View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 16th, 2018, 3:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 2016 Tigers 
Martha Firestone Ford

Post Re: 2016 Tigers
Who was that SP for us last night? And what did he do with Pelfrie?

I had given up hope for Pelfrie being anything but putrid.

May 13th, 2016, 1:27 am
Megatron

So, has the countdown begun on Ausmus' firing? Still surprised he's lasted this long.....

May 13th, 2016, 1:17 pm
RIP Killer

Sorry, but you can't blame multiple bullpen implosions on Ausmus. He sent his best pitchers in when the game was on the line and they proceeded to blow up for 5 runs. Against Texas - 7 runs. Not his fault.

I can blame him for stupid things like letting McCann and Gose hit against Scherzer when they were hitting a combined .319 on the season and they were a combined 0-4 with 4Ks against Scherzer (oh, and they eye test showed they were hacking at anything). Meanwhile, Salty and Nick have good righty splits and Nick is the hottest hitter in baseball. Yeah, I question those.

BUT - you can't blame the meatballs over the middle, the TOOTBLANs, the atrocious routes Gose takes, or the fact McCann/Gose/Upton can't hit the broad side of a barn on Ausmus. That's like saying Wags, your company is in the red, therefore you're fired because you suck. I know you're a VP of Engineering, but sales and marketing are doing a sucky job, so we're firing you.

May 13th, 2016, 1:41 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

TheRealWags wrote:
So, has the countdown begun on Ausmus' firing? Still surprised he's lasted this long.....

I don't know that Ausmus will be fired. But, I suspect we are going to sell off every older high priced player we can at the trade deadline.

Kinsler - We can bring up Machado to play 2nd Base.
Miggy - we can move Casalanos to 1st and bring up Jones to play 3rd. And don't say that no-one will take on his contract. Teams would line up to gives us lots of prospects for Miggy.
Verlander - He is still a big game pitcher. Hopefully, Norris gets his command back soon and is ready to go back into the SP rotation by the deadline.
Upton - Please let there be some team out there that still has the strike out king over rated. I would take a bag of sun flower seeds.
Vmart - I bet some AL team could use an upgrade at DH. There is none better than Vmart.

We should be able to get a bunch of very good prospects for all of these players.

May 13th, 2016, 6:44 pm
RIP Killer

Sorry, nobody is going to trade you anything for Upton and his record setting K-rate.

Seriously, people bitched about Moyà, but Upton is whiffing 40% of the time. Moyà is 18% lower than that right now.

Upton is absolutely pathetic. Along with MCant and Goose. Both are AAA lifers. Absolutely awful. Except, Upton is making $22M per year to do as well as any LB poster.

May 13th, 2016, 10:06 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

conversion02 wrote:
Sorry, nobody is going to trade you anything for Upton and his record setting K-rate.

Seriously, people bitched about Moyà, but Upton is whiffing 40% of the time. Moyà is 18% lower than that right now.

Upton is absolutely pathetic. Along with MCant and Goose. Both are AAA lifers. Absolutely awful. Except, Upton is making $22M per year to do as well as any LB poster.

And to think that Cespades signed with the Mets for less.
Cespades's current stats:

Quote:
GP 31 AB 114 R 20 H 32 2B 5 3B 1 HR 11 RBI 31 BB 13 SO 28 SB 1 CS 0 AVG .281 OBP .359 SLG .632 OPS .991

Last edited by BillySims on May 13th, 2016, 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 13th, 2016, 10:59 pm
RIP Killer

Unfortunately, Cespy was coming off a career year and everyone questioned whether would even sniff that kind of production again, especially hammering close to 40 dingers. But the average and the power are still up. He's proving to be a hell of a deal. Upton is bordering Chris Shelton replacement level. So depressing

May 13th, 2016, 11:06 pm
National Champion

most people only post here to complain about the Tigers. Just wanted to post a positive message today, Cabby and Maybin are playing so well right now. Co-MVP of the last week. Keep it up guys, back to 500 baseball and only 4 games back of 1st.

May 24th, 2016, 9:42 am
Martha Firestone Ford

And it looks like Pelfry is beginning to be something better than putrid.

May 24th, 2016, 3:24 pm
RIP Killer

And Sanchez has become horrid. However, Pelfrey is always going to Pelf. 5 IP, 3ER. That's not good. They have 2 pitchers who can't go more than 5 IP without getting wrecked. It'll be interesting to see what AA does with Sanchez and his $38M they still owe him.

May 26th, 2016, 9:27 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

What a great game from Fulmer. I think he is a keeper. LOL

May 28th, 2016, 11:27 am
National Champion

aManNamedSuh wrote:
Quote:
Their career averages are the exact same. Uptown had a worse year last year, but he was also on a team of chumps. With the protection he will get from Miggy and JD (and a healthy victor...or even Kinsler), he will be much better. Not to mention, he lacks any of the diva qualities that Cespy has.

I'll take a BA that's 15 points lower with a OBP that's 30 points higher. Especially when that OBP is in front of Miggy.

You nailed it, he's going to have a career year in runs and you can pretty much book it. So far I've liked nearly everything Avila has done this offseason. I still don't get the Pelfrey signing but what do I know?

Boy was I wrong about this Upton. I was willing to give him 50 games to turn it around but at this point he looks like a bigger bust signing than Nathan.

June 3rd, 2016, 8:47 am
Martha Firestone Ford

Last night might have been Justin Verlander's last game as a Tiger.

Word on the street is that, while the Tigers have publicly stated they are standing pat this year, any one of, or all of the following if teams make offers the Tigers can't refuse.

Verlander, Cabrera, Kinsler, JD Martinez, Victor Matinez, Zimmerman, and Upton.

Another player to watch is Chris Sale of the White Sox. He is being shopped. The Tigers might want to wait to see what the Sox get for him before trading Verlander. A former Cy Young and AL MVP that is under contract for the next 5 years should be worth quite a bit more than Sale who is under contract for 2 years more.

July 26th, 2016, 1:53 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

BillySims wrote:
Last night might have been Justin Verlander's last game as a Tiger.

Word on the street is that, while the Tigers have publicly stated they are standing pat this year, any one of, or all of the following if teams make offers the Tigers can't refuse.

Verlander, Cabrera, Kinsler, JD Martinez, Victor Matinez, Zimmerman, and Upton.

Another player to watch is Chris Sale of the White Sox. He is being shopped. The Tigers might want to wait to see what the Sox get for him before trading Verlander. A former Cy Young and AL MVP that is under contract for the next 5 years should be worth quite a bit more than Sale who is under contract for 2 years more.

Funny thing happened since I posted the above post. The Tigers started winning. They are now 4.5 games behind Cleveland for the division lead instead of the 8.5 they were behind by. And if Houston Street didn't blow the save today, the Tigers would have been tied with the Red Sox for the 2nd wild card spot. Instead, they remain 1 game behind Boston.

So, if the Tigers do any deals now, they will be buying. Most likely, they will stand pat though. JD Martinez and Jordan Zimmerman will be back soon. And hopefully, Daniel Norris won't be far behind them.

July 31st, 2016, 10:03 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

Tigers looking good, hope they keep the good times rolling

August 6th, 2016, 7:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next