View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 19th, 2018, 10:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Tigers 2015. 
Martha Firestone Ford

Post Tigers 2015.
This Tigers team simply has no heart. No burning desire to be anything more than good. As long as they win just more than 50% of their games they are happy.

May 30th, 2015, 11:16 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: Tigers 2015.
This team is embarrassing to watch lately. No clutch hitting whatsoever, no power, awful BA w/RISP when they are getting on base, horrible baserunning, dumb decisions, poor starting pitching...

Just awful...

June 2nd, 2015, 10:13 pm
National Champion

conversion02 wrote:
This team is embarrassing to watch lately.

I'd go a step further and say This team is impossible to watch lately.

June 3rd, 2015, 3:40 pm
League MVP

I've gone as far as to watch UofM softball instead of the Tigers...and i HATE UofM.

June 6th, 2015, 2:14 am
RIP Killer

Well, the tigers are pretty much done for. I so cannot wait for football season now. Too bad the kitties will end up tearing my heart out again.

The royals and twins are playing damn good ball and the Tigers need 2 starting pitchers and couple relievers. It's not worth gutting the few nice single A guys we have to get a haren or Latos.

It's time to finally be sellers. Get a decent haul for price, cespy, and Soria. Price will bring s solid prospect and a nice young developmental guy.

DD needs to find a couple nice young starters. By trading price, we can see farmer on a regular basis and see what he's got. Lobster is a month away or so, as he just started throwing again. Hell, Sanchez would fetch one of the biggest hauls...he's making like $14M/per and is far better than a guy like Porcello who brought a year of cespy, Alex Wilson who has been phenomenal, and spaier who has some potential (and Ricky is making $6M more per).

Oh yeah, and extend JD for 6 yr / $90M

July 12th, 2015, 7:07 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

conversion02 wrote:
Well, the tigers are pretty much done for. I so cannot wait for football season now. Too bad the kitties will end up tearing my heart out again.

The royals and twins are playing damn good ball and the Tigers need 2 starting pitchers and couple relievers. It's not worth gutting the few nice single A guys we have to get a haren or Latos.

It's time to finally be sellers. Get a decent haul for price, cespy, and Soria. Price will bring s solid prospect and a nice young developmental guy.

DD needs to find a couple nice young starters. By trading price, we can see farmer on a regular basis and see what he's got. Lobster is a month away or so, as he just started throwing again. Hell, Sanchez would fetch one of the biggest hauls...he's making like $14M/per and is far better than a guy like Porcello who brought a year of cespy, Alex Wilson who has been phenomenal, and spaier who has some potential (and Ricky is making $6M more per).

Oh yeah, and extend JD for 6 yr / $90M

I agree. I would keep Iglasias, JD Martinez, Gose, McCann, Lobstein, and Green( he is young and has shown he can dominate, we shouldn't give up on him yet).
Everyone else, including Miggy should be sold to the highest bidder.
I see this years team as being like the 1987 Tigers. The last decent team before we suffered through 20 years of putrid baseball. And our farm system is far more devoid of talent right now, than it was then. There is absolutely nothing from double A on up. And I am not so sure we even have anything to be excited about in single A. Maybe in this years draft. But, it is far too soon to know that.

July 13th, 2015, 2:43 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

Definitely looks like time to sell, some hypothical scenarios, maybe wishful thinking in most cases:

Price + Kinsler to the Cubs for Kyle Hendricks (RH-SP) and Addison Russell SS/2B (or settle for Javier Baez SS/2B)
Soria + Cespedes to the Blue Jays for Roberto Osuna (RH-RP) (or settle for Miguel Castro RHP-RP) and Aaron Sanchez (RHP-SP)
Davis to the SF Giants for Josh Osich (LH-RP) or settle for (RH-RP Derek Law)
Alex Avila to Nationals for Wilmer Difo SS

Rumor has it that Cespedes like Detroit and he may have a shot at re-signing in the offseason even if he s traded. So in the offseason sign Cespedes, look for a closer or setup guy and a frontline starter and possibly maneuver in some way to upgrade starting spots at CF or 3B by trading.

July 24th, 2015, 3:17 pm
Megatron

My question is, is it the team / players or the manager?

If I'm not mistaken, Ausmus is unproven. Since he has taken over the team seems to start out on fire then fall flat on their faces. Why can't he get this team to maintain their momentum? Maybe its time he's put on the hot seat.

