View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 1:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 The Tigers pick at 10 too... 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post The Tigers pick at 10 too...
http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050607&content_id=1079528&vkey=news_det&fext=.jsp&c_id=det

Another outfielder? We have a glut at the position already. Someone will have to be traded.

Anyway they say he is like Ken Griffey Jr. Hopefully without the injuries. Sounds like a nice kid.

June 7th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Profile WWW
NFL Team Captain

We have a glut at every position in the minors. Trouble is they all suck. At least they didn't draft a pitcher for the 99th year in a row. The Tigs scouting team sucks. They couldn't find the only prospect hiding at an old folks home.

June 12th, 2005, 4:17 am
NFL Team Captain

If I had one Tiger wish, it would be to have Bobby Higginson's job. 8.5 mil to ride the pine. Please Lord why wouldn't you let me hit a curveball.

June 12th, 2005, 4:28 am
QB Coach

I've heard good things about Maybin, even though i'm oblivious to the baseball draft.

Quote:
Maybin has a rare combination of premium athletic ability, bloodlines and baseball savvy. He has broad shoulders and long limbs and fingers, and physically evokes comparisons on the low end to Preston Wilson and on the high end to Vladimir Guerrero. He should be a premium defender in center field with experience, with long, graceful strides gobbling up turf and an average arm. Some scouts think his bat might take time to develop once he starts seeing good breaking balls consistently. His makeup?including good work habits, maturity and love for the game--endears him to scouts.

Quote:
Q: james green from new york asks:
why was cameron maybin pick 10th i figurged with the talent he has he be in the top 5

A: Jim Callis: There were rumors Maybin was scaring some teams with his price tag over the weekend, but they appear to be unfounded. We rated Maybin the No. 3 player in the draft and he compares favorably to Justin Upton. I think this was just a case where he just didn't find the right fit with a club before No. 10 with the Tigers. Obviously, those teams are picking high because they're mostly struggling, and after Arizona grabbed Upton at No. 1, the other eight teams went for college players they figured would help them more quickly.

June 12th, 2005, 12:58 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

#3 rated prospect over all by Baseball America. He dropped as a high schooler with a big agent. Getting that type of prospect is a steal. They say he looks like Vlad. Whether he turns out that good is very unlikely, but he does not seem to have character question marks. At 10, if they sign him, he is a steal.

June 12th, 2005, 1:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]