone out there who understands the point you were trying to make

I am not disappointed in this trade. I am a bit gisappointed that we had to part with Austin though. I wasn't making any point about the Granderson trade other than to say the only player we will have left from it is Phil"every inherited runner scores" Coke. Your the one trying to make some kind of point out of it that's more than it was intended.

August 2nd, 2014, 12:23 am
League MVP

i agree, there s a hole in CF...maybe tigers will have to find someone to fill it in waiver trade period. carrera has some good numbers in the minors and is a better defender than davis. hopefully thats enough bc they still need to pony up for some more bullpen help unless ur boy coke can step it up

August 2nd, 2014, 11:12 am
Varsity Captain

Davis has looked pretty good in center so far. At the plate as well. The will probably use that kid they just brought up to spell him. Don't remember his name, but I've read a couple of reports that he has the potential to roam center for a good while!

August 4th, 2014, 2:39 am
Heisman Winner

how is it possible that the Tigers have a guy in their system named Joey Pankake and I'm just now finding out?

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=605413#/career/R/hitting/2014/ALL

August 12th, 2014, 1:58 pm
Hall of Fame Player

aManNamedSuh wrote:
how is it possible that the Tigers have a guy in their system named Joey Pankake and I'm just now finding out?

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=605413#/career/R/hitting/2014/ALL

Heck. he's hitting over .300. Bring him up and use Castelano in the OF. JD Martinez has forgotten how to hit the last couple of weeks. LOL.

August 12th, 2014, 7:53 pm
Heisman Winner

Things haven't look this bad for the Tigers in a long time. But they've managed through a rough spot as well as they could and I expect them to start turning it around now. They will be playing AL Central teams a great deal down the stretch and have done fairly well against them them this season, including the Royals. My prediction is they will be back in first place by the end of next week and they won't look back from there. I think the rest JV is getting is exactly what he needed. I know his velocity is down so far this season but I think he has a lot to do with this off season surgery. I don't expect to see triple digits anymore but I do see upper 90s come playoff time.

Here's to hoping :cheers:

August 19th, 2014, 4:05 pm
League MVP

aManNamedSuh wrote:
Things haven't look this bad for the Tigers in a long time. But they've managed through a rough spot as well as they could and I expect them to start turning it around now. They will be playing AL Central teams a great deal down the stretch and have done fairly well against them them this season, including the Royals. My prediction is they will be back in first place by the end of next week and they won't look back from there. I think the rest JV is getting is exactly what he needed. I know his velocity is down so far this season but I think he has a lot to do with this off season surgery. I don't expect to see triple digits anymore but I do see upper 90s come playoff time.

not looking good

August 23rd, 2014, 4:27 pm
Heisman Winner

The Legend wrote:
aManNamedSuh wrote:

not looking good

Nope but the week isn't over yet, but the odds have moved to slim to none.

August 23rd, 2014, 5:20 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Tigers are simply overpaid underachievers. They don't deserve to go to the playoffs. And at this rate, they won't. It is pathetic, with all the talent on the team, that they don't lead the division by double digits.

August 23rd, 2014, 7:28 pm
League MVP

BillySims wrote:
Tigers are simply overpaid underachievers. They don't deserve to go to the playoffs. And at this rate, they won't. It is pathetic, with all the talent on the team, that they don't lead the division by double digits.

i heard the callers on sports radio this weekend calling in about ausmus and missing leyland, lol...

the problem with the team is its construction which DD can be blamed for not stepping in and stopping Ilitch's impulses. They are a top heavy team of stars mixed in without depth or role players. They are too dependent on star players to have outstanding performances. Most of those guys only have 2-3 great years and its hard to bank on them all doing that at the same time. They miss on a guy like Nathan and have literally 0 internal candidates to replace him and have to empty the minors out during the season to try to fill those gaps. Its a strategy that has not burned DD much in the past but its only bc they ve added more and more payroll to the point where they seem to have exceeded all reasonabe limits. I think that if Sanchez and Soria come back soon, they still have a good chance at passing the Royals but Cabrera has to get healthy. Hopefully the Twins pitching awoke some of the bats out of there slumber.

August 25th, 2014, 10:11 am
Heisman Winner

looking slightly better now.

August 26th, 2014, 10:22 am
Heisman Winner

Does a tie for first count? The Royals Offense has been awful lately I expect the Tigers to really start building a lead now. But don't sleep on the Indians.

August 31st, 2014, 9:02 am
Hall of Fame Player

I still think they are seriously under performing. I have heard that the real Verlander is back so many times, usually to watch him fall into steaming pile of poop the very next game. I am encouraged that some of the bats seam to be waking up finally. But, the core of our offense, (Miggy), still has not found his power stroke. I suspect he won't get his power back until next season. Rick Porcello, on the other hand, has surprised the heck out of me. I think he might end up being our 3rd consecutive different SP to win the Cy Young award. Assuming that we can keep Scherzer this off season, that would give us the last 4 Cy Young winners on our SP staff.

August 31st, 2014, 10:32 am
Hall of Fame Player

Just when you think they are starting to get their heads out of their rectums, yesterday happens. Just pathetic.

September 1st, 2014, 1:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next