View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 20th, 2018, 1:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Off season moves. 
Martha Firestone Ford

Post Off season moves.
Am I the only one sad to see Maybin traded away AGAIN?

November 4th, 2016, 10:34 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

Post Re: Off season moves.
I hope Tyler Collins gets a legitimate shot to be the new CF. There is just something I like about this kid.

But, the trade of Maybin was completely unexpected to me. I was resigned to the fact that we would trade JD Martinez. Now, I hope and pray that we DO NOT trade him. Or else we are going to end up with the defensive nightmare replacing him. ( Moya).

There is also Anthony Gose to throw into the mix. Or we could bring back Raji Davis who is a FA and might be affordable enough. I also read that we could swing a low level trade for a reclamation project like Austin Jackson.

I am also resigned to the idea that we are going to trade Ian Kinsler. JaCoby Jones could be a good fit at 2nd even though we would be taking a significant hit offensively.

We have already picked the club option on KRod. I was hoping we would let him walk. We would have only owed him a couple million. I think Jose Jiminez is going to be ready early next season to move up to the majors and be a closer.

I hope that we can trade a couple of bums for a bag of batting practice balls. Mike Putrid and Anibel Stinkez!

November 5th, 2016, 11:13 am
Veteran NFL Head Coach

BillySims wrote:
Am I the only one sad to see Maybin traded away AGAIN?

last time we got cabrera this time not so much, maybe they have confidence in jacoby jones?

November 7th, 2016, 1:19 am
Martha Firestone Ford

The Tigers are backing away from the fire sale. Which is great. The hot stove league trades are negotiated with too much sanity. If you really want a high price for your players, you trade them at the trade deadline. That is when teams lose their sanity and sell the farm for your fire sale players. And also, I want Miggy to retire as a Tiger.

Verlander? I would love to have him retire as a Tiger. But, when a SP loses it, they lose it quickly. I would much rather rape an organization and sell high at the trade deadline with him.

December 5th, 2016, 6:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]