View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 22nd, 2018, 10:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Different faces. Same results. 
Martha Firestone Ford

Post Different faces. Same results.
Our Bull Pen is still Bull Manure.

April 6th, 2016, 3:24 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

Post Re: Different faces. Same results.
at least K-Rod made it to Game 2.

Im actually more excited about this years team than last years. I like Mark Lowe and Wilson at the back end of that bullpen and I think KRod will be at a Soria type of level. Not dominant but will get the job done and be less of a circus than Valverde, Todd Jones, Nathan in recent years. The pen should also stand to get a boost from Alex Wilson and Blaine Hardy when they come back. Now, some of the guys like Kensing, VerHagen, Farmer and Ryan I have little confidence in. Farmer would be my top pick to be useful this season but maybe Ryan can turn into a situational lefty I dunno. Still I dont think that back end group will be asked to do much when Wilson/Hardy return and there some depth among the starters that some shuffling could help in case of injury.

April 7th, 2016, 12:19 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

The Legend wrote:
at least K-Rod made it to Game 2.

Im actually more excited about this years team than last years. I like Mark Lowe and Wilson at the back end of that bullpen and I think KRod will be at a Soria type of level. Not dominant but will get the job done and be less of a circus than Valverde, Todd Jones, Nathan in recent years. The pen should also stand to get a boost from Alex Wilson and Blaine Hardy when they come back. Now, some of the guys like Kensing, VerHagen, Farmer and Ryan I have little confidence in. Farmer would be my top pick to be useful this season but maybe Ryan can turn into a situational lefty I dunno. Still I dont think that back end group will be asked to do much when Wilson/Hardy return and there some depth among the starters that some shuffling could help in case of injury.

Yeah, for the most part, I agree. I was rather angry when I posted this thread.
Where I disagree is in Farmer. I just do not see major league talent in him. I look at him and see a 1 time through the batting order....... AT TRIPLE A LEVEL.

On the other hand, I see some hope for Ver Hagen as a solid 1 inning guy.

April 7th, 2016, 12:50 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

it looks like verhagen is higher in the pecking order right now and has probably pitched better in the bigs than farmer but i think farmer can miss more bats, throws harder and has a little bit better control

April 7th, 2016, 2:18 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

Well, that was about what I expected from Pelfry and Farmer.

I hope Norris gets healthy soon and takes the 4th Starter spot in the rotation and sends Pelfry to the Bull Pen and Farmer to Toledo where he belongs.

April 9th, 2016, 9:29 pm
RIP Killer

Pelfrey will be very Porcello-like all year. He will look awful one game and then twirl a 7 inning 3 hit shutout the next. Then he will go 3-4 in a row where he goes 6 IP with 2-3 runs. He's a sinker baller without wasn't getting any sink yesterday. poop happens. Farmer will never be any good.

April 10th, 2016, 8:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]