July 28th, 2015, 10:13 am
Veteran NFL Head Coach

TheRealWags wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, Ausmus is unproven. Since he has taken over the team seems to start out on fire then fall flat on their faces. Why can't he get this team to maintain their momentum? Maybe its time he's put on the hot seat.

thats a great question im not sure anyone knows for sure but certainly they have far less talent in the starting rotation than they did one and two years ago and have never adequately addressed a weak bullpen. it would be unfair to say its all on the manager however i do think there are issues with the coaching staff in general. shane greene was much better as a yankee last year than as a tiger this year, robbie ray is a lot better as a diamondback this year than as a tiger last year, drew smyly pitched like a top of the rotation arm when he went to tampa. bullpen arms like rondon, alburquerque, krol arent developing very much. verlander s lost some velocity but they cant get anything out of him? i mean he s still throwing mid 90s when he wants to. also, i think ausmus does not do much to yield a strategic advantage and there have been a lot of boneheaded plays in the field and on the bases and a poor job managing the pitchers. alex wilson in a close game pitched an 8 pitch 8th inning and then out come ian krol and rondon in the 9th to blow the game wide open.

roster/talent - 50%
managing/strategy/decision making/scouting/motivation/preparation - 35%
coaching/development - 15%

July 28th, 2015, 6:44 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

The Legend wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:

thats a great question im not sure anyone knows for sure but certainly they have far less talent in the starting rotation than they did one and two years ago and have never adequately addressed a weak bullpen. it would be unfair to say its all on the manager however i do think there are issues with the coaching staff in general. shane greene was much better as a yankee last year than as a tiger this year, robbie ray is a lot better as a diamondback this year than as a tiger last year, drew smyly pitched like a top of the rotation arm when he went to tampa. bullpen arms like rondon, alburquerque, krol arent developing very much. verlander s lost some velocity but they cant get anything out of him? i mean he s still throwing mid 90s when he wants to. also, i think ausmus does not do much to yield a strategic advantage and there have been a lot of boneheaded plays in the field and on the bases and a poor job managing the pitchers. alex wilson in a close game pitched an 8 pitch 8th inning and then out come ian krol and rondon in the 9th to blow the game wide open.

roster/talent - 50%

Last season, Jim Bowden, ( former GM Cinci Reds, and current radio host on Sirius/XM MLB Radio), asked several Kansas City Royals players what the difference was between them and the Tigers. They all said that they come to play every day. The Tigers don't.

The Tigers are so good, they think they can just throw their hats and gloves on the field everyday and get a win just for showing up. They are perfectly satisfied to just be good. They have no ambition to be great!

July 28th, 2015, 8:25 pm
Megatron

BillySims wrote:
The Legend wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:

roster/talent - 50%

Last season, Jim Bowden, ( former GM Cinci Reds, and current radio host on Sirius/XM MLB Radio), asked several Kansas City Royals players what the difference was between them and the Tigers. They all said that they come to play every day. The Tigers don't.

The Tigers are so good, they think they can just throw their hats and gloves on the field everyday and get a win just for showing up. They are perfectly satisfied to just be good. They have no ambition to be great!
Agreed and this falls directly on the manager and coaching staff.

The Tigers need to do some soul-searching this off-season and if they're serious about winning the WS, they need to make the appropriate moves. Time to either clean house and get a new manager and staff or get players that will play for the current regime.

July 29th, 2015, 10:34 am
Martha Firestone Ford

It has been hard to watch this Tigers team just go through this season with no desire to be great.

But, now, since the trade deadline, it is painfully obvious to see that they have given up. They have hoisted the white flag and quit!!!!!

It is pathetic to see. Because, even after the trade deadline, they had 9 games to play against the Royals. If they would have made it a mission to beat the Royals in each of those 9 games, they would have only had to make up 2 or 3 more games in the rest of the schedule. But nope, they have laid down and assumed the fetal position.

August 12th, 2015, 12:06 pm
RIP Killer

In all fairness, they've been rolling with one hand tied behind their backs (and you want them to beat the best team in baseball 6 of 9 games lol):
2 rookie pitchers,
a rookie catcher,
a hit or miss Simon,
a homer-prone Sanchez,
NO MIGGY,
fill-in LF'er,
a CF'er who has disappeared offensively for 2 months,
terrible bullpen lefties (the righties have been pretty damn solid lately)...

Nick C gets hot for a week or two then disappears for a month

and.......

A terrible manager.

August 12th, 2015, 2:23 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

conversion02 wrote:
In all fairness, they've been rolling with one hand tied behind their backs (and you want them to beat the best team in baseball 6 of 9 games lol):
2 rookie pitchers,
a rookie catcher,
a hit or miss Simon,
a homer-prone Sanchez,
NO MIGGY,
fill-in LF'er,
a CF'er who has disappeared offensively for 2 months,
terrible bullpen lefties (the righties have been pretty damn solid lately)...

Nick C gets hot for a week or two then disappears for a month

and.......

A terrible manager.

They could at least do enough to give the impression that they are trying. They step to the plate defeated before they take the bat off their shoulder.

August 12th, 2015, 5:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]